Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2011, 11:16 PM   #401

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnandPandra View Post
Yes, about 45 minutes out. I'd enjoy meeting everyone staying at the campground from the forum very much. Don't know yet if the schedule will allow it, but we will see. Oh,there is a fairly new shopping center you'll pass going to ABC just entering Branson city limits coming from Springfield, Missouri(off Bee Creek Road exit just before YAKOV theatre(all this will be on your right). You will probably be taking the Shepard Of The Hills Expressway/Old Downtown Exit to get to ABC. Bee Creek Road(1st exit) is actually quicker, but you'll see more (a few theaters) going to the second exit. A 24hr. Walmart(with a very good RV section including refrigerator fans), Best Buy, Home Depot, pet store, restaurants & more along with a visitor center/gas station across the street. You will be busy just trying to decide what to do much less see. Be sure to do some exploring around Branson, like driving over the dam(just outside the city limits & very easy to get to from ABC). Be sure to ask the office people about Scoops(an icecream shop located passed the dam on a scenic overlook pull off looking below the dam). Never forget your icecream stops!
Thanks for all that information. Super Walmart is all I need. Scoops ice cream passed the dam. Now I have to figure out where the dam dam is?
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:36 PM   #402

The office folks at ABC will tell & show you(they have tons of maps). Branson is not very big, but during the peak show times(going to & from) can be a hassle/slow going on Hwy. 76(The Strip). The dam is(leaving the campground) only 2 right turns & 1 left turn on hwy. 165. I'm not counting the left on Buena Vista Rd. the campgrounds' on(a few hundred yards). You will be passing by the Titanic museum, Jakes Signs, & Branson Craft Mall. Can't be over 5-6 miles away tops.
Battlefield, Missouri
F.R.O.G. Member
1st International F.R.O.G. Rally Branson Missouri
JohnandPandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 05:07 AM   #403

Vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No phone, No kid, No cares see everyone in Branson on May 1.
I should be the one nice and relaxed by then.

Michael
Old 04-22-2011, 04:31 PM   #404

Quote:
The office folks at ABC will tell & show you(they have tons of maps). Branson is not very big, but during the peak show times(going to & from) can be a hassle/slow going on Hwy. 76(The Strip). The dam is(leaving the campground) only 2 right turns & 1 left turn on hwy. 165. I'm not counting the left on Buena Vista Rd. the campgrounds' on(a few hundred yards). You will be passing by the Titanic museum, Jakes Signs, & Branson Craft Mall. Can't be over 5-6 miles away tops.
Thank Joh,
I found Table Rock Dam and the State Park. Seems like a nice little drive if the weather is good.

While we are still talking about trips can you or anyone tell me about the road south of Branson as a way back to Oklahoma City. It does look like a rural route but wanted to know if that would be any issues pulling a trailer? Just a thought on another way home. I know it will be slower and more miles but it looks very interesting.

Thanks
Old 04-23-2011, 11:13 AM   #405

John,

The road South out of Branson (65) is great except eventually you have to take 2 Lane hilly winding country roads to get to 412 at Siloam Springs. It is shorter but usually takes longer. If anyone in your party is prone to motion sickness, don't do it!
popbreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:30 AM   #406

John.....Kinda the same story about going to Branson from I40 we talked about before...You can get there it just takes longer...but a pretty ride.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:35 AM   #407

Southern Route from Branson

Thanks guys.

It was just a thought and if the weather is good and we aren't in a rush I may take it back to OK City. I like that type of road with a few small towns and much better scenery. We will wait and see.
Maybe we will take a trip to Broken Arrow on our way home.

Thanks
Old 04-23-2011, 12:28 PM   #408

I would be interested also. I live in Ohio and find a nice and very helpful and inexpensive campground is Natural Springs Resort. It is located in New Paris off Rt. 40 and I-70. They have had motor home rallies there before.
medic4550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:47 PM   #409

If you have the time after Branson, you should stay a day extra or 2 and see Eureka Springs, Arkansas. It is a very unique town with many springs, built on a hillside(old historic downtown) that I have posted a small number of pics in a album that really doesn't capture all to see.
Battlefield, Missouri
F.R.O.G. Member
Old 04-23-2011, 09:46 PM   #410

Quote:
If you have the time after Branson, you should stay a day extra or 2 and see Eureka Springs, Arkansas. It is a very unique town with many springs, built on a hillside(old historic downtown) that I have posted a small number of pics in a album that really doesn't capture all to see.
Eureka Springs x 2
Old 04-23-2011, 10:23 PM   #411

I just checked out Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Will add it to my list.
Thanks guys.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:46 PM   #412

Beaver Lake in NW Arkansas is a pretty nice camping area too John.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:33 PM   #413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Everyone,
As everyone is aware the weather in the midwest and further east has been causing havoc for everyone. We are watching the forecasts for many of the cities I must drive from Arizona. I suggest everyone should do this as we get closer to the May 1st date.

I want everyone to know that if anyone feels unsure of the weather and plans not to come that is fine with me. If I see that my route will have high winds and storms I will cancel or delay my trip to Branson and hope you will too.

I'm going to call ABC and talk about a contingency date later in May if weather becomes a major issue for most. But at this time we are holding to the schedule dates. May 1 - 4.

I will send everyone this message via your email addresses you provided me.

Please jump in and let us know your thoughts on the weather.
Will ABC be above water? Do they have high water issues? Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:31 AM   #414

No, ABC doesn't have water issues. The only campgrounds that I know of in the area that MIGHT have water issues would be COE campgrounds on the lake, and it takes some mighty high water for that to happen. Branson will be fine.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:07 AM   #415

Happy Easter

Happy Easter everyone.

Thanks for the question and the updates on the area.
I just checked the weather for May 1 -3 and it looks dry and sunny in Branson. 72 78 degrees for the highs.
Check out the 10 day forecast for Branson HERE

See you all soon.
John
Old 04-24-2011, 11:47 AM   #416

Yes, local weather says a break from the rain starting around the 27th of April(Wednesday), and get better after that. You all are going to have a great time in Branson! John if staying at Eureka Springs, check out Wanderlust Campground near The Great Passion Play. I think the best reviews around Eureka. That way if you are flexible, you can stay there and won't have to rush back for the between 45 to 1 hour trip to Branson. Trip time depends on which way you drive from Branson to Eureka Springs(also has a trolley stop at the campground). Also, Dogwood Canyon is nice if you love to ride bikes!(half-way to Eureka Springs from Branson on Hwy. 86)
Battlefield, Missouri
F.R.O.G. Member
Old 04-24-2011, 06:10 PM   #417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Happy Easter everyone.

Thanks for the question and the updates on the area.
I just checked the weather for May 1 -3 and it looks dry and sunny in Branson. 72 78 degrees for the highs.
Check out the 10 day forecast for Branson HERE

See you all soon.
John
I clicked on the Branson site and the forecast is (RAIN,Sat,Sun,Mon and Tue! Posts#415 &416 say something different. I checked at 7:08 pm on4/24/2011 Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:52 PM   #418

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
I clicked on the Branson site and the forecast is (RAIN,Sat,Sun,Mon and Tue! Posts#415 &416 say something different. I checked at 7:08 pm on4/24/2011 Youroo!!
It seems it is changing by the minute.
We will still have a great time no matter what.
John
Old 04-24-2011, 08:45 PM   #419

We are getting rain here & Branson from a stalled front. Its supposed to be moving out Tuesday/Wednesday time period. After that, maybe a chance of rain here and there. Nothing like it is now. If a possible rain forecast would keep you away from Branson, you've never been to Branson. Shows are inside, shopping is inside, museums and craft malls inside, goes on and on. Fountains & fireshow at the Branson Landing go on no matter what... and thats free! Oh, by the way....we just got back from camping in the rain this weekend, and it was still fun!
Battlefield, Missouri
F.R.O.G. Member
Old 04-24-2011, 09:13 PM   #420

"Fountains & fireshow at the Branson Landing"
Please tell us more..

Being you are south of Springfield MO on the bypass, what is a good place to fillup on gas? I heard SAM's club is cheap.

Tags
frog