Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2015, 08:12 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Boy Bob putting in another type of parking request might just get you BANNED from Goshen , looking forward to seeing you again this year!!!!
Had a couple of folks email me off list asking about BamaGanza being together -- I am not at ALL certain it is doable (and the last thing I want to do is give FROG Bob or CAPT Mike a stroke!)

At this point I am interested in seeing how many of the BamaGanza folks are coming to Goshen.

What REALLY impresses me though is the Forbes registered last night and are rig 493!!

493 rigs is almost as many rigs as were at Goshen last year - less than 24 hours after registered opened
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 08:33 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Had a couple of folks email me off list asking about BamaGanza being together -- I am not at ALL certain it is doable (and the last thing I want to do is give FROG Bob or CAPT Mike a stroke!)

At this point I am interested in seeing how many of the BamaGanza folks are coming to Goshen.

What REALLY impresses me though is the Forbes registered last night and are rig 493!!

493 rigs is almost as many rigs as were at Goshen last year - less than 24 hours after registered opened
NOT 493 for BamaGanza, I meant to add for Goshen, sorry.
Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 09:30 AM   #83

On the "Count down to Goshen" thread someone said there was 511 at 8:00 last night.

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 12:48 PM   #84

Camping "Together" at Goshen

More GOOD info (THANKS Capt Mike!) on "camping together" at Goshen (if you are on the BamaGanza email list, you should have already got this from me in a email blast--and if you DID NOT get email from me, please PM me your email address so I can get you on "the list" )

As far as “reserving” sections of the Fairgrounds, FROG Bob has made exceptions for established and recognized national brand-specific camping clubs: Cardinal, RPod, Columbus and Cedar Creek. It would be virtually impossible to go beyond that and have any hope of getting everyone in and parked in any kind of a reasonable fashion. Hobo-style (lined up as they come in) is the only method that makes sense in those big, open fields we have to use.

That being said, if the 'Bama group wants to park together, they might want to meet somewhere away from the fairgrounds (Menard's parking lot, on the south side of town comes to mind, or everybody congregate at a commercial campground to await the full contingent) and all caravan in together. That would put them all together.

(I know that several groups did this last year and, short of caravanning up to the rally, this is the only method Anne-Marie and I can see that would work for the BamaGanza group)

Here is one final thought from Capt Mike to consider:

One thing, though: Just as they met one another for the first time at your local rally, Goshen gives them the opportunity to meet more new folks from practically anywhere in the country who they might end up next to. They can still "find" their BamaGanza buddies and get together for meals and to socialize at each other's campsites.

We did this last year (we were not parked with the Phat Phrogs) As such, we got to meet a bunch of new friends and forum members!

Anne-Marie and I will be going up early as part of the Parking Committee and, as such, would not be able to caravan or meet at a rally point in Goshen so you could all arrive at the Fairgrounds at the same time and be parked together.

Sill, we DO want to plan some activities with y’all! FYI, we are going on the Amish Housewives & the Boats, Bison & BBQ tours. We also plan on going to the RV Hall of Fame one day (and having Breakfast at Das Essenhaus before the RV hall of fame tour). Any or all of you are welcome to join us on these outings! Also, no FIRM plans yet, but we may try to put together a group ‘pot luck’ (no sponsor, just a pot-luck!) on Thursday night. More on this as we get closer to the Goshen FROG Rally!
Old 03-30-2015, 01:50 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
More GOOD info (THANKS Capt Mike!) on "camping together" at Goshen (if you are on the BamaGanza email list, you should have already got this from me in a email blast--and if you DID NOT get email from me, please PM me your email address so I can get you on "the list" )

As far as “reserving” sections of the Fairgrounds, FROG Bob has made exceptions for established and recognized national brand-specific camping clubs: Cardinal, RPod, Columbus and Cedar Creek. It would be virtually impossible to go beyond that and have any hope of getting everyone in and parked in any kind of a reasonable fashion. Hobo-style (lined up as they come in) is the only method that makes sense in those big, open fields we have to use.

