Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2011, 06:54 PM   #381

Directions around Springfield, MO.

Hi folks...Just looked at Google maps and got the straight stuff on getting around Springfield, MO when coming from the west on I44.
I could have gotten there without help but could not have told anyone how without looking.
On I44 at Exit 69...Hy 360...James River Freeway is the exit to take to go south of town and meeting up with Hy 65 going south to Branson.
Those coming from the east on I44 will want to get on Hy 65 going south on the east side of Springfield.
Hope this helps...at least does no harm. Looking forward to meeting everyone next week. We are headed that way next Thursday for a few extra days.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0019.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	5380  
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:00 PM   #382

Smile

Looks like we'll be wearing parka's and rain coats the whole week we are there and certainly the 4 days of the rally. I guess we'll have access to a bldg. of some kind so we can get out of the rain. As long as they keep the wind under control we'll still have a good time. My shinny truck and clean Cedar Creek will get a bit dirty. Bummers!!!
See you all there.
John, if you are in need of a nice park to spend a night or two in the Albuquerque area, the American RV Park just off I-40 is nice. We are here for 3 days. Drive carefully and have a great trip.

<a href=https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:16 PM   #383

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsthetwoofus View Post
Looks like we'll be wearing parka's and rain coats the whole week we are there and certainly the 4 days of the rally. I guess we'll have access to a bldg. of some kind so we can get out of the rain. As long as they keep the wind under control we'll still have a good time. My shinny truck and clean Cedar Creek will get a bit dirty. Bummers!!!
See you all there.
John, if you are in need of a nice park to spend a night or two in the Albuquerque area, the American RV Park just off I-40 is nice. We are here for 3 days. Drive carefully and have a great trip.
Yes we will bring rain gear and a jacket but no parka's.
Yes we have planned on staying at American RV Park the first night. Not sure how far we will get the second day but I think Clinton OK or if I can make it to Tinker AFB that will be good. Joplin maybe the night before Branson. It all depends on how I feel and the weather.
Most of the way we will have a tail wind so that will help mpg.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:33 PM   #384

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Yes we have planned on staying at American RV Park the first night. Not sure how far we will get the second day but I think Clinton OK or if I can make it to Tinker AFB that will be good. Joplin maybe the night before Branson. It all depends on how I feel and the weather.
Wow John, That's almost a 500 mile day. Are you driving that pretty new Ford? That's a haul even with the nice westerly tail winds we've also enjoyed getting here. Don't over work that beast getting up to Flagstaff on the I-17. As we were flying up that mountain road I seen some gas trucks struggling trying to keep the speed up. I love driving that road..up and down is a lot of fun.
This American RV Park is a nice place. We were going to spend just last night and today here and leave tomorrow, but we're going to stay another day and then head for one night in Amarillo and then a couple nights in Tulsa and then onto Branson on the 27th. We'll probably start the rainy weather on Sat in Tulsa.
Oh well, See you when you arrive.

<a href=https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:56 PM   #385

Quote:
Wow John, That's almost a 500 mile day. Are you driving that pretty new Ford? That's a haul even with the nice westerly tail winds we've also enjoyed getting here. Don't over work that beast getting up to Flagstaff on the I-17. As we were flying up that mountain road I seen some gas trucks struggling trying to keep the speed up.
No 500 miles a day. I figure 4 days on the road. I don't plan on killing myself. I'm planning a relaxing trip to Branson as well as the trip back.
If all works out we may be in on Saturday afternoon.April 30th.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:42 AM   #386

Sure hope all of you have safe travel and a great time in Branson. Sorry we couldn't make it but with our DGD still in school and also a Pom competition there is no way. We do plan on getting down there a couple of times this year if all goes as planned.
2011 Shamrock 23ss
2010 Ford F150 super cab 4 X 4
ilovecamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:47 AM   #387

Quote:
See you all there.
Don't rely on what the Weather Guessers call for, especially long range forecasts. Missouri weather is very changable and we could very easily have perfect weather for the rally. I'll be bringing my ladder golf game if anyone wants to play. I'm really looking forward to the rally.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:07 AM   #388

BTW, here's a photo of my rig. We're Bob and Joyce from Imperial, Missouri.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:37 AM   #389

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
John...Tinker AFB Famcamp is a great spot. Spaces are a little close but both times we have been there we had nothing but a GREAT time. If you have not been there before...be sure to go in the commercial gate on the south side on the base. Easy straight shot and the campground is within eyesight from the gate.
Here is a picture of us at Tinker 2 weeks ago.
DRIVE SAFE ALL.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0019.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	5385  
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:58 AM   #390

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBFIDY View Post
John...Tinker AFB Famcamp is a great spot. Spaces are a little close but both times we have been there we had nothing but a GREAT time. If you have not been there before...be sure to go in the commercial gate on the south side on the base. Easy straight shot and the campground is within eyesight from the gate.
Here is a picture of us at Tinker 2 weeks ago.
DRIVE SAFE ALL.

