Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2010, 08:56 AM   #141
Moderator Emeritus

Both look to be close quarters.

ABC has ~150 sites, vs. ~50 at the Stagecoach. If this rally gets big, that could be a problem with Stagecoach. John has done excellent job getting this ball rolling, and Gary has added to that with his alternative campground.

Thanks Guys.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:14 AM   #142

Smile

For those of us who have had big 48 foot semi trailers chasing us for most of our lives and have decided to do the same with a 5th wheel in retirement and buy these great big monsters that just fit under a 13'6" overpass and take a walmart parking lot to turn around in will just have to do the best we can with what we get.
Iggy is checking with ABC today to make sure they can accommodate us rather large units. If so we plain on making it a go on our way home from our winter stay in Casa Grande AZ.
How about this for an interesting question. This is my first Diesel, Why has the prices of diesel gone to 3.22 just 3 weeks before departure??

<a href=https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:12 AM   #143

[QUOTE=Itsthetwoofus;70421]For those of us who have had big 48 foot semi trailers chasing us for most of our lives and have decided to do the same with a 5th wheel in retirement and buy these great big monsters that just fit under a 13'6" overpass and take a walmart parking lot to turn around in will just have to do the best we can with what we get.
Iggy is checking with ABC today to make sure they can accommodate us rather large units. If so we plain on making it a go on our way home from our winter stay in Casa Grande AZ.
How about this for an interesting question. This is my first Diesel, Why has the prices of diesel gone to 3.22 just 3 weeks before departure??[/QUOTE]

....Probably cuz they know you are planning on leaving !!

...VTX-AL
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:27 AM   #144

Smile

Ya VTX AL, must be big brother watching...

<a href=https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:37 AM   #145

UPDATE - 2011 Forest River Owners Group Rally May 1, 2011

Hello Everyone.
This Rally is open to anyone who is on the Forest River Forum.

Branson Mo. Sunday May 1, 2011 3 nights leaving Wednesday May 4, 2011
America’s Best Campground.
499 Buena Vista Rd, Branson, MO 65616 Phone: 800.671.4399

I just got off the phone with Michelle Ward the Group Coordinator for

I asked her the following questions.
1. Someone said; that you have sites that only have 5 ft between trailers. Is this true?
Answer: All our sites are 30 foot wide and 30 to 70 foot long. Every site has a grassy area.

2. How far is the downtown strip?
Answer: 2-4 miles depending on which end of the strip you need to go.

3. Do you have a free shuttle?
Answer: All the local shuttles charge.

4. Do you have free wifi?
Answer: Yes

With these answers I have made my reservation. I was charged one day to hold my space. It was $35 on my CC. They take all CC except American Express. Discounts will be taken care of when we arrive, Group, Good Sam’s, Military, etc.

I was given Site 94 being it has a large grassy area for our gatherings. Your sites will be in and around this site if you reserve now but it also depends on your rigs total length.

I’m committed and hope you can make your reservation by Dec 1st. If you are unable to then please make it as soon as you know for sure. If you have to wait, you get the luck of the draw. Either way you know where we will be.

CALL IN YOUR RESERVATIONS
Michelle Ward at America’s Best Campground at 1-800-671-4399
Tell her you are from the Forest River Owners Group (FROG)
Arrival date Sunday May 1, 2010, noon check-in
3 nights (if you want to come earlier or stay later that is up to you)
Leaving Wednesday May 4, 2011
If we get 10 or more rigs making reservations we get some additional benifits like using their clubhouse for free.

NOTE:
After you make your reservations please send me a PM with your full name, address, phone number as well as your direct email address so I can compile a list of who is going. I will not publish this list but will use it for us only.

I thank you all for your patience and hope this is the start of a great adventure.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:02 PM   #146

Stage Coach advertises 32x70 sites.
kappel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:26 PM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappel15 View Post
Stage Coach advertises 32x70 sites.
Thank you kappel15 for the information. I made the final decision to go with the America's Best Campground and we already have 3 people who have made reservations just today.

I will let everyone know if we make it to 10 rigs or more which would be great.

