Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2013, 06:41 AM   #1
FLORIDA F.R.O.G.

FL Oct Rally May Be Nov 21-24...

I am still working with Sun N Fun in Sarasota setting up the Fall Rally. It looks like it may be Thur Nov 21st thru Sun morning Nov 24th. More as this becomes more firm...

Rick Smith
RickLSmith53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:51 AM   #2
FLORIDA F.R.O.G.

Nov 21st Arrive - Leaving Nov 24th Sun N Fun Rally Florida

It is a definite plan, Sun N Fun in Sarasota Nov 21st arrival, departing Nov 24th. I am now working on meals, etc. This time meals will be paid directly to Sun N Fun along with your camping fees. I think this will make it easier. I don't have final costs yet, but will let you know when I do. More to follow as time moves on...

Rick & Deb Smith
Florida Frogs
Old 06-12-2013, 10:32 PM   #3
Director, FROG

Rick, I spoke with John at Fun n Sun today about meals. I'll give you a call tomorrow.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:09 AM   #4
FLORIDA F.R.O.G.

FL Sun N Fun Rally Con't

Hello FROG's!

FL Sun N Fun Rally (Nov 21 thru 24)

It looks like our date will be arrive Nov 21, depart Nov 24. For those wanting a longer stay, Jon Gould at Sun N Fun in Sarasota said he will allow up to 7 full nights at the rally price of $35 per night. I am currently trying to reduce the meal costs. The current price is over $42 per person! Bob Byrne got involved yesterday and I am awaiting his reply after he spoke with Sun N Fun about meals. These will be much nicer meals, but I am guessing for larger families current pricing could be a problem. Since the meals will be purchased along with your camping fees, we will not be able to do "meals only" this trip. Because I know those working may only make it there by Fri, Sun N Fun will have a Fri, Sat night dinner & Sat breakfast meal pkg, plus a Sat breakfast & Sat dinner pkg. More on this as we progress... It sounds like they use a wristband system for meal admittance.

I am also looking for idea's of things to do. We will have use of a hall for whatever we can dream up. I have heard some suggest cards, round table discussions, seminars, etc. I know Deb and I could lead a round table discussion on the pro's and cons of going from a cabin tent to a 45' diesel quad slide motorhome. We have owned everything but a 5th wheel. Too MANY Rv's!!! If you have idea's, or have expertise in a subject area(s) and would like to lead a discussion or seminar, let me know...

Due to the time of year with many snowbirds already here, I am expecting a huge turnout to this rally. My last camp out at Sun N Fun was over 20 years ago. And it was beautiful then. I have been told today's Sun N Fun blows what I remember away!!! This could really be great, and a place many of you may wish to come back to.

Rick & Deb Smith
FL FROG's
Old 06-25-2013, 05:17 AM   #5

Right now the idea of a nice cool campout in November sounds heavenly ~ we knew the heat / humidity was coming and it hasn't disappointed us.....

Looking forward to Nov
Old 07-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #6

bummer!! the oct. dates were perfect but will be out of town for thanksgiving. Looks like maybe spring for our first rally.
bandit9077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:49 AM   #7
FLORIDA F.R.O.G.

Sorry, I had to change due to another conflict. I knew Thanksgiving would either be a help or a problem for some folks... 'Hopefully you can make it to the Spring Fling.
Rick Smith
Old 07-03-2013, 06:59 AM   #8

Rick, thanks for all your efforts, I know these events are major undertakings and yes we look forward to the spring fling. Bill
bandit9077 is offline   Reply With Quote