That being said, if the 'Bama group wants to park together, they might want to meet somewhere away from the fairgrounds (Menard's parking lot, on the south side of town comes to mind, or everybody congregate at a commercial campground to await the full contingent) and all caravan in together. That would put them all together.

(I know that several groups did this last year and, short of caravanning up to the rally, this is the only method Anne-Marie and I can see that would work for the BamaGanza group)

Here is one final thought from Capt Mike to consider:

One thing, though: Just as they met one another for the first time at your local rally, Goshen gives them the opportunity to meet more new folks from practically anywhere in the country who they might end up next to. They can still "find" their BamaGanza buddies and get together for meals and to socialize at each other's campsites.

We did this last year (we were not parked with the Phat Phrogs) As such, we got to meet a bunch of new friends and forum members!

Anne-Marie and I will be going up early as part of the Parking Committee and, as such, would not be able to caravan or meet at a rally point in Goshen so you could all arrive at the Fairgrounds at the same time and be parked together.

Sill, we DO want to plan some activities with y’all! FYI, we are going on the Amish Housewives & the Boats, Bison & BBQ tours. We also plan on going to the RV Hall of Fame one day (and having Breakfast at Das Essenhaus before the RV hall of fame tour). Any or all of you are welcome to join us on these outings! Also, no FIRM plans yet, but we may try to put together a group ‘pot luck’ (no sponsor, just a pot-luck!) on Thursday night. More on this as we get closer to the Goshen FROG Rally!
Guess I can say good luck, but it seems people are forgetting that they try to fill request such as the A-PODS group, but they are all the same unit. How do you expect the factory to travel all over the fair grounds? Thats why they try to put the divisions together. It's faster for them and easier. Think about what you're asking for. I do not know of any group that came in together were parked together, the parking assignments are made way before you arrive. Is your Bamba group all the same units? Something to think about. But good luck.....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 01:57 PM   #86
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Guess I can say good luck, but it seems people are forgetting that they try to fill request such as the A-PODS group, but they are all the same unit. How do you expect the factory to travel all over the fair grounds? Thats why they try to put the divisions together. It's faster for them and easier. Think about what you're asking for. I do not know of any group that came in together were parked together, the parking assignments are made way before you arrive. Is your Bamba group all the same units? Something to think about. But good luck.....
You're right Glenn, it's not practical to have numerous brands scattered all over the fairgrounds and expect the service trucks to spend their valuable time driving all over.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:19 PM   #87

Send a message via AIM to B and B
The Nashville group is recognized too isn't it? What about the Frog Rendezvous from Ontario..
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 06:25 PM   #88

Bamaganza April UPDATE!

Greetings Fellow FROG BamaGanza '15 Attendees! (and those that might want to attend!)

The Bamaganza '15 FROG rally will take place 15-18 October at Noccalula Falls Park in Gadsden, AL. We have discounted Camping, a FROG Provided BBQ on Saturday evening, and more! Please read on...

We have some great news for Ya’ll!

We will be having 2 RV Dealers Sponsor activities at Bamaganza this year! Bankston RV out of Florence, AL and HOOD RV right on I-65 in Decatur, AL! Both dealers have promised to bring demo units that BamaGanza attendees can walk through and ask questions about. In addition both dealerships will be sponsoring raffles and providing rally attendees a breakfast on Saturday & Sunday of BamaGanza '15!

Our Thanks to Charles Massy (RVNut) for spearheading the Dealer Sponsorship! Charlie is still working with several other RV dealers to donate some door prizes. So far we have some pretty nice prizes thanks to Charlie’s hard work!

Now, here is a question we would like to put out to all attendees: There is a chance we could get a Country and Western band (and a darn good one at that!) to play at the Saturday Night BBQ. What we would need to do though is “pass the hat” and get a $20 donation from each rig attending the rally to defray expenses for the band. Please - reply to me and all you need to do is say Yes or No in the email [send it to bob@williamsnet.org]. This way we can get a sense of how ya’ll feel about this. If you have already responded from the Bamaganza Email list, no need to do it again!

