Old 06-05-2016, 09:00 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
BandJCarm,
I understand what you are saying, but I, as an American Citizen, am thankful for any and all of our US Military Members who sacrificed their time for my freedom! Thank you for your service to our country. Our US Military is a complex machine which needs ALL of it's parts to run smoothly. No matter what that job is.
This is my opinion. Thank you.
Karen
DITTO

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:41 AM   #12

Awesome! See you in Goshen.
Debbie

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 06-05-2016, 10:44 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
BandJCarm,
I understand what you are saying, but I, as an American Citizen, am thankful for any and all of our US Military Members who sacrificed their time for my freedom! Thank you for your service to our country. Our US Military is a complex machine which needs ALL of it's parts to run smoothly. No matter what that job is.
This is my opinion. Thank you.
Karen
I couldn't have said it better myself.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 09:21 AM   #14
Fireman

Send a message via AIM to dutch
Hi Iggy,

Can you tell me a little about this organization? What is it, Where is base camp at, does it cost for membership?

Thanks
US Air Force Retire SMS
dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 01:27 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch View Post
Hi Iggy,

Can you tell me a little about this organization? What is it, Where is base camp at, does it cost for membership?
Thanks
It is a national organization that has the HQ in Florida.
Now you join the national group and get lots of discounts and benefits.
Now every state has chapter ($10) you can join and usually the local chapters have Muster or campouts at a local RV campground. Usually each muster you pay for your space but they have a muster fee that covers many of the meals which are prepared by the members. They also have potlucks were the folks bring a side dish and the main course it part of the muster fees. Usually local chapters have musters on 3 day weekends once a month during good months depending upon what part of the country you are located.

The great part of a local chapter is that they usually stay at a campground within 100 miles from the main city the chapter is setup at a discount rate. As a National member ($45) you can join any musters while travelling across or around the country. See the muster schedule on the website to see 2016 musters and where they are. They also have contact information if you are in the area and want to stop by.

Lots of fun to meet folks who have similar military backgrounds and enjoy a great campout.

Now the National group puts on Caravans similar to other RV groups but the good thing is SMART is a non-profit organization and only charges what the caravan costs with no overhead to HQ.
I have been on the Canadian Maritime caravan in 2013 which was 60 day with many meals part of the fee ass well as the campground sites.
It cost me $4,350 for 2 people which is cheap as the commercial ones are 14 days and cost $3,500 per rig.

Now this is just a few of the great things the group does.

If you want to read more about the group and what chapters in each state you can use this link.
SMART Home Page

If you decide to join like Debbie did and fill out the application and mail it in please enter my ID#13125 on the application as your reference.

Here is the map of local chapters but PA seems not to have any chapter yet. By the way you can join any chapter or you can join any chapter just for the muster they have scheduled.

Thank you for asking and if I can answer any further questions please contact me here or a PM.

John

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote