Old 03-13-2018, 09:56 AM   #351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
I would totally convert to Amish if I could eat like that every night.

Tim
Cowracer I think the" Brown Bag Tour" is Not the same as the "Guys outside of a Liquor Store drinking from Brown Bags"! Youroo!!

Old 03-13-2018, 10:01 AM   #352

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
The Amish Brown Bag Tour with its Amish Wedding Feast Lunch is our most popular tour every year. We'll be sending out four buses -- two on Tuesday and two on Thursday -- again this year, over 200 people in total.

We always do this one on days when we don't serve dinner. Believe me, after the Wedding Feast, you won't need dinner!
True Story.........

When we were at Amish Family RV last year, we went back day after day until Orvan finally found all the issues (Bless him!). It's about 2 miles (?) south of the Topeka plant. We went south on 6, I think, then cut across 2 miles of back road. It was easier. There are about 3 houses on that backroad.

One day there was a huge tent in the field next to one of the houses. Of course, Orvan starts about 6 a.m. so it was barely daylight. There were already dozens of buggies tied up, horses tethered. Many more were passed on side of road. ALL had on their Sunday best black. Quite the spectacle.

When we left at lunch to head to town, more were there. There were more there than I'd have thought could possibly live in that county!! I feared Orvan would stop work and attend. I ASSUMED it was a funeral. It just had that feel.

Later in the day we asked Orvan what it was. He said A WEDDING!

WOW!

He said it lasts all day. They eat several times, 'have church' as he said, again several times, have the actual wedding around noon, have the Amish equivalent of a party later that afternoon, etc. It's a massive ordeal!

Made me realize how much importance they attach to a marriage.

Also made me think that it's good those folks settled in northern Indiana. If they tried dressing like that where I live, they'd cook inside their clothes!!

But they like good food. COMFORT food.......

I'd have loved to have been invited to that wedding!

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:28 AM   #353

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
The Amish Brown Bag Tour with its Amish Wedding Feast Lunch is our most popular tour every year. We'll be sending out four buses -- two on Tuesday and two on Thursday -- again this year, over 200 people in total.

We always do this one on days when we don't serve dinner. Believe me, after the Wedding Feast, you won't need dinner!
When Val and took the Brown Bag Tour, we found the guide, who was an Amish lady, to add so much to the tour. She told us not to be afraid to ask question as long as they weren’t too personal. Questions were asked about clothing, weddings, funerals, how they celebrate holidays and even their dating rituals and a hundred more topics. One tidbit of information she told us was about the beautiful vegetable gardens you see in their front yards. She explained, “Those that keep a weed-less “show garden” have them in the front yard....the rest of us keep them in back yard!”

John
4WD SRW Diesel
JohnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:39 AM   #354
DDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Cowracer I think the" Brown Bag Tour" is Not the same as the "Guys outside of a Liquor Store drinking from Brown Bags"! Youroo!!
Good observation youroo, you have obviously been there
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 11:07 AM   #355

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
Good observation youroo, you have obviously been there
He is there daily, they know him by name, and give him a push basket when he arrives, true story, I have been there the same time ONCE.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 11:45 AM   #356

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
He is there daily, they know him by name, and give him a push basket when he arrives, true story, I have been there the same time ONCE.
Hey the truth is they tell me to back up to the front door and "Drop the Tailgate"! If you think "Case Price" is good you should check out "Truck Load Price"! If they would let me use the "Spur Track" at the Fairgrounds I could get "Train Load Bulk Rate"! Youroo!!
Old 03-13-2018, 01:01 PM   #357

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Hey the truth is they tell me to back up to the front door and "Drop the Tailgate"! If you think "Case Price" is good you should check out "Truck Load Price"! If they would let me use the "Spur Track" at the Fairgrounds I could get "Train Load Bulk Rate"! Youroo!!

Have you looked into the “barge rate” at the tadpole rally?
4WD SRW Diesel
JohnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:43 PM   #358

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
Have you looked into the “barge rate” at the Tadpole rally?
No ,but the Liquor Store Manager at the Lawrenceburg,IN Krogers is giving us a complex when we stop for Supplies,He yells,"Tadpole Time"! Youroo!!
Old 03-13-2018, 09:56 PM   #359

I think I remember seeing some Brown bags laying around the Tiki Hut passing by once upon a time
Amateur Radio W5CI 2017 Days Camping 77
2018 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 05:56 PM   #360
Adult Member

How close together are the campers at Goshen? Are you able to have your awning open? My husband is a disabled vet. He likes to sit out talking to everyone. We hope to attend this rally for the first time.

punkinpie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frog