Regardless how you vote, the donation would be strictly voluntary - we just want to see how many vote “yes" so we can tell the band how much they could expect (they have to travel down to Gadsden from North Alabama).

If you are interested in attending BamaGanza '15 and are NOT on our email list, please send a email to bob@williamsnet.org and let use know -- we will put you on the list!

Other Rally Notes:

So far we have 43 Rigs that have expressed interest in attending - when FROG Bob sends out his email invitation to FROG members in AL-FL-GA-TN-MS we expect that number to go up markedly — in fact, we may sell out the campground (70 full hookups!) so if you have a friend who has a Forest River RV and they want to attend, please have them email me ASAP!

Anne-Marie and Bob are trying to negotiate with Noccalula Falls CG to allow FROG to register earlier than July 1. We will email ya’ll when we hear from the CG & Gadsden Visitors Center!

Hope everyone is having a Fabulous Sunday and getting ready to gear up for the camping season!

Anne-Marie & Bob Williams | Dennis & Sandy Thrett
Coordinators, BamaGanza ‘15
Old 04-26-2015, 06:59 PM   #89

Just sent you an email Bob.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:26 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin Cajun View Post
Just sent you an email Bob.
Got it and THANKS! -- Replied!
Old 04-26-2015, 08:22 PM   #91

Sat nite bbq

Doe we need to bring anything to or for the bbq. New to this and just need to keep asking questions. Thanks in advance for info
2003 Ford F-250 super duty diesel
Vinemont, AL
Triple SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:30 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple SS View Post
Doe we need to bring anything to or for the bbq. New to this and just need to keep asking questions. Thanks in advance for info
If you have a portable BBQ Grill that would be GREATLY appreciated! We will be grilling for - it looks like - over 100 folks Saturday night so we can use all the grills we can get!

The BBQ on Saturday is traditionally a "Pot Luck" with all the side dishes being provided by the Rally Attendees. The meat (probably chicken, brats and Ribs like last year) provided by FROG Bob and the good folks at Forest River!

We are Hoping that Friday night we can all go to top of the River - a GREAT BBQ & Seafood restaurant in Gadsden for a no-host dinner ... However if we exceed their capacity maybe we can do a group pot luck dinner on Friday night -- what do you all think?
Old 04-26-2015, 10:14 PM   #93

Bob, We will have our grill there and hope to put together a light display and show with music. Thanks for update on things
2014 F350 / 2015 CC 36 CKTS
Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 03:46 AM   #94

Bbq

Thanks. Will see what we can do about a grill. Ours is just big enough to do maybe 4 hamburgers. As for pot luck. I think I can do a side dish with no problem. Appreciate the info
2003 Ford F-250 super duty diesel
Vinemont, AL
Triple SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:24 AM   #95

Folks -- if you have NOT sent me email with your rig specifics - please do so ASAP so I can keep the email list current. we will be sending out monthly updates and, even though I will post here as well, the email list will be the "official" attendance list for BamaGanza '15

Please send this information to bob AT williamsnet DOT org:

BamaGanza ’15 Information Request:

Your Name:
Your FRF Handle:
Your email address:

Your Cell Phone Number:
Significant Other’s Name:

Significant Other’s FRF Handle:
Significant Other’s email:
Significant Other’s Cell Phone Number:

City and State of Residence:

How many Children will attend with you:
How many FurKids will attend with you:

RIG INFO:
Type- (Pop-up | Hybrid | Travel Trailer | 5th Wheel | Motorhome)
Make:
Model number:
Length (feet):
Number of Slides:
Power requirement: (20 | 30 | 50 amp)
Old 04-27-2015, 08:49 AM   #96

Our grill is always on board, Chuck "Not Scott" is will to help Dennis do the grilling

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:03 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlePM View Post
Our grill is always on board, Chuck "Not Scott" is will to help Dennis do the grilling
Thanks Pennie! The "BamaGanza Grill Team" capably led by CSM Retired (Dennis) will be hard at work Saturday 17 Oct! Dennis has not told me yet if they will do a pass in review with tongs and spatulas at port arms, but given our military backgrounds, anything is possible!
Old 04-27-2015, 10:22 AM   #98

Bob, I can bring my Weber Grill and a small smoker. What about charcoal want me to bring extra. Please let me know if I can help in anyway just let me know.😃😃😃. By the way we are good with Band $$$.

