Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2015, 11:39 PM   #171
Senior Member
 
CSMRetired's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: N. Central Texas
Posts: 1,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
ABSOLUTELY Sandy & Steve! Still looking for input on dates folks
Stay with October. ...nice days. ..cool nights. Besides, all you 'Roll Tide' folks wouldn't have any football to watch in April.
__________________

__________________

'Pa Pa's Palace'

2014 Sportscoach Crosscountry 405FK
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
CSMRetired is offline  
Old 01-12-2015, 11:46 PM   #172
BamaCamper
 
cjearle2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 398
Bama rally

HAHAHAHA!
__________________

__________________
:
Aviator Wright Flyer 1912
F-250 2014
cjearle2 is offline  
Old 01-13-2015, 09:03 AM   #173
Senior Member
 
Forbes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMRetired View Post
Stay with October. ...nice days. ..cool nights. Besides, all you 'Roll Tide' folks wouldn't have any football to watch in April.
Right on Pa Pa but you had better watch out for the VOL's
__________________
Forbes is offline  
Old 01-13-2015, 12:58 PM   #174
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 6,987
Ok so we have a FIRM BamaGanza rally month - OCTOBER!

Now for the hard question - where? Yes, Elkmont was a great site and the owners bent over backwards to accommodate us but...20 units Max - 22 if some double up and that is absolute max capacity.

So...do y'all want me to start looking for larger capacity camps? Do you have a favorite camp we should investigate?

Camp criteria...since y'all are coming from the "Tri-State area " I would like to keep it centralized so that folks from TN, GA, MS don't have too far to drive (sorry FL it's gonna be a drive for you unless you are on the panhandle (and the annual award for longest traveled still go to Dennis and Sandy &#128540

I am willing to bet if we market the rally to the FROG list we can easily get 40 units in this year... so as you think about camp grounds, look at places that can accommodate 45+ units so I will not have to turn away all the last minute registrants 😝😝😝


Sent from my iPad Air using FRF App for iOS
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline  
Old 01-13-2015, 01:20 PM   #175
Senior Member
 
CSMRetired's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: N. Central Texas
Posts: 1,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Ok so we have a FIRM BamaGanza rally month - OCTOBER!

Now for the hard question - where? Yes, Elkmont was a great site and the owners bent over backwards to accommodate us but...20 units Max - 22 if some double up and that is absolute max capacity.

So...do y'all want me to start looking for larger capacity camps? Do you have a favorite camp we should investigate?

Camp criteria...since y'all are coming from the "Tri-State area " I would like to keep it centralized so that folks from TN, GA, MS don't have too far to drive (sorry FL it's gonna be a drive for you unless you are on the panhandle (and the annual award for longest traveled still go to Dennis and Sandy &#128540

I am willing to bet if we market the rally to the FROG list we can easily get 40 units in this year... so as you think about camp grounds, look at places that can accommodate 45+ units so I will not have to turn away all the last minute registrants ������


Sent from my iPad Air using FRF App for iOS
Try Desoto Falls Bob.....not sure where it is, but I understand it is pretty accommodating
__________________

'Pa Pa's Palace'

2014 Sportscoach Crosscountry 405FK
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
CSMRetired is offline  
Old 01-13-2015, 01:27 PM   #176
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 6,987
I was thinking about DeSoto as well Dennis (GMTA &#128521

Also there is a CG down in Gadsden that may work as well - and give a driving break to the LA and FL folks 👍

If we camped in Gadsden, maybe we could arrange a tour of the Goodyear plant LOL!!

(Backstory: rumor has it that this is the last American tire factory to make RV tires)


Sent from my iPad Air using FRF App for iOS
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline  
Old 01-13-2015, 01:30 PM   #177
Senior Member
 
CSMRetired's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: N. Central Texas
Posts: 1,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
I was thinking about DeSoto as well Dennis (GMTA &#128521

Also there is a CG down in Gadsden that may work as well - and give a driving break to the LA and FL folks ��

If we camped in Gadsden, maybe we could arrange a tour of the Goodyear plant LOL!!

(Backstory: rumor has it that this is the last American tire factory to make RV tires)


Sent from my iPad Air using FRF App for iOS
wherever we can get 40 to 45 units in.......are either of those private or are they parks, as in state or national?
__________________

'Pa Pa's Palace'

2014 Sportscoach Crosscountry 405FK
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
CSMRetired is offline  
Old 01-13-2015, 01:46 PM   #178
Senior Member
 
CSMRetired's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: N. Central Texas
Posts: 1,102
check out Noccalula Falls Campground in Gadsden......looks like it might fit the bill, 126 sites....pull throughs so on.
__________________

'Pa Pa's Palace'

2014 Sportscoach Crosscountry 405FK
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
CSMRetired is offline  
Old 01-13-2015, 01:54 PM   #179
BamaCamper
 
cjearle2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 398
Alabama Frog

We have been to Desoto Falls. It is beautiful 7 waterfalls that you can hike too. Close to look out mountain. A nice little town close by for shopping. It is in the north eastern part of Alabama. It is a State Park. Concrete Pads with very nice bath houses.

Carol Earle
__________________
:
Aviator Wright Flyer 1912
F-250 2014
cjearle2 is offline  
Old 01-13-2015, 05:22 PM   #180
Senior Member
 
CSMRetired's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: N. Central Texas
Posts: 1,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjearle2 View Post
We have been to Desoto Falls. It is beautiful 7 waterfalls that you can hike too. Close to look out mountain. A nice little town close by for shopping. It is in the north eastern part of Alabama. It is a State Park. Concrete Pads with very nice bath houses.

Carol Earle
Question is, would a state park allow/accommodate a rally? Do they have full hook ups and 50 amp service? Could they provide a pavilion....those would be some of my concerns right off the top.
__________________

__________________

'Pa Pa's Palace'

2014 Sportscoach Crosscountry 405FK
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
CSMRetired is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
alabama, frog

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 PM.