Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2015, 09:12 AM   #81
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 6,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Boy Bob putting in another type of parking request might just get you BANNED from Goshen , looking forward to seeing you again this year!!!!
Had a couple of folks email me off list asking about BamaGanza being together -- I am not at ALL certain it is doable (and the last thing I want to do is give FROG Bob or CAPT Mike a stroke!)

At this point I am interested in seeing how many of the BamaGanza folks are coming to Goshen.

What REALLY impresses me though is the Forbes registered last night and are rig 493!!

493 rigs is almost as many rigs as were at Goshen last year - less than 24 hours after registered opened
__________________

__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 09:33 AM   #82
Senior Member
 
Forbes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Had a couple of folks email me off list asking about BamaGanza being together -- I am not at ALL certain it is doable (and the last thing I want to do is give FROG Bob or CAPT Mike a stroke!)

At this point I am interested in seeing how many of the BamaGanza folks are coming to Goshen.

What REALLY impresses me though is the Forbes registered last night and are rig 493!!

493 rigs is almost as many rigs as were at Goshen last year - less than 24 hours after registered opened
NOT 493 for BamaGanza, I meant to add for Goshen, sorry.
__________________

__________________
Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:30 AM   #83
Senior Member
 
LittlePM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: In the Heart of Dixie
Posts: 1,777
On the "Count down to Goshen" thread someone said there was 511 at 8:00 last night.
__________________
Pennie and Chuck, Mandi and Polly (the little dogs)
Your Hosts for BamaGanza 2017
2014 Georgetown XL378, 2013 Honda CR-V AWD Toad
Days Camped 2014 - 83, 2015 - 56, 2016 - 58, 2017 - 86

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 01:48 PM   #84
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 6,987
Camping "Together" at Goshen

More GOOD info (THANKS Capt Mike!) on "camping together" at Goshen (if you are on the BamaGanza email list, you should have already got this from me in a email blast--and if you DID NOT get email from me, please PM me your email address so I can get you on "the list" )

As far as “reserving” sections of the Fairgrounds, FROG Bob has made exceptions for established and recognized national brand-specific camping clubs: Cardinal, RPod, Columbus and Cedar Creek. It would be virtually impossible to go beyond that and have any hope of getting everyone in and parked in any kind of a reasonable fashion. Hobo-style (lined up as they come in) is the only method that makes sense in those big, open fields we have to use.


That being said, if the 'Bama group wants to park together, they might want to meet somewhere away from the fairgrounds (Menard's parking lot, on the south side of town comes to mind, or everybody congregate at a commercial campground to await the full contingent) and all caravan in together. That would put them all together.


(I know that several groups did this last year and, short of caravanning up to the rally, this is the only method Anne-Marie and I can see that would work for the BamaGanza group)


Here is one final thought from Capt Mike to consider:


One thing, though: Just as they met one another for the first time at your local rally, Goshen gives them the opportunity to meet more new folks from practically anywhere in the country who they might end up next to. They can still "find" their BamaGanza buddies and get together for meals and to socialize at each other's campsites.


We did this last year (we were not parked with the Phat Phrogs) As such, we got to meet a bunch of new friends and forum members!


Anne-Marie and I will be going up early as part of the Parking Committee and, as such, would not be able to caravan or meet at a rally point in Goshen so you could all arrive at the Fairgrounds at the same time and be parked together.


Sill, we DO want to plan some activities with y’all! FYI, we are going on the Amish Housewives & the Boats, Bison & BBQ tours. We also plan on going to the RV Hall of Fame one day (and having Breakfast at Das Essenhaus before the RV hall of fame tour). Any or all of you are welcome to join us on these outings! Also, no FIRM plans yet, but we may try to put together a group ‘pot luck’ (no sponsor, just a pot-luck!) on Thursday night. More on this as we get closer to the Goshen FROG Rally!
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 02:50 PM   #85
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
More GOOD info (THANKS Capt Mike!) on "camping together" at Goshen (if you are on the BamaGanza email list, you should have already got this from me in a email blast--and if you DID NOT get email from me, please PM me your email address so I can get you on "the list" )

As far as “reserving” sections of the Fairgrounds, FROG Bob has made exceptions for established and recognized national brand-specific camping clubs: Cardinal, RPod, Columbus and Cedar Creek. It would be virtually impossible to go beyond that and have any hope of getting everyone in and parked in any kind of a reasonable fashion. Hobo-style (lined up as they come in) is the only method that makes sense in those big, open fields we have to use.


That being said, if the 'Bama group wants to park together, they might want to meet somewhere away from the fairgrounds (Menard's parking lot, on the south side of town comes to mind, or everybody congregate at a commercial campground to await the full contingent) and all caravan in together. That would put them all together.


(I know that several groups did this last year and, short of caravanning up to the rally, this is the only method Anne-Marie and I can see that would work for the BamaGanza group)


Here is one final thought from Capt Mike to consider:


One thing, though: Just as they met one another for the first time at your local rally, Goshen gives them the opportunity to meet more new folks from practically anywhere in the country who they might end up next to. They can still "find" their BamaGanza buddies and get together for meals and to socialize at each other's campsites.


