Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #121
Senior Member
 
exploreco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central Illiniois
Posts: 160
My wife had a question she wanted me to ask. Being that we just joined and are new owners of a Rockwood pop up and not been on any FROG rallies yet, we want to know how exclusive the group is? My in-laws live just north of there and we wanted to invite them down with their 5th wheel, but they are not FR owners. They are Jayco owners. So, before I said anything to them, I didn't know if it would even be a possibility that they could join or if maybe they could just get a spot somewhere else in the park.

Thanks
__________________

__________________
2014 Rockwood Premier 2514G
2010 Ford F150 Lariat

Nights Camped in 2017-0
2016-33, 2015-22, 2014-22, 2013-2
exploreco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:17 PM   #122
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by exploreco View Post
My wife had a question she wanted me to ask. Being that we just joined and are new owners of a Rockwood pop up and not been on any FROG rallies yet, we want to know how exclusive the group is? My in-laws live just north of there and we wanted to invite them down with their 5th wheel, but they are not FR owners. They are Jayco owners. So, before I said anything to them, I didn't know if it would even be a possibility that they could join or if maybe they could just get a spot somewhere else in the park.

Thanks
I have a feeling I know the answer but I'll let the director answer as its her rally

Turbs
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:28 PM   #123
Senior Member
 
jtstromsburg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Stromsburg, Nebraska
Posts: 1,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post

I have a feeling I know the answer but I'll let the director answer as its her rally

Turbs
Bet I know the answer also, but they must know we don't take kindly to foreigners. After reading how FROG members were treated at the rally in goshen, I can only imagine the brutality that could happen...
__________________
Joel and Teresa
2016 Sabre 34TBOK
2006 GMC 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4
jtstromsburg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:40 PM   #124
Senior Member
 
exploreco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central Illiniois
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstromsburg View Post
Bet I know the answer also, but they must know we don't take kindly to foreigners. After reading how FROG members were treated at the rally in goshen, I can only imagine the brutality that could happen...
oh, I haven't read that thread yet. Will have to find it.

Well, my in laws have not been to any rallies. They just go camping. We just went to our first pop up rally this fall and loved it. They are kind of addicting. So, when we saw this one in Iowa, and my wife being from the area, we thought we probably can make it. Not sure how many pop ups will be there... Maybe I can tell them they will need to put a FR sticker over the Jayco sticker for the weekend he he.

Hey, what ever works. We do realize we belong to a FROG community now
__________________
2014 Rockwood Premier 2514G
2010 Ford F150 Lariat

Nights Camped in 2017-0
2016-33, 2015-22, 2014-22, 2013-2
exploreco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:58 PM   #125
Senior Member
 
jtstromsburg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Stromsburg, Nebraska
Posts: 1,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by exploreco View Post

oh, I haven't read that thread yet. Will have to find it.

Well, my in laws have not been to any rallies. They just go camping. We just went to our first pop up rally this fall and loved it. They are kind of addicting. So, when we saw this one in Iowa, and my wife being from the area, we thought we probably can make it. Not sure how many pop ups will be there... Maybe I can tell them they will need to put a FR sticker over the Jayco sticker for the weekend he he.

Hey, what ever works. We do realize we belong to a FROG community now
In all honesty, we've never been to a really either. looking forward to it though
__________________
Joel and Teresa
2016 Sabre 34TBOK
2006 GMC 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4
jtstromsburg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:17 PM   #126
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstromsburg View Post

In all honesty, we've never been to a really either. looking forward to it though
In for a treat with youroo and I there....


Turbs
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:28 PM   #127
Senior Member
 
jtstromsburg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Stromsburg, Nebraska
Posts: 1,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post

In for a treat with youroo and I there....


Turbs
Not too worried. I hold my own quite well. I'd tell you to ask my old friends what happens when you mess with me, but then, I doubt you could ever find them. Nobody every has yet... :O
__________________
Joel and Teresa
2016 Sabre 34TBOK
2006 GMC 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4
jtstromsburg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:37 PM   #128
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstromsburg View Post
Not too worried. I doubt you could ever find them. Nobody every has yet... :O
Well you drive a ford so thats understandable

You'll not be able to park in the elite 20 with your vehicle choice in amana but we'll still come to talk to you .
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:52 PM   #129
Senior Member
 
jtstromsburg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Stromsburg, Nebraska
Posts: 1,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post

Well you drive a ford so thats understandable

You'll not be able to park in the elite 20 with your vehicle choice in amana but we'll still come to talk to you .
Just cause I found it on the road ditch, doesn't man I'm not elite...

Wish I could afford a Chevy, but the parts Get too expensive!
__________________
Joel and Teresa
2016 Sabre 34TBOK
2006 GMC 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4
jtstromsburg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:57 AM   #130
Senior Member
 
Oakman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jefferson County, MO
Posts: 4,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by exploreco View Post
My wife had a question she wanted me to ask. Being that we just joined and are new owners of a Rockwood pop up and not been on any FROG rallies yet, we want to know how exclusive the group is? My in-laws live just north of there and we wanted to invite them down with their 5th wheel, but they are not FR owners. They are Jayco owners. So, before I said anything to them, I didn't know if it would even be a possibility that they could join or if maybe they could just get a spot somewhere else in the park.

Thanks
I'm surprised anyone with a RV built by a different manufacturer would want to come to a FROG rally. I'm sure they would "feel like a fifth wheel."

Sorry, it just had to be said.
__________________

__________________


Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 AM.