Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2010, 07:11 AM   #181
Wanna Be Camper

The DW and I have been trying to fit this into our budget and timetable for next year. So put us down as a maybe but we will be late to the table reserving although we will probably throw in the reservation next month and if need be just cancel later. We have to get passports etc but that was needed anyway as we are going south of the border to get a tractor and gator in the spring anyway.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:58 AM   #182

Will be interesting to see what you come up with on this campground. Thanks
kappel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:50 AM   #183
Moderator Emeritus

John has done a excellent job in naming a spot, setting dates, and arranging the rally. He took the bull by the horns, and got it done. If someone hadn't gone on and made the decision, we would never have a rally. Location and time can not suit everybody. Thank you, John.

Missouri is probably near the center of the country, population wise. That area is probably more convenient for more forum members than a west coast or east coast rally. But I like the idea of having future yearly rallies in other areas so others can attend.....and maybe with those rallies make it more convenient for our Canandian friends by considering the NW and NE USA, or central Canada. There are many possibilities.

For now, we have a rally planned !!

BTW, there is an article on Branson in the latest Highways Magazine.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:31 AM   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnandPandra View Post
Greetings everyone. I live just outside Springfield, MO. & have camped all around Table Rock Lake, including Branson. I have seen alot of the private, C.O.E., & State Park Campgrounds around here. Haven't been to ABC campground, but have seen the negative reviews posted, and will investigate myself. You can't make everyone happy, but it should be at least a decent CG to stay at. I haven't read every page with its posts, but skipped a few pages to see what's happening with the rally lately. I can help out with activities people want to do around here. Shopping, sight-seeing, restaurants, grocery stores, or fishing spots, I'll try to give my input for what it's worth. I'm lucky to live with so many things to do around here that's around Branson.

Thank you George but we have already started the ball rolling and have selected ABC as the campground we will be using for our May 2011 rally. Many have already made reservations so no matter what you say will not change the plan. I think positive things would be helpful but negstyives will not be helpful. All campgrounds have their pros and cons. This is not a RV resort but a stopover campground for Branson MO. that tourest come and go regularly so I do not expect the Hilton is you know what I mean.

I do think you can help by finding out more about Branson MO. What is it like downtown, good shows, buying tickets, places to eat which would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
John
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:33 AM   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
John has done a excellent job in naming a spot, setting dates, and arranging the rally. He took the bull by the horns, and got it done. If someone hadn't gone on and made the decision, we would never have a rally. Location and time can not suit everybody. Thank you, John.

Missouri is probably near the center of the country, population wise. That area is probably more convenient for more forum members than a west coast or east coast rally. But I like the idea of having future yearly rallies in other areas so others can attend.....and maybe with those rallies make it more convenient for our Canandian friends by considering the NW and NE USA, or central Canada. There are many possibilities.

For now, we have a rally planned !!

BTW, there is an article on Branson in the latest Highways Magazine.

Thank you and I will look at the Good Sams Magazine about Branson.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:33 AM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSasks View Post
The DW and I have been trying to fit this into our budget and timetable for next year. So put us down as a maybe but we will be late to the table reserving although we will probably throw in the reservation next month and if need be just cancel later. We have to get passports etc but that was needed anyway as we are going south of the border to get a tractor and gator in the spring anyway.

Thank you. I have you on the maybe list

John
Old 11-10-2010, 02:36 PM   #187

Thank you All

This rally is moving forward and we are getting close to the magic number of 10 rigs.

So far we have the floowing registered.

Iggy - John & Di from Surprise AZ
3 Happy Campers - Dave & Judy from Perkasie PA
52Dodgeman - Richard & Candice from Liberty Hill TX
Itsthetwoofus- George & Peggy from Grand Ledge MI
GeorgieGirl - Ron & Carolyn from Coweta OK

I have also receive messages from a few more that are calling today but will not add them to this list until I hear from them.

If you have already made reservations and are not on this list please PM me with the following data. Thank you.

full names
address
phone number
email address

I will not publish any personal information other than what you see above.