John
Old 11-08-2010, 05:36 PM   #148

Frog

It was mentioned that our group should be
Forest River Owners Group (FROG)
If anyone is good at computer graphic art it would be nice to have a picture and the name so we can print a copy out and have them to put on our trailers when we are in the campground.

I have attached a really simple one but I'd like to see what someone else can do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	frog001.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	3830  
Old 11-08-2010, 05:58 PM   #149

someone had posted that their cable wasn't much, and that the wifi was iffy? any more skuttlebutt on that info?
Old 11-08-2010, 06:12 PM   #150

Quote:
someone had posted that their cable wasn't much, and that the wifi was iffy? any more skuttlebutt on that info?

Unless it’s raining/pouring the entire time I don’t even expect to hook up the cable.
3 Happy Campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:14 PM   #151
Jan Goldfield

I was told that cable was snowy and useless but I never tried it, so can't speak from experience. Wifi was heavily censored with all photo sites blocked, youtube blocked and Facebook until I complained. I was told that NO censorship was done EVER. They telleth not the truth.
The photo storage sites like photobucket, flickr et al we blocked as was Youtube while we were there - second week in October 2010. As much as we would love to meet all of you, we will not return.
And all the thumping kept me awake at night.

2009 Cherokee Grey Wolf 28BH
2009 Ford 150
pondlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:21 PM   #152

Wifes gotta have her tv. Did Iggy get the lettered hill sites?
Old 11-08-2010, 07:12 PM   #153

Quote:
Wifes gotta have her tv. Did Iggy get the lettered hill sites?
Thanks for reminding me about the hill sites.
The map of the campgrounds make the hill sites look much bigger. They are not and the map designer didn't use the same proportion as the other sites. They are the same width as all the others. If you want to get a particualr site just tell Michelle.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:05 PM   #154

Thanks for staying on top of things Iggy. You've put alot of work into this project.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:51 PM   #155

Quote:
Thanks for staying on top of things Iggy. You've put alot of work into this project.
Thank you for your kind words. I'm feel confident that no matter what this rally will make it to Branson. I figure it will be a great 3 days to meet and make new friends from all over the US and Canada. Have afew drinks, enjoy telling our trailer stories and maybe hit a show or two downtown.

My only problem will be after it is all over should I head home or head in another direction.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:23 PM   #156

That's a problem? It's a no brainer! lol
Old 11-08-2010, 09:39 PM   #157

John,
Travelling together sounds great. We generally like to travel between 300-400 miles per day (sometimes shorter depending on road conditions). If this is O.K. with you, than as we get closer we can finalize the details. According to Streets & Trips from Prescott, AZ to Branson, MO its 1292.8 miles without side trips.
bailer6334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:42 PM   #158

Can't say if we will be able to come but am thinking probably not. We help with our DGD's and school will still be in so I am not sure it would work. Will let you know if it does. Wifi where we camp in Branson is limited and you can't get on any type of gaming sites like facebook or even the kids sites like buildabear.
2011 Shamrock 23ss
2010 Ford F150 super cab 4 X 4
ilovecamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:07 PM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailer6334 View Post
John,
Travelling together sounds great. We generally like to travel between 300-400 miles per day (sometimes shorter depending on road conditions). If this is O.K. with you, than as we get closer we can finalize the details. According to Streets & Trips from Prescott, AZ to Branson, MO its 1292.8 miles without side trips.
Let us keep each other posted as we get closer. We like to enjoy the ride and don't need to stress ourselves out. The only problem is that the first day for me is a bit long because we try to make the New Mexico board or Albaqurque the first night. You know any place you have used in the past around the border? We do have over 6 months before we leave.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:09 PM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovecamping View Post
Can't say if we will be able to come but am thinking probably not. We help with our DGD's and school will still be in so I am not sure it would work. Will let you know if it does. Wifi where we camp in Branson is limited and you can't get on any type of gaming sites like facebook or even the kids sites like buildabear.
I will keep you on the maybe list just in case you change your mind.
Thanks
John

Tags
frog