Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2011, 10:33 PM   #421

Yes, Sams Club is right off the Campbell Street exit(to the right). Traveling east from I-44 on Hwy. 360(James River Freeway), its probably around 8 or 9 miles off I-44. Easy on/off for a fill up. Or if you want to stay on I-44 eastbound to Hwy. 65 southbound to Branson, take the Kearney Street exit (first one) then going left. Its a Kum & Go convenience store thats also a truck stop is very good too. If you don't want to stop, Branson has several right by where you will be at. Park the trailer & the gas stations in town will be alittle cheaper(ask your camphosts) than the ones by the highway.
Going back to the Branson Landing, where the fountains & fireshow are located is right in the middle of the Landing. Parking is at either end and a free trolley that runs all the way front one end to the other runs constantly to help out shoppers. Now, the cool thing that happens is at the Fountains there can be anything from music, to demonstrations, to show previews. Last fall we caught some acrobats performing from The Legend Of Kung Fu show. That was amazing & we wished we could have caught the show. Performers change all the time and off course, is weather permitting. I recommend Famous Daves Barbeque, followed by icecream at Orange Leaf. If you are in really good shape, you can walk to Old Downtown Branson just up the hill.
Battlefield, Missouri
F.R.O.G. Member
1st International F.R.O.G. Rally Branson Missouri
JohnandPandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:11 PM   #422

Again JohnandPandra some great information for the first timers like me.
It looks like I may add a few days before or after so we can see as much as we can.
Thanks again for your assitance.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:31 AM   #423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
"Fountains & fireshow at the Branson Landing"
Please tell us more..

Being you are south of Springfield MO on the bypass, what is a good place to fillup on gas? I heard SAM's club is cheap.
The Fire and Fountain display is really good. The fountain is in the middle of The Landing and right along Lake Taneycomo. During the day, every hour on the hour, the fountain is transformed from a meek little water fountain into an excellent display of fire and water exploding into the air and timed with the music that is being played. The last display of the evening is accompanied by the Stars Spangled Banner.
Here’s a photo I took of the fountain during one of the displays.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:53 PM   #424

Hi there, we made it, just setting up, and will check out Branson tomorrow, there are plenty of great deals on the shows, handed to us at reception, this looks like a great place. Looking forward to you guys arriving.

See ya soon.

Nigel and Bev

2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280ws 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Diesel 2000 Honda S2000
Nigels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:09 PM   #425

April 28th & 29th(Thursday & Friday) are supposed to be sunny. Chance of rain late Saturday afternoon & a chance on Sunday. Should have some good days after that(from local weather forecast Wed. evening 4/26). I'm sure everyone is bringing their cameras as there is going to be some high water along Lake Taneycomo, which is the waters(which looks more like a river than lake)below Table Rock Dam. This will be affecting the Branson Landing(mainly parking lots), but thats it. Local news station reporting some shops are still open, some closed. It's only a fraction of the shopping places around Branson. Don't know about the fountains in the middle. Branson city campground is closed, but don't worry about ABC. Its up high on the hill with no issues. Table Rock Dam has all flood gates open now. Really a sight to see and photograph because its not very often the Corp Of Engineers ever open them(flood gates), but because of the heavy rains of the stalled front over several days, it raised lake levels to its highest ever. Rest of Branson is business as usual, but even for us locals we don't see this hardly at all. Last time heavy rain & a stalled front happened was the spring of 2008. Ask the Camp hosts working at ABC where the best views of the dam & flooding is. Should be where Scoops & the over-look is located just passed Table Rock State Park Campground & Marina. Safe travels everyone!!!!!!!
Battlefield, Missouri
F.R.O.G. Member
Old 04-27-2011, 07:20 PM   #426

Nigel.......We are loaded up and will be leaving Tulsa, Ok area in the morning. We should be in there by 3:00 tomorrow. We will be looking for you.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:13 PM   #427

Hi All.
We are making our way to Branson. We are in Amarillo Texas tonight and will be in Tulsa OK tomorrow night (Thursday) and should be at the ABC by noon on Friday.
Glad to see everyone is making their way to the FROG Rally safely.
See you all soon.

John
Old 04-27-2011, 08:26 PM   #428

Nigel and Bev got here about the same time we did, We got to meet each other and they are really a nice couple. We started setting up and putting the inside together and then dinner time came and here we are setting as it gets dark out. Pooped tired & cold. Today is the first day since last Nov that I had to wear long pants and shoes, it's cold here and boy did it rain as we came into the Ozark monitions. By the time we pulled into the ABC park it cleared up and stopped raining, that's always nice as we needed to get set up.
Hope to get a good nights rest and see the sights tomorrow.