Thanks and please keep this rally going and who know how big it may get.
At least this will be a start now who will plan the next one?
Old 11-10-2010, 03:04 PM   #188

Smile

Thanks for posting this kind of list with the names and where from. It's nice to see who we can expect to meet.

Keep up the good work John, Your to be commended.

<a href=https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:39 PM   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsthetwoofus View Post
Thanks for posting this kind of list with the names and where from. It's nice to see who we can expect to meet.

Keep up the good work John, Your to be commended.

Thanks. I thought this way we can see our progress as well as who is coming. I guess I will have to double my salary.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:06 PM   #190

Don't be so modest. Triple it!
kappel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:51 PM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappel15 View Post
Don't be so modest. Triple it!

Sounds Great!
Old 11-10-2010, 08:24 PM   #192

OK we have 6 who will be next?

Hello Everyone. UPDATE
This Rally is open to anyone who is on the Forest River Forum.

This will be a gathering of folks who have Forest River rigs. The purpose of this rally is to meet others with similar rigs and we are planning some short fellowship meetings during the day as well as a pot luck dinner. If you are able to plan this far ahead please consider joining us.
Branson Mo. Is a really great family destination with many shows and other attractions.
The weather is great in early May.

America’s Best Campground Branson Missouri
Sunday May 1, 2011, Check-in noon, 3 nights leaving Wednesday May 4, 2011
499 Buena Vista Rd, Branson, MO 65616 Phone: 800.671.4399
Daily Group price is $27.50 per day with sites 30ft wide x up to 70 ft long depending on your rig.
This is for a full hookup electric, water and sewer. They have free wifi.
So far we have 10 rigs going and 8 to 10 on the maybe list. Pets welcome.
The group price is good if you call before the end of the year and may go up in 2011

Group price per day is $27.50 (Reg $35)
Check out the campgrounds website at http://www.abc-branson.com/
Here is the Branson MO official downtown website http://www.branson.com/

You need to make reservations only with
Michelle Ward (Group Coordinator) America’s Best Campground at 1-800-671-4399
Tell her you are part of the Forest River Owners Group (FROG)

Arrival date Sunday May 1, 2011, noon check-in
3 nights (if you want to come earlier or stay later that is up to you)
Leaving Wednesday May 4, 2011

After you make your reservations please send me a PM with your full name, address, phone number as well as your direct email address so I can compile a list of who is going. I will not publish this list but will use it for us only.

I thank you all for your patience and hope this is the start of a great adventure.

If you have any questions please PM me.
John

So far we have the following registered.

lbrjet - Larry & Janice from Noblesville IN

Old 11-10-2010, 09:33 PM   #193

Hi John, I'm going to Branson this weekend to look at the campground & see which sites Michelle Ward will be grouping for the rally. And I'll check out the club house & best way(easiest) off Hwy. 65 from Springfield, MO. to get there. As far as things to do, there's too much to mention. And I'm not talking about just shows either. The Branson Landing, old Downtown Branson(right beside the Landing), Ride The Ducks, Show Boat Branson Belle, Silver Dollar City, Outlet Malls, Branson Scenic Railways, Shepard Of The Hills,Titanic Museum, White Water, etc., list goes on and on. So there is so much to do & see. Branson is located right beside Table Rock Lake, and below the dam is great trout fishing(especially fly fishing) in whats called Lake Taneycomo, which flows by the Branson Landing. By the dam is a big trout hatchery, loaded with huge trout, and literally thousands of smaller trout for lake stocking. Table Rock Lake is nationally known for its great bass fishing, and there are plenty of boat rental places. Good places to eat...well at the Branson Landing, there's Famous Daves BBQ, Shorty Smalls, Joes Crab Shack, and a floating restaurant, White River Fish House in front of a Bass Pro Shop store. I know I'm leaving several out, but I'll think of them later. Other places along the Hwy. 76 strip that are good include Montana Mikes steakhouse, Ruby Tuesday, Olive Garden, Applebys, and others. Just a note, I haven't seen Dolly Partons Dixie Stampede, but from what I've heard it has a great show, and has great food also. I've not heard any negatives yet on it, or any other shows on the strip for that matter. Showboat Branson Belle has a dinner(awesome food) & show while cruising the lake. Sorry for all the rambling, just write me any questions on what you'd like to do or see & I'll do my best to answer them. If you have never visited Missouri, the trip from Springfield to Branson has been voted by residents living in Missouri the most scenic highway in the state, year after year.
Battlefield, Missouri
F.R.O.G. Member
1st International F.R.O.G. Rally Branson Missouri
JohnandPandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:45 PM   #194

