Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #21

At this time the mostly flat soft rolling hills sounds good, hard to tell just looking on maps. I've been trying to find nationwide maps or such indicating % of grades and distance but had not been able to find any. My TV has some option that I can use to override Automatic and stay in a lower gear but I've never used that.

2010 Dodge Ram QC 2500 HD w/Cummins Diesel
2013 Salem Hemisphere Lite 346 QBUD
papamcgown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:35 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by papamcgown View Post
What kind of hills-grades do we have coming in from Pueblo, I have never tested my TV with the new trailer other than the grades on Hwy 65 north of Branson. this trip will be a new experience.
From Pueblo, CO to the Mountaindale campground you won't encounter any grades steeper than what you've already experienced on Hwy 65 near Branson, MO. Be sure to use the exhaust brake and tow/haul feature of your Cummins Diesel. It will enhance your towing experience greatly.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:47 AM   #23

To date I have always use tow mode and exhaust brake, even on the flats, I really love that feature. Still hashing it out, should know if going by middle of next week and if just me and better half or if any kids-grand kids will go with us, kinda depends on when our youngest grand kid gets into Cincinnati "EOS" specialty unit for check & evaluation.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #24

Joyce and I have stayed at the Mountaindale campground a few times. The RV park is in a great location for visiting Colorado Springs to the North or Canon City and the Royal Gorge to the South. We both love this campground. The campground roads are easy to navigate and the tree branches are kept trimmed. It has the feel of being in the mountains yet it's a quick and easy drive into the city of Colorado Springs. We always take an evening walk in the campground because Mule Deer often pass through.

Here's a photo I took in 2008 looking down at the campground from a nearby hiking trail.

Last year I took this photo of one of the Mule Deer that wandered into the campground.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:26 AM   #25

I filled out our application this evening and will be mailing it in morning (Tuesday) on way to work.

Added comment that would like to arrive on campsite Saturday afternoon if there is anyway possible, advise if this can be done through registration or if I need to get a hold of campgrounds direct.

Thanks,

papamcgown

Old 06-04-2013, 05:05 PM   #26
Director, FROG

Quote:
I filled out our application this evening and will be mailing it in morning (Tuesday) on way to work.

Added comment that would like to arrive on campsite Saturday afternoon if there is anyway possible, advise if this can be done through registration or if I need to get a hold of campgrounds direct.

Thanks,

papamcgown
Papamcgown, we'll look forward to having you join us in Colorado. You can call the campground directly for additional nights. It's Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort at (719) 576-0619.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:29 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
Papamcgown, we'll look forward to having you join us in Colorado. You can call the campground directly for additional nights. It's Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort at (719) 576-0619.
Bob, can we do the same at the Colter Bay RV Park and the one in W Yellowstone for an extra day on either end?

Ron Prater
Old 06-04-2013, 05:37 PM   #28
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkprater View Post
Bob, can we do the same at the Colter Bay RV Park and the one in W Yellowstone for an extra day on either end?

Ron Prater
Ron, I apologize that I haven't gotten back with you on your e-mail yet.

The answer is yes. In West Yellowstone we'll be at Lionshead RV Park, (406) 646-7662. Colter Bay RV Park is run by Grand Teton Lodge Company, (800) 628-9988. I beieve that Colter Bay has the reservation under my name, and has it misspelled as Byrnd.

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 06-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #29

Thanks, I'll try to call sometime this week to "Mountaindale Resort"

Old 06-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #30

Thanks Bob, I will see about adding another day at one of them. Thought you hadn't gotten my email.

Ron Prater
Old 06-06-2013, 09:01 PM   #31

Thanks Bob, I now have a 5th night at Colter Bay. I hope I have the same site for the whole 5 nights. They could not give me a good answer on that one.

Ron Prater
Old 06-07-2013, 03:59 PM   #32

I called Mountaindale Campgrounds in Colorado Springs about coming in 1 day early and they currently do not have anything available. Ginger was very nice and she put my name and number down in case they would have any cancellations.

So not sure what we will do until Sunday, will likely get a hold of our friends that we want to visit Sunday in Colorado Springs and see if they have any ideas, would have been nice to not have to unhooked and changed campsites from Saturday-Sunday stay.

I was afraid this might be the case. Still looking forward to coming out there in August.