<a href=https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:25 PM   #429

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsthetwoofus View Post
Nigel and Bev got here about the same time we did, We got to meet each other and they are really a nice couple. We started setting up and putting the inside together and then dinner time came and here we are setting as it gets dark out. Pooped tired & cold. Today is the first day since last Nov that I had to wear long pants and shoes, it's cold here and boy did it rain as we came into the Ozark monitions. By the time we pulled into the ABC park it cleared up and stopped raining, that's always nice as we needed to get set up.
Hope to get a good nights rest and see the sights tomorrow.
Great to hear you made it safely. I was just thinking about propane for heater. I may need to find a place to fill one bottle. Hopefully I will get my bottle filled before ABC.
Oh just got an email from Randy & Geogia from Omaha Nebraska joining us.
The numbers are changing each day so we won't know how many will make it until Sunday.

Take care and drive safely everyone.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:03 PM   #430

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Great to hear you made it safely. I was just thinking about propane for heater. I may need to find a place to fill one bottle. Hopefully I will get my bottle filled before ABC.
Oh just got an email from Randy & Geogia from Omaha Nebraska joining us.
The numbers are changing each day so we won't know how many will make it until Sunday.

Take care and drive safely everyone.
Hey John, Warrior RV Park in Tulsa has Propane. I think you said you were staying there, right?
Ahh two more from Omaha, that's cool.
Coming in here today up and down these Mtn's really bigons too it was pouring rain and that Ford does such a nice job of pulling up the hills and backing down on the down hill side I was just popping along at 65 MPH and I passed Nigels and Bev not knowing it was them. Just love this 250 and that Cedar Creek, it's like they were made for each other.
Drive careful John, see you when you get here.

<a href=https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Old 04-27-2011, 10:20 PM   #431

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
Post - up some pictures of the Table-Rock Dam with all the flood gates open, must be a site to see.........Thanks to anyone that can put some (pictures) up !!

David & Annamarie & 2-Pugs (Fatty and Harley)
2011 Rockwood Windjammer 3065
2011 Ford F-250 6.2- V8
2011 Hensley Arrow "NO-SWAY" Hitch
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:31 PM   #432

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
Post - up some pictures of the Table-Rock Dam with all the flood gates open, must be a site to see.........Thanks to anyone that can put some (pictures) up !!
I'll see what we can get tomorrow for you..

Old 04-27-2011, 10:50 PM   #433

We sure would have loved to join all of you but couldn't since school isn't out yet. I am enjoying just reading what is happening from all of you. Hope you all have a great time. Branson is a great place, we usually go twice a year.
2011 Shamrock 23ss
2010 Ford F150 super cab 4 X 4
ilovecamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:48 AM   #434

If you'd like to see pics right now, click on the local television station website KY3.com, they have stories and more pics of area flooding in and around Branson. I'd love to meet everyone coming, but don't know if its in the cards. We are slammed at work, & short-handed as is. Maybe Sunday if all works out. Lake levels supposed to be managable by hopefully Saturday at the earliest in case they get a few more inches of rain this weekend.
Battlefield, Missouri
F.R.O.G. Member
Old 04-28-2011, 03:38 PM   #435

Well...a good tail wind and we got here from the Tulsa area. All set up in 112.
Going for a ride to check out the area and get some supper.
See you all real soon.

BOB
Old 04-28-2011, 03:52 PM   #436

Hope everyone has a great time. Don't forget to post some pics of the Rally!
Sorry we couldn't join you.
Enjoy!

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:01 PM   #437

We're going to take advantage of the break in the weather and come in tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:05 PM   #438

Hi y'all,
Richard and Candice checking in to the forum. We've been on the road since April 15 visiting areas in East Tennessee. We're in a beautful TN state park called Montgomery Bell just west of Nashville. Will be here a couple of days, then work our way to Branson arriving the afternoon of May 1st. Looking forward to meeting everyone then.
1957 Dodge D100, 315 Poly
Liberty Hill, TX
52Dodgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:34 PM   #439

Pics of a DAM site

Pics of Table Rock Dam near Branson today. First time EVER all 10 gates have been opened at the same time. They have had 12" to 15" + in the last 7 to 10 days.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP5056.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	5491   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0039.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	5492  
Old 04-28-2011, 10:24 PM   #440

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
Here's some of the visitors center and below the dam.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...k/IMG_7987.jpg

Short video-- The visitor center @ Table Rock Dam Branson Mo video by gjueckstock - Photobucket

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...k/IMG_7946.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...k/IMG_7937.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...k/P4287063.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...k/P4287060.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...k/P4287006.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...k/P4287003.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...k/P4286886.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...k/P4286878.jpg

Tags
frog