Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2016, 09:31 AM   #801
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

2016 International Annual Frog Rally August 14 to 20 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymooses View Post
You think it's possible to not continue insinuating that other Clubs or Groups aren't "SOCIAL" and that they aren't a "stuffy with their noses in the air group"

It's really rather rude to others who attend the Rally to have to see this.

I'm not sure I knew who you were referring to so I edited my post.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:34 AM   #802
Censored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
I'm not sure how the "clubs" you speak of act, but I can tell you there is one such "club" (PHat PHrogs) that does nothing but make everyone feel welcome and inviting. We've put on potluck dinners for 200 people the first year (covered the cost of meat/buns/condiments out of our own pockets) and 400 people the 2nd year we attended (2014). We also held cornhole tournaments, beer and wine tastings, and nightly story telling. We were mostly absent last year, but will be there this year (except 1 &#128577. I know there are clubs that keep mostly to themselves, but that is a small number of the total attendance, but more importantly there are others that want to make you feel welcome and would love to meet each and everyone of you. Put yourself out there and you will find a smiling face (although it may not be pretty).

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Phat Phrogs?? I was speaking about brand clubs, i.e. Cardinal, Cedar Creek, etc.

It looked to me that brand clubs were a majority at the rally. The Cedar Creek club looked like it took up the entire race track area. There must have been over 100 Cedar Creek brands out at the track.

The Cardinal club was another club that had a large group at the rally.
ManlyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:35 AM   #803

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Totally agree!

That really would be great.
kymooses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:42 AM   #804
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymooses View Post
You think it's possible to not continue insinuating that other Clubs or Groups aren't "SOCIAL" and that they aren't a "stuffy with their noses in the air group"

It's really rather rude to others who attend the Rally to have to see this.
I never insinuated anything to the sort. Others have stated that they felt left out because they didn't own a certain brand and felt excluded. I merely stated that the PPST is a social club first and not brand specific, all are welcome to join in any event, meal, etc that we hold. We don't charge dues, I've heard some do (or did). I merely want those who may feel left out because they don't own a certain brand that there are other options. As for the "stuffy nose in the air" comment, sure there are people that come off that way, most likely unintentionally though. As for you R-Podders, I think y'all are a hoot and have been welcomed into your campers many times! You guys are like the circus that came to town!
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:49 AM   #805

Don't they group the brands based on the service techs finding people to service their RV?

2016 Silverado Dually
2016 Cedar Creek Champagne 38el
Total Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:50 AM   #806

Send a message via AIM to B and B
No Tim the real Circus is all the tents set up at PPST Beer Tasting night due to the rain storms!!
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:51 AM   #807

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Bliss View Post
Don't they group the brands based on the service techs finding people to service their RV?
Being on parking for one year only there were some grouped together but most where hobo style parking.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:54 AM   #808

Quote:
I never insinuated anything to the sort. Others have stated that they felt left out because they didn't own a certain brand and felt excluded. I merely stated that the PPST is a social club first and not brand specific, all are welcome to join in any event, meal, etc that we hold. We don't charge dues, I've heard some do (or did). I merely want those who may feel left out because they don't own a certain brand that there are other options. As for the "stuffy nose in the air" comment, sure there are people that come off that way, most likely unintentionally though. As for you R-Podders, I think y'all are a hoot and have been welcomed into your campers many times! You guys are like the circus that came to town!

Good! Just don't want there to be any unintentional misunderstandings as you say.
kymooses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:57 AM   #809
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:

Not necessarily.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:07 AM   #810
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

I believe this is where the parking 'area' is concerned. FROG Bob stated before people will be assigned an 'area' such as Meadow, Grove, Infield, etc...

I assume they'll try to stick like brands in the same 'area' but then in that area they'll be hobo parked. So you might see a majority of one brand in one area, but not exactly lined up.

Logistically though, there's a lot more factors than just brand that are going to skew that, and I'm pretty sure the parking committee will be banging their heads against the wall more than once before everyone's parked.

Old 04-06-2016, 10:09 AM   #811

Good grief, lighten up. Some people with the same brand like to be together to just meet. No problem. Did not find any in those groups that were unfriendly! We were parked with class a,b,c,TT and 5th. Nice mix and friendly! Oh I don't go for the repairs, I go to meet and have a good time. If it turns out I need something fixed and I can't do it then I see about getting it fixed!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Old 04-06-2016, 10:10 AM   #812

The parking guys do one heck of a job. Considering they do it for free!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Old 04-06-2016, 10:37 AM   #813
cjearle

Quote:
I believe they do. It makes since to try and keep like models together. Would be easier than spreading them out to do the work. But also people can request to be grouped together and try to arrive together in order to do so.
I am a lonely Aviator owner. Like models like ours. There was only two us last year and looks like will only be me this year. I feel like so what if there are more cardinals, cedar creeks, berkies. When you get over 1600 people in one event, that brings on a huge variety of personalities. But I met a whole lot of wonderful people.
cjearle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:39 AM   #814
Site Team

Quote:
From my perspective, they do not. There was no other Wildcat in my entire section. There was one half way between my section and the chow hall. There was one southeast of the chow hall. Not grouped by any stretch of the imagination. I was given a service card with important information to attach to the pin box of my trailer. Service techs knew my parking spot from my service request conference and then techs looked for my pin-box mounted card to know they had found the right trailer.

