Old 09-04-2016, 03:39 AM   #21
Site Team

School schedules can vary in different areas. I work at a high school and our school year started around 10th and will end a couple of days into June.

There's consideration of various factors that goes into planning the big rally. For me the August date range will not work but I do understand. Maybe some day they will change the start of the school year back to after Labor Day but I'm not going to count on it.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 06:23 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
School schedules can vary in different areas. I work at a high school and our school year started around 10th and will end a couple of days into June.

There's consideration of various factors that goes into planning the big rally. For me the August date range will not work but I do understand. Maybe some day they will change the start of the school year back to after Labor Day but I'm not going to count on it.
You know when I grew up it was always started after Labor Day, Terier why did they make that change, families lose almost a month of summer to spend with there kids, I never understood that..

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 07:37 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
So what about May or June? Does the 2017 rally HAVE to follow the county fair??? June would help those folks that had to miss the 2016 rally due to kids school schedules.
Just wondering............
The Entire Timing for the Rally is Based Solely on Mike Stumps "FREE Sweet Corn" being ready to Harvest to GIVE to the FROG Rally! From now on address all Requested "Date Info" to Mr Mike! Youroo!!
Old 09-04-2016, 10:56 AM   #24

2017 FROG Rally

2nd time attendees, us, learned the HARD WAY this year!!
Do NOT FORGET GOOD RAIN GEAR AND LOW TOP BOOTS!!

We were on track infield this year and YIKES, getting x that track was horrible. Trams were full because of mud and heavy rain.

Walking is not bad IF YOU HAVE GOOD WEATHER!!

This year seemed it rained every day!!

Just remember scout motto: " be prepared"
Old 09-04-2016, 03:00 PM   #25

2017 frog

The dates I got from the fairgrounds were August 6 thru 11, 2017
Old 09-04-2016, 05:18 PM   #26
Director, FROG

Dates for the 2017 FROG Rally will be August 6-12 at the Elkhart County Fairgrounds in Goshen, IN.

This is not the week we'd prefer to have, but that week has already been booked for an activity since four years ago. This means that, as has been the case until this year, the fairgrounds staff will have to begin laying out electric and water lines the day after the fair ends. That week will also be needed for tearing down carnival rides and tents, setting up buildings for dinners and vendors, mowing grass, re-locating tables and chairs from other areas of the fairgrounds, and much more. We'll be coming in with parking and registration crew that week as well.

Early arrivals well be severely limited that week. For those who called to arrive on Wednesday and decided to show up on Monday because they just happened to be in the area, they'll be politely(?) turned away. I'll be meeting with the fair staff again to see whether we can allow early arrivals on Wednesday or whether we need to allow another day for setup. (Early parking helps to relieve the crunch on the weekend, but limits setup time for the staff fairgrounds staff.)

For those who have asked about moving to other months, this is the ONLY week available on the entire calendar of the fairgrounds. There are two times that we could run from mid-week to mid-week, but that creates several problems, such as taking away weekends for travel time; having the event run across a Sunday when none of the Amish managers and technicians would be available to work; introducing holiday hours and requiring staff to give up their holiday weekend; and more.

The entire month of July is blacked out on the fairgrounds' calendar for fair preparations and the fair itself.

Registration will likely open around the first week of April again next year. We'll be working on possible methods to avoid having all of the reservations fill up again in the first couple of days, and will be announcing something on that after the first of the year.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 05:23 PM   #27

Thanks for all your efforts.

We'll come when it opens, and leave when it closes, if we get lucky. And we'll park wherever you tell us to park. And we'll eat whatever we can. And we'll get fixed whatever they'll let us get fixed. And we'll meet more neat folks. And we'll probably buy stuff from vendors that we don't really need. And we'll eat ice cream.

That's what we'll do.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 05:25 PM   #28
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Thanks for all your efforts.

We'll come when it opens, and leave when it closes, if we get lucky. And we'll park wherever you tell us to park. And we'll eat whatever we can. And we'll get fixed whatever they'll let us get fixed. And we'll meet more neat folks. And we'll probably buy stuff from vendors that we don't really need. And we'll eat ice cream.

That's what we'll do.
Sounds like a great plan to me!

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 09-04-2016, 11:00 PM   #29

Can I ask two questions?

What is approximate cost for two people? How much additional is normally spent?

I read there will be 800 units arriving there. Will this overload Rv parks on the routes into and away from the Talleyrand? Remember August is prime travel time for parks. Do you also need to make Rv park reservations on your route?
Old 09-05-2016, 12:45 AM   #30
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICKDOE View Post
Can I ask two questions?

What is approximate cost for two people? How much additional is normally spent?

I read there will be 800 units arriving there. Will this overload Rv parks on the routes into and away from the Talleyrand? Remember August is prime travel time for parks. Do you also need to make Rv park reservations on your route?
Chickdoe, we haven't yet priced the 2017 FROG Rally. This year's cost was $475 for two adults in an RV, $350 for one adult in an RV. For a description of what was included, you can go to Forest River Owners Group - The official owner's group of Forest River RV, manufacturer of world-class recreational vehicles..

We had about 800 RVs here this year, but, given that they represented over 40 states and provinces, I don't see that they have that much of an impact on RV parks along the way.

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com

Tags
frog