Smile

John and John, the best of the best..One site finder and one tour guide.. I think this is going to be fun.

<a href=https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:58 PM   #195

Quote:
Hi John, I'm going to Branson this weekend to look at the campground & see which sites Michelle Ward will be grouping for the rally. And I'll check out the club house & best way(easiest) off Hwy. 65 from Springfield, MO. to get there. As far as things to do, there's too much to mention. And I'm not talking about just shows either. The Branson Landing, old Downtown Branson(right beside the Landing), Ride The Ducks, Show Boat Branson Belle, Silver Dollar City, Outlet Malls, Branson Scenic Railways, Shepard Of The Hills,Titanic Museum, White Water, etc., list goes on and on. So there is so much to do & see. Branson is located right beside Table Rock Lake, and below the dam is great trout fishing(especially fly fishing) in whats called Lake Taneycomo, which flows by the Branson Landing. By the dam is a big trout hatchery, loaded with huge trout, and literally thousands of smaller trout for lake stocking. Table Rock Lake is nationally known for its great bass fishing, and there are plenty of boat rental places. Good places to eat...well at the Branson Landing, there's Famous Daves BBQ, Shorty Smalls, Joes Crab Shack, and a floating restaurant, White River Fish House in front of a Bass Pro Shop store. I know I'm leaving several out, but I'll think of them later. Other places along the Hwy. 76 strip that are good include Montana Mikes steakhouse, Ruby Tuesday, Olive Garden, Applebys, and others. Just a note, I haven't seen Dolly Partons Dixie Stampede, but from what I've heard it has a great show, and has great food also. I've not heard any negatives yet on it, or any other shows on the strip for that matter. Showboat Branson Belle has a dinner(awesome food) & show while cruising the lake. Sorry for all the rambling, just write me any questions on what you'd like to do or see & I'll do my best to answer them. If you have never visited Missouri, the trip from Springfield to Branson has been voted by residents living in Missouri the most scenic highway in the state, year after year.

WOW! Thank you very much. Looking forward to your report. I'm sure it will be helpful to everyone.

John
Old 11-11-2010, 08:48 PM   #196

Here's a link to more ABC reviews.RV Park Reviews :: Branson, Missouri ( MO ) - RV Parks and Campground Reviews
Battlefield, Missouri
F.R.O.G. Member
Old 11-11-2010, 10:55 PM   #197

Quote:

Thank you for the information. Seems that all were reasonable reviews. I also look at the dates as only one was in 2010 and the rest earlier.
I have a picture of the Trailer Life Directory about ABC in Branson. Looks like some good numbers but you can't satisfy 100% of the customers.

Thanks.
John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ABC_Branson.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	3858  
Old 11-12-2010, 11:22 AM   #198

Todays list of who is going and who is waiting.

So far we have the following registered.

lbrjet - Larry & Janice from Noblesville IN

This is the Maybe List
Pondlady
Willie
Nailit
Sarajayne32
Tentcamper1
Grhodes50
Ilovecamping
bailer6334
Danielflading
TheSasks
Daisy Boykin
Bobfidy
Grandpaofthree
mg0427
timfrazee
kappel15
YouRoo
BigRed
TenCamp1
Hipshot
Kbrown1075

If you want to be removed from the maybe list please let me know.

