Old 11-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnandPandra View Post
Oakman are you thinking of some private campground in Branson, or are you thinking of T.R.S.P. with full hookups, or even W/E water front sites near Branson? We can always camp where we want and get together at a location to visit and chat(option). If you thinking about the state park or Old Hwy 86 C.O.E. campground, both have pavilions to meet at. Plus traveling into Branson to the Landing or Silver Dollar City, you can bypass the bottle necks on Hwy 76. Several things to do around there that do not cost anything such as Dewey Short Visitors Center, trout hatchery below the dam, etc.
J&P, Iím planning to do a commercial park rather than the state park or COE campground. Normally commercial parks will hold a block of sites that are together for a rally or gathering. Also at a park such as the ABC campground that old guys mentioned, they offer the amenities of a meeting room that can be used for a pot luck dinner, meetings, etc., free Wi-Fi, free cable TV, and a swimming pool and hot tub. If we can get 10 rigs we can usually get a discount on camping at commercial parks. With 10 rigs ABC would only cost $29 dollars a night for the full hookups while the state park would charge $26. I really donít want to plan a gathering at a COE park because, as you know, those parks can be susceptible to flooding.

I like your suggestions though, and perhaps the Missouri FROGS could get together at the state park or COE campgrounds at different time.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:26 PM   #22

Okay. Just giving some options here besides ABC. Musicland Kampground is behind the Titanic museum on Gretna Road, and you can walk to restaurants & shows. Haven't talked to them yet about group rates, and I'm trying another location that have big rallies also, and has restaurants/shows within walking distance of the campground.

Battlefield, Missouri
F.R.O.G. Member
1st International F.R.O.G. Rally Branson Missouri
JohnandPandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #23
DDC

I have never been to one of these gatherings but always wanted an excuse to go to Branson,so this does seem like one we would go to also.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:25 PM   #24

Bob, count us in!
Old 11-24-2012, 02:06 PM   #25

Sorry Bob. Don't mean to hijack your thread but I just have to say hi to POPBREED. How are you guys doing. I am working at my son-in-laws store to-day and Carson just left after helping me shovel snow and sharing lunch with me. Wait till I tell him I was talking to the kissing lady. Anyway stay well and we hope to meet up with you some time soon again. Old Guys (Brian and Joanne)
Old 11-24-2012, 02:34 PM   #26

OOOOOO MY GOODNESS.....It sounds like it could be OLE HOME WEEK again in Branson.

Is it June yet???
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #27

Both ABC and Musicland are awesome. With pros and cons for both. ABC is very easy to get around in for both parking rigs and walking. Just a short drive to all the Branson attractions. Musicland is right in the middle of it all and hardly know it. Has some hills, so it makes it a little challenging parking and walking, but not too bad though. ABC has lots of facilities for showers and laundry, Musicland doesn't. We've stayed at both several times, either would get my vote.

2006 Dodge 2500 Crew Cab 5.9L Cummins 4X4 200k mls
2010 Forest River Flagstaff 831QBSS - Equal-i-zer Hitch
2011 HD FatboyLo & 2000 Honda Shadow 1100
Nights Camped 2010 (7), 2011 (15), 2012 (35) 2013 (40) 2014 (22) 2015 (12) 2016 (10) 2017 (?)
troyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:07 PM   #28

Branson 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyt View Post
Both ABC and Musicland are awesome. With pros and cons for both. ABC is very easy to get around in for both parking rigs and walking. Just a short drive to all the Branson attractions. Musicland is right in the middle of it all and hardly know it. Has some hills, so it makes it a little challenging parking and walking, but not too bad though. ABC has lots of facilities for showers and laundry, Musicland doesn't. We've stayed at both several times, either would get my vote.
Thanks, troyt, for the review. We've stayed at ABC, and a few others in the area, but had never stayed at Musicland.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:40 AM   #29
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Nigels, I have talked to Bob Mr. F.R.O.R. when I was making my reservations for the January Rally in Florida. He told me that the dates are set for Indiana. He said that the reg. info will be out in January, or maybe late Dec. We are planning on that rally to, just do not know if we can make two big trips like that. I 'am still thinking how I could do both. I have always wanted to go to Branson. We will have to wait until more details come out. We can only be gone for so long. He also said that he was hoping to have the forms with him in Florida.
The dates for the International Rally in Goshen are are Sunday, August 4, to Friday, August 9. (Camping nights are Sunday-Thursday.)

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:55 PM   #30

Just returned from Branson(not camping) to check out other available rally sites. If we are still thinking 1st week of June, we can get into Treasure Lake RV Resort without being members of C2C or TL owners through my contacts. Site pricing would be $20 or less depending on how many units we have coming in. One reason I wanted to check out Treasure Lake was all the positive reviews of other rallies that have stayed there, many buying memberships after experiencing all the amenities on site. Location of TL is inside Branson city limits, behind the IMAX theater(if you know Branson) on the west end. Right across the street is Red Lobster, Golden Corral, Taco Bell,McFarlands and Little Hacienda. Also within walking distance of RFD,Pierce Arrow, Shoji Tabuchi, & Hamner Barber Theaters. There are craft malls right beside IMAX(for those into crafts) and its location provides easy access going to Silver Dollar City. Need to mention these are Full Hook Ups with everything ABC offers except cable. No deposit required, just be on the list. I was wowed at all this place has to offer, and we would be able to use everything the owners get to use. Pictures on the internet do not do this place justice, so I'm going to post some. I have other details of this gated resort if the response would like to try this place. We may be owners after seeing this place, even after the beautiful campgrounds around the lake. This is a quiet RV resort, not hearing any Branson traffic(and Branson is busy with Christmas shoppers). I need to know so F.R.O.G. can get penciled in before rally season gets going. So far the Old Fella Rally you see on RV.NET is the 3rd week or so in June. Check out the pictures I took today of amenities.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	old 86 campground, indian point 047.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	21820   Click image for larger version

Name:	old 86 campground, indian point 001.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	21821   Click image for larger version

Name:	old 86 campground, indian point 003.jpg
Views:	51