Old 08-08-2014, 12:50 AM   #381

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
I'm really impressed by all the good news stories about the FR techs helping folks at the rally. Makes me want to go next year.

When I hear how well the factory crews are treating everyone, how knowledgable they are and how they appreciate their customers and are so dedicated to serving them, it makes me wonder if they could offer training for their dealers. Some dealers do a great job but others could use some training and some persuasion from the factory that franchising could achieve. Maybe someone there could express that sales are won and lost by their dealer network and that it would be great if all FR customers could expect service from any FR dealer to be almost as good as it is at the rally (just not for free of course).

Hope everyone continues to have a great time at the rally and a safe journey home!

2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew with Max. Towing
10K Equal-i-zer

As we were told on the factory tour, FR dealers are independent. Thus, FR cannot "tell them what to do" we talked about that and for now, there is nothing FR can do about unmotivated dealers

As for the service techs and the line workers in the FR plants - they are fantastic! Can't say enough good things about them!! The work ethic is something you have to see to believe - the techs actually LOOK for problems to fix over and above what you have listed!

In the factory it is not uncommon to have 3 generations - father, son, grandpa and daughter working together on a unit. Amazing stuff! They test and test units and they have women come in and do QC before the unit leaves the plant BUT then the unit travels XYZ miles to a dealer who may or may not do a good PDI to make sure the road trip from FR to dealer did not shake something loose. THIS is the weak link in the chain.

Sent from my iPad Air using FRF App for iOS

Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 07:35 AM   #382

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBFIDY View Post
That's the BONUS.....THERE IS NO CHARGE.

BobFidy- you and Nancy were very much missed this year! We were at the campfire last night hearing about how you started all if this withe the "first 14"!

FRF & FROG member
Rallies 12 & 13, Cherry Blossom 13, Branson 13... More to come!
CheezPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:24 AM   #383

Reese showed up first this morning. I found out that they did not know about the rally until Tuesday and they had other commitments until today. They had only four units to look at. Considering the number of Revolutions we have here four is not a bad number. Kudos to all the service people.
2015 - 91
2016 - 171
2017 - 107
Blaster 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:19 AM   #384
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by elind View Post
I was told at wildcat that all the dealers are invited down to the plant for training. Shame on the dealers who choose not to send there techs down.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
X2!
Old 08-08-2014, 10:37 AM   #385
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I'd just drive over and act like you belong. I'm about an hour away and am thinking of making my own cameo appearance.
Sadly, a late night partying with the FROGs would make for a rough morning leaving tomorrow. I'm going to have to pass on my visit. Y'all have fun now, ya hear.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:03 AM   #386

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheezPack View Post
BobFidy- you and Nancy were very much missed this year! We were at the campfire last night hearing about how you started all if this withe the "first 14"!
Thanks guys......But it was much more IGGY and all of his work that made the "VERY FIRST INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY" such a great success in 2011. He and others of that first 14. If I could remember all of the names I could list them.....But they know who they are.....a lot of them that we have met again since Branson 2011, and we look forward to seeing more of them in the future.
We have missed ALL of our F.R.O.G. friends this week and hope that our paths will cross again real soon. You all travel safe on your trips home.
We wish that we could have been there this week but we will be leaving here Sept 2 for a 5 week trip to Kansas, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, California, and Nevada, before heading home.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:04 AM   #387

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
I'm really impressed by all the good news stories about the FR techs helping folks at the rally. Makes me want to go next year.

When I hear how well the factory crews are treating everyone, how knowledgable they are and how they appreciate their customers and are so dedicated to serving them, it makes me wonder if they could offer training for their dealers. Some dealers do a great job but others could use some training and some persuasion from the factory that franchising could achieve. Maybe someone there could express that sales are won and lost by their dealer network and that it would be great if all FR customers could expect service from any FR dealer to be almost as good as it is at the rally (just not for free of course).

Hope everyone continues to have a great time at the rally and a safe journey home!

2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew with Max. Towing
10K Equal-i-zer
The rally makes some of the dealers look really bad.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:13 AM   #388
Site Team

What time is bake sale pick up? Anyone?
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:00 PM   #389
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
What time is bake sale pick up? Anyone?

I believe between 2-4 today.

XLR Owners United!