Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2014, 08:36 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maron View Post
Hi Cheezepack,
Actually it wasn't that difficult to create all that havoc with our new unit. All I had to do was not pay attention to what I was doing. The rear stab...I lifted the front end while the rear was down...the scratches, handle, and awning supports were almost torn off when I vacated a campground and got to close to a 10 yard garbage container with those big handles on the side.
There were other issues like the bottom falling off on our way to Phoenix and the side crank out window almost falling off when it came off the track but...what the heck, one has to have some interesting experiences with their first towable.
But most importantly, my wife, the dogs and I love it. We have camped out at least 120 nights sine 2/6/14 and will leave for Phoenix right after Christmas...snow permitting.
Lol. Well thankfully No one was hurt in the incidents - that's really all that counts in the end . Safe future travels!

FRF & FROG member
Rallies 12 & 13, Cherry Blossom 13, Branson 13... More to come!
CheezPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 06:22 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
Glad to have met all of you as well in the neighbourhood. Again a list too long to forget but being close neighbours too Lou and Laura, Neil and Frankie, dumpster diving with Youroo were certainly tops. Beer tasting with the Phrogs Turbs, dblr, Aquaman, RV Chick et el was a blast. Mod discussions with OC, Herk, Forbes (who I find out is also a broadcast engineer as well) was fun. So many people to say hi too along the camping road!

We used bikes to get around but were fortunate to be closer to event than some other sites.

Dogs seem to break down barriers at the rally and more people start talking about things because of them. In fact one person (Beth) wanted to take ours home! Ha ha.

We had a crew of hard working amish techs working on our unit. They put axle lift kit on which performed flawlessly on the way home, towing level and all TT tires the same load. They also changed the slide slippers, fixed a rear metal skirt that i had bent, changed LED lights that were recalled for TV reception issues.

Cheers

Brian and Bette and Zoe
Brian
What did it take to do the axle lift?
Did they charge you?
I was thinking of doing something like that to level out when hooked up

Thanks
Jason

2013 F350 SB,CC Lariat Ruby Red,3.73Gears,5Star Tuned,,Line-X Bed,Extang Platinum Cover,Airlift LoadLifter 5000 Bags,Airlift Wireless Air controller,Reese Signature Series Fifth Wheel Rail Kit,B&W Fifth Wheel Hitch,2014 Flagstaff 8528BHWS
thetiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 09:47 PM   #23

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetiler View Post
Brian
What did it take to do the axle lift?
Did they charge you?
I was thinking of doing something like that to level out when hooked up

Thanks
Jason

Jason, they did it for free. I had some issues on uneven terrain with the ultralight Rockwood clearance at the box was tight and tires were limited in clearance. Measuring level truck now has the fiver 1 degree low on the front. Perfect as far as I am concerned, was 5 degrees low on the back before. Only problem, stairs are 3 inches taller, have made permanent step for use at home,, looking at some models for travel now.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 10:46 PM   #24
GLCM Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
Jason, they did it for free. I had some issues on uneven terrain with the ultralight Rockwood clearance at the box was tight and tires were limited in clearance. Measuring level truck now has the fiver 1 degree low on the front. Perfect as far as I am concerned, was 5 degrees low on the back before. Only problem, stairs are 3 inches taller, have made permanent step for use at home,, looking at some models for travel now.
We use an exercise step to make reaching our stairs easier (Amazon.com : Stamina Aerobic Step : Step Platforms : Sports & Outdoors). It has two different heights and has served us well.
Lefty59 is offline   Reply With Quote