See the video I posted earlier and you'll see the variety of "ungrouped" units parked in my area.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:43 AM   #815

On page 55 of this forum on post 550 cjearle2 states that only those folks with warranty issues will have their rigs looked at and repaired. I do not recall seeing anything like this stated anywhere on the forums except that Frog Bob has stated on here and at other rallies that I have attended he has spoken to me personally that they have set limits on what will be done. Which is IMO is more than fair. No adding slides, cutting in additional doors, doing complete upgrades, etc.

Dave
Western Golf and Country Cart (custom body, EZ-GO frame)
Arguing with some people is like trying to smell the color 9
Volvodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:48 AM   #816
cjearle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManlyMan View Post
Phat Phrogs?? I was speaking about brand clubs, i.e. Cardinal, Cedar Creek, etc.

It looked to me that brand clubs were a majority at the rally. The Cedar Creek club looked like it took up the entire race track area. There must have been over 100 Cedar Creek brands out at the track.

The Cardinal club was another club that had a large group at the rally.
So what! It is easier to keep like brands together for work details. And so campers can talk and compare their units. When you get over 1600 people together it is hard to entertain that many people. So if groups want to get together and have their own party, so be it. We are probably the smallest group out of all. We are the Aviator owners and looks like will only be one, this year. There was two last year. We never felt left out. There are no merchandise with Aviator on it, no T-shirts or hats with Aviator because so few of us. I did not care. We went out to meet and talk with people. Never noticed a turned up nose.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:52 AM   #817
cjearle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvodriver View Post
On page 55 of this forum on post 550 cjearle2 states that only those folks with warranty issues will have their rigs looked at and repaired. I do not recall seeing anything like this stated anywhere on the forums except that Frog Bob has stated on here and at other rallies that I have attended he has spoken to me personally that they have set limits on what will be done. Which is IMO is more than fair. No adding slides, cutting in additional doors, doing complete upgrades, etc.

Dave
If you look on the frog website it does state that rigs with safety issues recalls, and unit that are still under warranty. Will be addressed. Other repairs will be address for approval. They are trying to prevent people who bought used units to come and get an overhaul and free repairs. Did not mean warranty work only. Sorry for any misunderstanding.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:58 AM   #818
Director, FROG

Originally Posted by TURBS
I can see it now.
Red flashing lights and a big top full of beer.........
Toast to phrank rip

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized %1%2.

Bob Byrne, tell me it ain't so!! Deja vu all over again!! What could possibly go wrong here- especially if beer is involved!!

Tom, he has the awning out to work like a firemen's net. If there's enough slack, it will catch you. If it's too taut and acts like a trampoline -- well, I don't have to tell you about that.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 11:02 AM   #819
Director, FROG

Quote:
I have a question that maybe only FrogBob can answer, but if someone wanted custom work done and not repairs, (and willing to pay for it), such as Level up, awnings, etc, is there a way to book with these companies (Lippert, Dometic) early on? I'm looking at the possibility of adding an awning to my Georgetown. It may be a custom unit and if possible I would like to add it at the rally. Just not sure who to get in touch with. I know Dometic usually has a team on site. Wondered if maybe filling out a request form would put it in the hands of Georgetown, who would in turn get in touch with Dometic, get a cost, bill me, and have it ready for when I arrive.

Tim, I'd do it just as you suggest. Put it on a service request form, tell them you're willing to pay for it since it's an enhancement, and ask Georgetown to pass it along to the appropriate vendor.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 11:06 AM   #820
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
Juju, we love volunteers! Please send me an e-mail with the word "VOLUNTEER" as the subject, and let me know what you're interested in doing. There are also volunteer opportunities throughout the week, and you can just stop by the FROG office in the vendor area and offer to help.

We need people to help with parking and registration, to drive golf cart shuttles, to help people get on the right tour buses, make sure the caterers get to the right place for service tech lunches, and lots more. Volunteers are very much the lifeblood of the FROG Rally!

Bob do we email you thru the frog website?

XLR Owners United!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frog