Sent from outer space! 🇺🇸😄😄🇺🇸
Chevy Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:39 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy Two View Post
Bob, I can bring my Weber Grill and a small smoker. What about charcoal want me to bring extra. Please let me know if I can help in anyway just let me know.������. By the way we are good with Band $$$.

Sent from outer space! ������������
Bill - THANKS!!

The grill and smoker would be AWESOME! Extra charcoal probably would not hurt either.

If we had enough folks that could bring a few *Smokers* we could start early - Maybe Friday and Smoke Ribs and Chicken and then re-heat them on the grills before the pot luck feast on Saturday!

Hmmmmm
Old 04-29-2015, 12:52 PM   #100

BamaGanza '15 Registration is OPEN!

Let's Get Ready to Rally!!

Good Afternoon to all FROGs!

The manager of Noccalula Falls campground, Ms. Kaila Fair, has graciously agreed to open registration early for BamaGanza '15! So, let's show our support to this fine campground by reserving your site for the rally as soon as you can call the campground! we expect the campground to fill quickly, so don't delay!

The campground will allow early arrival (as early as 12 Oct) and late departure (they close in mid-Dec ). In order for them to accept your registration, you need to follow these steps:
  • Take a Look at the attached maps of the campground and select the site you want to reserve (you might want to have 1 or 2 other sites selected as a backup just in case your site is already taken! )
  • BTW, C5 & P5 are already reserved for Anne-Marie, Bob, Sandy & Dennis so we can be central to the rally.
  • Sites D13,14,16,17, C8, and P2-4 are reserved for the RV Dealer Demo Rigs
  • Consider your Rig size and take note of the sites that are marked 25' and under! (They are marked with a hot pink S)
  • Please consider your fellow campers and size your desired site to your rig (does your R-Pod really need that 50' pull through site?
  • Call the Noccalula Falls Campground at: 256-543-7412 - ask for Kaila Fair - she is working today and waiting for you to call.
  • Tell them that you are with the FROG GROUP and would like to register for a campsite.
  • Let them know if you are arriving early or staying late (Bob & Anne-Marie will be on site 11 Oct; Dennis and Sandy 13 Oct)
  • They will bill you for one night at the FROG rate of $21.17 (50 AMP) or $16.13(30 Amp)
  • Balance will be due on arrival
  • After you register at the campground, please drop us a email and let us know what site you are on and when you will be arriving and departing (bob@williamsnet.org)
Rally Details:

October 15-18 2015
Noccalula Falls Park,
1600 Noccalula Road,
Gadsden AL, 35904

Rally cost: Paid directly to the Campground:
  • 30/50AMP/Water/Sewage/Cable: $63.51
  • 30 AMP Water (Possibility of cable if you bring a long COAX): $48.39
  • Early Arrival/Late Departure: $21.17 (50 AMP) $16.13 (30 AMP) per day extra.
We will have 2 covered venues:
  • Haney Hall: Seats 70 indoors, has a full kitchen with freezer, bathrooms and cable TV.
  • Lighted outdoor Park Pavilion: Seats 100+ has electricity and BBQ Grills.
Campground Amenities:
  • WIFI Available throughout the camp included in site cost.
  • Horseshoe pit & volleyball area
  • Children's Playground
  • Laundry, bathrooms, and shower facility.
  • Dump station (included in your camping fee).
Schedule of Activities to follow in our May update!

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the Rally!

Anne-Marie, Bob Sandy & Dennis
Your Hosts for BamaGanza '15
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CG-1.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	248.1 KB
ID:	75625   Click image for larger version

Name:	CG-2.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	272.4 KB
ID:	75626