Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2015, 02:53 PM   #851
Senior Member
 
SilhouettePenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountndream View Post
for those of us who are math impaired, whats next years date?
See post # 795.
__________________

__________________
2017 F350 Dually 6.7 Diesel
2014 Silhouette 299 RKDS
Nights Camped 2016 - 43

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline  
Old 11-30-2015, 04:51 PM   #852
Senior Member
 
SilhouettePenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
Yeah....in my dreams!! Now I want the XLR with the side patio!!!


XLR Owners United!
We saw a rear patio on a Sandpiper 5er at BamaGanza last month. Have not seen the side patio yet. That will give me something to go looking for tonight.

Currently de-winterizing for the last trip of the season to Gatlinburg & Pigeon Forge on Wednesday. Decent temperatures for the near future so we're gonna get 'er out one more time.

Thanks to help from other forum members we can now winterize with only one gallon of pink juice and do it in 20 minutes.
__________________

__________________
2017 F350 Dually 6.7 Diesel
2014 Silhouette 299 RKDS
Nights Camped 2016 - 43

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline  
Old 11-30-2015, 05:54 PM   #853
Moderator Emeritus
 
RVChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: In the Country
Posts: 6,342
Enjoy, SilouettePenny! Luck ducks!


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
__________________
Kenny n Karen
TV: 2007 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW - named Alice
RV: 2012 XLR Thunderbolt 35x12 - named Thor
RVChick is offline  
Old 12-01-2015, 10:42 AM   #854
cogito ergo moo
 
Cowracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Imperial (St. Louis) MO
Posts: 2,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilhouettePenny View Post
We saw a rear patio on a Sandpiper 5er at BamaGanza last month. Have not seen the side patio yet. That will give me something to go looking for tonight.

Currently de-winterizing for the last trip of the season to Gatlinburg & Pigeon Forge on Wednesday. Decent temperatures for the near future so we're gonna get 'er out one more time.

Thanks to help from other forum members we can now winterize with only one gallon of pink juice and do it in 20 minutes.
Wave hi as you go thru STL!

Tim
__________________
FROG Member MO-0008-571 Since 20124444444444My Project Blog: https://cowracer.blogspot.com/
2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss44444444"And Cowracer is right..." - Bikendan
Rallies Attended:
Cowracer is offline  
Old 12-01-2015, 10:43 AM   #855
cogito ergo moo
 
Cowracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Imperial (St. Louis) MO
Posts: 2,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilhouettePenny View Post
303 days till FROG-toberfest 2016

Maybe you can get that broken right front spring fixed by then...

Tim
__________________
FROG Member MO-0008-571 Since 20124444444444My Project Blog: https://cowracer.blogspot.com/
2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss44444444"And Cowracer is right..." - Bikendan
Rallies Attended:
Cowracer is offline  
Old 12-01-2015, 11:16 AM   #856
Senior Member
 
SilhouettePenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
Maybe you can get that broken right front spring fixed by then...

Tim
Actually it's in "low-rider" mode. Helps with mpg when not towing. Closer examination reveals no rear main seal leaking on my differential, like an Excursion. Back at 'cha cowboy!
__________________
2017 F350 Dually 6.7 Diesel
2014 Silhouette 299 RKDS
Nights Camped 2016 - 43

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline  
Old 12-01-2015, 02:15 PM   #857
cogito ergo moo
 
Cowracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Imperial (St. Louis) MO
Posts: 2,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilhouettePenny View Post
Actually it's in "low-rider" mode. Helps with mpg when not towing. Closer examination reveals no rear main seal leaking on my differential, like an Excursion. Back at 'cha cowboy!
It's not a rear main seal leak. It's just that stupid plastic water drain valve on the back of the fuel bowl that is leaking. It tends to wash all the oil off the motor. It's an incredible PITA to fix. You need someone with E.T.'s arms and fingers to get in there.

It's on my list.

Tim

(mumbling to self: I shoulda know better than throw shade on Rob...)
__________________
FROG Member MO-0008-571 Since 20124444444444My Project Blog: https://cowracer.blogspot.com/
2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss44444444"And Cowracer is right..." - Bikendan
Rallies Attended:
Cowracer is offline  
Old 12-01-2015, 07:20 PM   #858
Senior Member
 
SilhouettePenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
It's not a rear main seal leak. It's just that stupid plastic water drain valve on the back of the fuel bowl that is leaking. It tends to wash all the oil off the motor. It's an incredible PITA to fix. You need someone with E.T.'s arms and fingers to get in there.

It's on my list.

Tim

(mumbling to self: I shoulda know better than throw shade on Rob...)
Have you found the Ford Truck Enthusiasts forum! Lots of good info in the Excursion section including fuel bowl specific repairs. Just climbing up to the engine compartment of a lifted ride is half the challenge. The guys on the Truck-U television show have a neat gizmo for just this purpose. Or just nose it up to the porch/deck and run some 2x12 lumber over the edge. If you stuff beer cans strategically around the engine compartment, your good friends (assuming you have these) will disassemble the engine for you. Pizza will usually get it reassembled. Good luck!
__________________
2017 F350 Dually 6.7 Diesel
2014 Silhouette 299 RKDS
Nights Camped 2016 - 43

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline  
Old 12-02-2015, 10:29 AM   #859
cogito ergo moo
 
Cowracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Imperial (St. Louis) MO
Posts: 2,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilhouettePenny View Post
Have you found the Ford Truck Enthusiasts forum! Lots of good info in the Excursion section including fuel bowl specific repairs. Just climbing up to the engine compartment of a lifted ride is half the challenge. The guys on the Truck-U television show have a neat gizmo for just this purpose. Or just nose it up to the porch/deck and run some 2x12 lumber over the edge. If you stuff beer cans strategically around the engine compartment, your good friends (assuming you have these) will disassemble the engine for you. Pizza will usually get it reassembled. Good luck!
Yeah. I'm a forum whore. I'm on a lot of them. I usually just lurk on 'em, and only post when I need help with a problem. Funny is, I am regular contributor to the The Diesel Place, which is a GM truck forum, even though I don't have a GM diesel anymore. Only on the Diesel Place and here do I take active part in conversations.

Tim
__________________
FROG Member MO-0008-571 Since 20124444444444My Project Blog: https://cowracer.blogspot.com/
2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss44444444"And Cowracer is right..." - Bikendan
Rallies Attended:
Cowracer is offline  
Old 12-02-2015, 01:25 PM   #860
Moderator Emeritus
 
RVChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: In the Country
Posts: 6,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
Yeah. I'm a forum whore. I'm on a lot of them. I usually just lurk on 'em, and only post when I need help with a problem. Funny is, I am regular contributor to the The Diesel Place, which is a GM truck forum, even though I don't have a GM diesel anymore. Only on the Diesel Place and here do I take active part in conversations.

Tim

Nice to know we rank right up there with diesel!! Lol


XLR Owners United!
__________________

__________________
Kenny n Karen
TV: 2007 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW - named Alice
RV: 2012 XLR Thunderbolt 35x12 - named Thor
RVChick is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
frog

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 PM.