America’s Best Campground Branson Missouri
Sunday May 1, 2011, Check-in noon, 3 nights leaving Wednesday May 4, 2011

499 Buena Vista Rd, Branson, MO 65616 Phone: 800.671.4399
Daily Group price is $27.50 per day with sites 30ft wide x up to 70 ft long depending on your rig.
This is for a full hookup electric, water and sewer. They have free wifi.
Pets welcome.
The group price is good if you call before the end of the year and may go up in 2011 if booked after Dec 1, 2010.

Group price per day is $27.50 (Reg $35)
Check out the campgrounds website at http://www.abc-branson.com/
Here is the Branson MO official downtown website http://www.branson.com/

You need to make reservations only with
Michelle Ward (Group Coordinator) America’s Best Campground at 1-800-671-4399
Tell her you are part of the Forest River Owners Group (FROG)

Arrival date Sunday May 1, 2011, noon check-in
3 nights (if you want to come earlier or stay later that is up to you)
Leaving Wednesday May 4, 2011

After you make your reservations please send me a PM with your full name, address, phone number as well as your direct email address so I can compile a list of who is going. I will not publish this list but will use it for us only.

If you have any questions please PM me.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:23 PM   #199

Smile

Greetings John,
Just got back from ABC after checking on things. Michelle Ward only works Monday thru Friday 8-5, so I didn't catch her. I told the staff I was kind of scouting things out with a few questions. The gentleman informed me that when making reservations, Michelle needs to know what size rig you have and she will group together those in the rally as best as she can. For the most part, ABC does have average camp spots ranging from 30' to 70' with gravel driveways and concrete pads under the picnic tables. There are grill stands at each site, but no fire rings or ground fires allowed due to fire danger. Each site does has W/S/& E, sewer gaskets/elbows are required. If you do not have one, it may be purchased at their store. Cable channels are as follows: 3-CBS, 4-Lifetime movies, 5-Comedy Central, 6-TBS, 7-Oxygen, 8-USA, 9-CNBC, 10-FX, 11-Game Show Network, 12-Lifetime Network, 13-SciFi, 14-Vacation Channel, 15-RFD TV, 16-The Weather Channel, 17-Fox News, 18-Fox Movies, 19-Family Channel, 20-Animal Planet, 21-Entertainment News, 22-ABC, 23-AMC, 24-KWBN, 25-NBC, 26-KSFX, 27-Spike TV, 28-TNT, 29-History Channel, 30-ESPNU, 31-Travel Channel, 32-Golf Channel, 33-MSNBC, 34-TV Land, 35-Discovery Channel, 36-CMT, 37-History Channel. My wife & I seen some sites alittle closer together than we like. They seem to be located on the smaller sites though. I am guessing some bigger rigs also had to settle for the smaller sites to camp, due to the huge amount of Veterans visiting Branson during this week, with activities lasting through this weekend. They have a nice office/gift shop with a few camping necessities. Trash will be picked up on the side of the road in front of your rig every morning by 9:00 a.m. They do not want trash placed outside at night due to friendly night animals that can make a mess. Quiet hours 10p-7a. The staff said Michelle does catering for rallies & tries to have pancake breakfasts 2 Sundays a month. There is a building called Celebrity Station, which I'm told if enough people show up from the rally we can use as a meeting/catering place. The campground is easy to get to from Hwy. 65. My wife & I visited almost every private campground in & around Branson today, with the exception of the Table Rock State Park & C.O.E. campgrounds which we have stayed many times at each. I can tell you from what the staff members have informed me that Branson is a huge rally destination throughout the spring & summer, with nearly their entire campground being booked solid for a week or more for each rally. Crazy time starts in June(I'm told), so the 1st week in May seems to be pretty open right now. Hope this helps everyone new to Branson or ABC.
Battlefield, Missouri
F.R.O.G. Member
Old 11-13-2010, 11:04 PM   #200

Great report John and thanks.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frog