I spent a little USAF time at Tinker AFB and have stayed at the famcamp campground. For a one night stop over it is the best deal in town. Thanks for the gate entry info.
See you soon
Old 04-21-2011, 03:47 PM   #391

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfrazee View Post
Count me in. I just picked up my Roo 19 and I have been looking for such a meetup.

I'm in St Louis and can atest that May is a great time to visit Branson. (summer hasnt fired up yet)

I'm a total newbie to the forum and to TT camping in general.

Tim were you still considering coming to the FROG Rally in Branson?
Haven't seen your name pop up yet?
Still time.

John
Old 04-21-2011, 03:52 PM   #392

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailit View Post
The wife and I are interested, we will just keep an eye on this thread and see what happens.
Are you still considering coming to the FROG Rally in Branson?
Still time.

John
Old 04-21-2011, 03:54 PM   #393

Quote:
Originally Posted by threegr8katz View Post
sounds good to me where and when?
Are you still considering coming to the FROG Rally in Branson?
Still time.

John
Old 04-21-2011, 06:21 PM   #394

Hi folks

Just an update. well we collected our 5er on Saturday, after a few issues with ride heights and the sidewinder we were on our way a whole mile or so to the nearest campground, we survived the weather including severe storms, it was a bit loud in the night, fortunately the tornado hit celina some 40 miles away. Today we left Lakeview and arrived safely in Louisville, our first long tow, we might spend Easter here and leave Monday for the next bit.

John I will contact Branson for our reservation today since we now have internet.

See you all soon!

Nigel and Bev

2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280ws 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Diesel 2000 Honda S2000
Nigels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:05 PM   #395

Nigel and Bev
Glad to hear you both are making headway. Take your time and don't rush. Even a rainy day is beautiful. We have sunny days ordered for our FROG Rally in Branson.
Drive safely and we will see you soon.

John
Old 04-21-2011, 07:20 PM   #396

9 hours 45 minute until a well earned 2 week vacation, including spring gardening until Wednesday, then to Roaring River State Park for 4 days of trout fishing, and on Sunday the hour drive to Branson for FROG rally,
oh wait 9 Hours 35 minute now.
no phone, no kid, no work life is good

Michael
Old 04-21-2011, 07:23 PM   #397

Still tons to do in Branson even if its raining. Titanic & Ripleys' Believe It Or Not museums, Outlet Malls, Craft Malls, Branson Landing & its' shops, Old Downtown Branson, any of the plentiful music shows....goes on & on. Try the Orange Leaf soft serve icecream shop when checking out the Branson Landing. Icecream is good rain or shine!
Battlefield, Missouri
F.R.O.G. Member
1st International F.R.O.G. Rally Branson Missouri
JohnandPandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:55 PM   #398

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg0427 View Post
9 hours 45 minute until a well earned 2 week vacation, including spring gardening until Wednesday, then to Roaring River State Park for 4 days of trout fishing, and on Sunday the hour drive to Branson for FROG rally,
oh wait 9 Hours 35 minute now.
no phone, no kid, no work life is good

Michael
Tuff life isn't it.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:57 PM   #399

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnandPandra View Post
Still tons to do in Branson even if its raining. Titanic & Ripleys' Believe It Or Not museums, Outlet Malls, Craft Malls, Branson Landing & its' shops, Old Downtown Branson, any of the plentiful music shows....goes on & on. Try the Orange Leaf soft serve icecream shop when checking out the Branson Landing. Icecream is good rain or shine!
You still can make plans to join us in Branson being you live so close.
You are about 45 miles north correct.

John
Old 04-21-2011, 11:10 PM   #400

Yes, about 45 minutes out. I'd enjoy meeting everyone staying at the campground from the forum very much. Don't know yet if the schedule will allow it, but we will see. Oh,there is a fairly new shopping center you'll pass going to ABC just entering Branson city limits coming from Springfield, Missouri(off Bee Creek Road exit just before YAKOV theatre(all this will be on your right). You will probably be taking the Shepard Of The Hills Expressway/Old Downtown Exit to get to ABC. Bee Creek Road(1st exit) is actually quicker, but you'll see more (a few theaters) going to the second exit. A 24hr. Walmart(with a very good RV section including refrigerator fans), Best Buy, Home Depot, pet store, restaurants & more along with a visitor center/gas station across the street. You will be busy just trying to decide what to do much less see. Be sure to do some exploring around Branson, like driving over the dam(just outside the city limits & very easy to get to from ABC). Be sure to ask the office people about Scoops(an icecream shop located passed the dam on a scenic overlook pull off looking below the dam). Never forget your icecream stops!
Battlefield, Missouri
F.R.O.G. Member
1st International F.R.O.G. Rally Branson Missouri
JohnandPandra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frog