Old 06-10-2013, 02:49 PM   #33

Just found out today that our 2 year old Grandson has been accepted into "Cincinnati Children's Hospital" Specialty unit for Children with "Eosinophilc Disorders" he has a lifelong condition that anything except a specialty prepared formula that he would try to eat will make him horrible sick and sometimes in the hospital. Cincinnati has a specialty group that only deals with this condition.

As both this and the rally were the same week, we therefore will be cancelling out on the Colorado trip and going to Cincinnati this year, maybe we can make a rally in the future.

Family is more important than fun, can have some of that in 5-6 years when I retire.

Gary & Cheryl

Old 06-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #34
Always Learning

Quote:
Just found out today that our 2 year old Grandson has been accepted into "Cincinnati Children's Hospital" Specialty unit for Children with "Eosinophilc Disorders" he has a lifelong condition that anything except a specialty prepared formula that he would try to eat will make him horrible sick and sometimes in the hospital. Cincinnati has a specialty group that only deals with this condition.

Gary & Cheryl
Gary & Cheryl - I've heard very good things about the children's hospital in Cincinnati. (Different world - kids brain tumors for me, but still good stuff.)
Old 06-10-2013, 09:37 PM   #35

Thanks Bob for getting us cancelled out.

Yes we have heard a lot of good things from Cincinnati Children's Hospital & are looking forward to TJ's exams and testing's in August. They have one of the more advanced groups in the US working with this "EOE" disorder, which 10 years was unheard of and untreated.

TJ's also has other developmental issues and is still not walking even though he is almost 2. He does 3 therapy sessions each week, Occupational, Speech, & Physical (one is in pool and he loves it and just recently he got a walker and is progressing fairly well with it).

If you saw us with him in public you would just think he was a normal 2 year old as he does quite well on the "Elecare Jr Formula" for the time being, "EOE" treats normal food as a foreign body and attacks it and expels it with lots of digestive pain. Some day he may have to have a feeding tube placed to receive his nourishment. For now I keep working till retirement and help as I can.

Old 06-15-2013, 06:09 PM   #36

So how many folks will be getting home from the Goshen rally, washing all the dirty clothes, buying more food for the trips, and then heading out to Colorado Springs? Looking forward to both rallies.
Petunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #37
Director, FROG

Quote:
Thanks Bob for getting us cancelled out.

Yes we have heard a lot of good things from Cincinnati Children's Hospital & are looking forward to TJ's exams and testing's in August. They have one of the more advanced groups in the US working with this "EOE" disorder, which 10 years was unheard of and untreated.

TJ's also has other developmental issues and is still not walking even though he is almost 2. He does 3 therapy sessions each week, Occupational, Speech, & Physical (one is in pool and he loves it and just recently he got a walker and is progressing fairly well with it).

If you saw us with him in public you would just think he was a normal 2 year old as he does quite well on the "Elecare Jr Formula" for the time being, "EOE" treats normal food as a foreign body and attacks it and expels it with lots of digestive pain. Some day he may have to have a feeding tube placed to receive his nourishment. For now I keep working till retirement and help as I can.
Papamcgown, you're welcome. First things first. Take good care of that little guy. It sounds encouraging that he's able to get to a medical facility where there's apparently a lot of great work being done that has the potential to help him.

We'll see you at other events along the way.

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 06-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #38
Director, FROG

A few minutes ago (Saturday evening) I spoke with the folks at Mountaindale RV Resort, where we'll be staying in Colorado Springs. I was concerned after reading about the fire destruction at Canyon City and the Royal Gorge.

They assured me that they are well away from the fire areas, that roads are completely open, and that there's not even a hint of smoke in the air. There are still some spots available to join us there, as well as in the Tetons, Yellowstone, and the Black Hills.

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 06-15-2013, 08:18 PM   #39
Berkshire 390QS

FYI - We live in Pueblo about 20 miles from the camp ground and there was no fire in the area of the campground. Really nice weather right now and not too hot at all. There is currently fire restriction in place so no camp fires allowed.
NO3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #40

Question Western Trips - Are you going?

We are going on all 4 trips our west. Are there any others out there doing the same. We would love for all of those at the Goshen Rally who are going on all or any of these trips to have a chance to get acquainted. Maybe Bob will arrange that. Looking forward to a great month in the west. Kay and Wendel
kaytdid is offline   Reply With Quote