We did this last year (we were not parked with the Phat Phrogs) As such, we got to meet a bunch of new friends and forum members!


Anne-Marie and I will be going up early as part of the Parking Committee and, as such, would not be able to caravan or meet at a rally point in Goshen so you could all arrive at the Fairgrounds at the same time and be parked together.


Sill, we DO want to plan some activities with y’all! FYI, we are going on the Amish Housewives & the Boats, Bison & BBQ tours. We also plan on going to the RV Hall of Fame one day (and having Breakfast at Das Essenhaus before the RV hall of fame tour). Any or all of you are welcome to join us on these outings! Also, no FIRM plans yet, but we may try to put together a group ‘pot luck’ (no sponsor, just a pot-luck!) on Thursday night. More on this as we get closer to the Goshen FROG Rally!
Guess I can say good luck, but it seems people are forgetting that they try to fill request such as the A-PODS group, but they are all the same unit. How do you expect the factory to travel all over the fair grounds? Thats why they try to put the divisions together. It's faster for them and easier. Think about what you're asking for. I do not know of any group that came in together were parked together, the parking assignments are made way before you arrive. Is your Bamba group all the same units? Something to think about. But good luck.....
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 02:57 PM   #86
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Guess I can say good luck, but it seems people are forgetting that they try to fill request such as the A-PODS group, but they are all the same unit. How do you expect the factory to travel all over the fair grounds? Thats why they try to put the divisions together. It's faster for them and easier. Think about what you're asking for. I do not know of any group that came in together were parked together, the parking assignments are made way before you arrive. Is your Bamba group all the same units? Something to think about. But good luck.....
You're right Glenn, it's not practical to have numerous brands scattered all over the fairgrounds and expect the service trucks to spend their valuable time driving all over.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 10:19 PM   #87
Senior Member
 
B and B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wilmot Twp, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 8,602
The Nashville group is recognized too isn't it? What about the Frog Rendezvous from Ontario..
__________________
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:25 PM   #88
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 6,987
Bamaganza April UPDATE!

Greetings Fellow FROG BamaGanza '15 Attendees! (and those that might want to attend!)

The Bamaganza '15 FROG rally will take place 15-18 October at Noccalula Falls Park in Gadsden, AL. We have discounted Camping, a FROG Provided BBQ on Saturday evening, and more! Please read on...

We have some great news for Ya’ll!

We will be having 2 RV Dealers Sponsor activities at Bamaganza this year! Bankston RV out of Florence, AL and HOOD RV right on I-65 in Decatur, AL! Both dealers have promised to bring demo units that BamaGanza attendees can walk through and ask questions about. In addition both dealerships will be sponsoring raffles and providing rally attendees a breakfast on Saturday & Sunday of BamaGanza '15!

Our Thanks to Charles Massy (RVNut) for spearheading the Dealer Sponsorship! Charlie is still working with several other RV dealers to donate some door prizes. So far we have some pretty nice prizes thanks to Charlie’s hard work!

Now, here is a question we would like to put out to all attendees: There is a chance we could get a Country and Western band (and a darn good one at that!) to play at the Saturday Night BBQ. What we would need to do though is “pass the hat” and get a $20 donation from each rig attending the rally to defray expenses for the band. Please - reply to me and all you need to do is say Yes or No in the email [send it to bob@williamsnet.org]. This way we can get a sense of how ya’ll feel about this. If you have already responded from the Bamaganza Email list, no need to do it again!

Regardless how you vote, the donation would be strictly voluntary - we just want to see how many vote “yes" so we can tell the band how much they could expect (they have to travel down to Gadsden from North Alabama).

If you are interested in attending BamaGanza '15 and are NOT on our email list, please send a email to bob@williamsnet.org and let use know -- we will put you on the list!

Other Rally Notes:

So far we have 43 Rigs that have expressed interest in attending - when FROG Bob sends out his email invitation to FROG members in AL-FL-GA-TN-MS we expect that number to go up markedly — in fact, we may sell out the campground (70 full hookups!) so if you have a friend who has a Forest River RV and they want to attend, please have them email me ASAP!

Anne-Marie and Bob are trying to negotiate with Noccalula Falls CG to allow FROG to register earlier than July 1. We will email ya’ll when we hear from the CG & Gadsden Visitors Center!

Hope everyone is having a Fabulous Sunday and getting ready to gear up for the camping season!


Anne-Marie & Bob Williams | Dennis & Sandy Thrett
Coordinators, BamaGanza ‘15
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:59 PM   #89
Senior Member
 
Campin Cajun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Cut Off, La.
Posts: 1,830
Just sent you an email Bob.
__________________
2013 Berkshire 390BH
Campin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:26 PM   #90
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 6,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin Cajun View Post
Just sent you an email Bob.
Got it and THANKS! -- Replied!
__________________

__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
alabama

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:50 PM.