Old 05-04-2011, 11:40 PM   #501

Well we found a really nice place next to a pond in Salina Kansas so we can soak our tired webbed feet, we had to give up, into a head wind which reduced our mpgs from 12 to 8.9

John I will let you have your shifter back next year, sorry I did not see you to hand it back, you left so early, thanks for the loan!

We are feeling a bit sad its very quiet here on this campsite without all the banter, laughter and croaking! Miss you guys!

Still I have the "accent" (Bev) to entertain me and we have just finished off the recycled tires for dinner, mmmmm very nice!

No misshaps today except the steps unfolded, we were assisted by a very kind gentleman in a police car, and a thumbs up from him and we were on are way.

2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280ws
2011 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Diesel
http://www.algarvevillaforrent.com
Nigels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:09 AM   #502

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
From tadpoles to full grown------

Even tho we were not able to make the "FROG" gathering in Branson this go around (next time maybe). It is good to see from the POST that all the
"TADPOLES" have now become full grown "FROGS" on the big pond of Forest River Owners of some of the best RV's made.

It makes me proud to be assoiated with such a fine bunch of owners of "Forest River " products, where it be a "POP-UP" or a full blown "MOTOR COACH". The 'MIXING POT" of RV owners is a great "FAMILY" !

Hope all make it to your next destination safe.

BOLIY PRO 3600SI GEN
DAYS CAMPED 2016 74 DAYS
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:35 AM   #503

Nigel we hit the head wind going west (20-30 mph) and made it to Clinton OK for the night. Our mpg also dropped to 8.5 mph with my gasser. I was ready to setup in the Walmart shopping center but luckily we found a nice little park got $27 for the night. It was well protected from the wind.

I'm guessing we should be home by Saturday afternoon. The full trip for us will be about 2,900 miles.

Ok George on the 2012 meeting and we can finish the Phase 10 game Peg.

John

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:50 AM   #504

Frog rally #1

Well.....it bordered on a love fest...not quite.....but close.
The Rally was a total success as far as Nancy and I were concerned
We learned about "plots", hot water heater bypass valves, air issues in tires, axel/frame issues, and alsoi learned I must not be red necked enough to play red neck golf...LOLOL
Thanks first to IGGY for a GREAT job in getting the whole deal planned and pulled off with little or no issues, second for Joyce for getting the Dolly Partin show set up, third for EVERYONE for all the SUPER pot luck dishs on Tuesday night, forth and most important for ALL of the folks that showed up. 14 rigs and we ALL got along so well...Not sure that would be possible with any other 14 rigs.
We missed our connection with the Kansas City folks so went north ourselves and got to Basswood RV Resort just north of Kansas City about 3:00 and are set up here until Sunday. Great campground...BUT...By the time we leave Sunday we will be able to quote the arrival schedule at Kansas City airport. We are directly under the approach of ALL the planes. O WELL...we still will enjoy it and will be headed home to Broken Arrow on Sunday.
Almost forgot...HUGE FROG THANKS TO ABC CAMPGROUND for all they did for us during our time there.

Travel safe all...till we croak again.......

BOB and NANCY
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:15 PM   #505

F.R.O.G Rally Mascot Carson

Our newest camping buddy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP5117.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	5618  
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:08 PM   #506

Joyce and I have made it back to our home in Imperial MO. We thought the trip back was uneventful until we opened the trailer door and discovered our crock pot on the floor. On the way down from the overhead cabinet the pot made a nasty gash in the kitchen counter top. That was a first, we've had that crock pot with us for years and it has traveled thousands of road miles with us and it always stayed put. The pot must have come out of the cabinet when we encountered a big jolt while traveling through road construction on I-44.

Here's a thought for a rally for next year, Colorado Springs, CO.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:31 PM   #507

white chili

Hi Joyce. That was the first time we ever had white chili. I sure hope that broken crock pot doesn't mean it will be the last. By the way we are leaving Branson for home in the morning so I hope we don't have any unforseen incidents either. Looking forward to seeing you again, the sooner the better. Old Guys
Old 05-05-2011, 10:11 PM   #508

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Here's a thought for a rally for next year, Colorado Springs, CO.
Happy to hear you guys made it home safely, Sorry to hear of the crock pot crack up and the scared counter. That stinks to say the least.
Colorado Springs sounds pretty neat. Is it warming up there around May?

<a href=http://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>http://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:22 PM   #509

Smile We're home!

We got home today after gaining another hour in our day..We got here at 4:00 EST and yes the lawn needs mowing and all those other chores I lived without while in AZ were waiting for me. IS IT TIME TO LOAD UP AND HEAD WEST YET?? Peggy keeps telling me no and when I stopped for fuel today I kept trying to go South instead of North and West instead of East and I couldn't pull it off. BUMMERS!!
I'll make the best of it and hit the road again soon following Thanksgiving....sooner if I could.

Anyone want to buy a real nice house in Mi with a pool and 6 grandkids??

<a href=http://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>http://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:59 PM   #510

We made it home in record time. (3 days) All is well and I'm jumping in the pool this evening. Sunshine, blue sky, 90 degrees and no grass to cut.

I will send out an email next week with all of our information and I should have the pictures posted on photobucket.com

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frog