Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2018, 07:13 PM   #21
Kanadian Kamper

T minus 60 days to register

Some call it March Break, some call it March Madness, but here we are.

We’re in the home stretch to register for another great time in the “Limestone City”, more commonly known as Kingston. The cut off date to sign up is set for May 10.

Our most recent numbers have over 50 rigs registered at Rideau Acres, and there’s a mix of rigs as diverse as the owners themselves. Newbies and repeats will mingle side by side as we welcome attendees from a number of provinces and states.

Forest River Owners Group - The official owner's group of Forest River RV, manufacturer of world-class recreational vehicles.

Watch here for the agenda details being finalized by our team for your FROG fun.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:18 PM   #22

Wow. Would love to come but we're booked to babysit. Had an Apex for 4yrs, now waiting for a 2109s Rockwood. Didn't know there are rally's here. I'll be watching for them now.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:42 PM   #23
Kanadian Kamper

Possible chats at Rideau Acres

I’ve been reviewing some of the confirmation emails from people that have registered and booked sites for the Kingston Rally....you know who you are. 😉

For only our second time ever in Kingston, we have a good balance of returnees and first timers, however a couple of common questions from some of you has come to light. 🤔

Are there any other units of ours, or like ours coming to the Rally?

Sharing of information, troubleshooting, or modifications might best be gained through others with your same rig. Just for an FYI....last year, the rPod people did a gathering and tour within themselves Sunday morning. A few Georgetown owners like ourselves, exchanged info and have gone on to establish new connections.

Another question has been, are there any others attending from our neck of the woods?

Regardless of what kind of unit you might have, finding people by area codes or region might provide you a chance to find “your new best friends”. A phone call from another motivated FROG that lives nearby might be all it takes to get you out and enjoy your unit more often.

I’ll leave this as an open discussion here on the forum for others to jump in and then we’ll see if it’s something to consider at the FROG pond 🐸 in June.

Ken and Terry
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
Old 04-14-2018, 09:23 AM   #24

Smile April Showers & Ice Storms !!!

Hello Ken & Tarry
Have you set a maximum number for attendees for the rally ?
I'm from south central Ontario and might know of another new Forest River Owner that my like to attend ,
Any one that is attending the rally from the South Central part of Ontario I'd like to meet up and chat,
Mark Greathead, Brantford On.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:16 PM   #25
Kanadian Kamper

Mark.....

Rideau Acres has a certain area that’s quite open for large group gatherings....around 110+ sites. That said, we’re still accepting registrations for the Rally through to May 10 to allow time to finalize meals, gatherings, name tags, prizes etc. The group area sites are assigned by Rideau Acres based on when people make their reservations.

There’s more than enough room for your friends at this time in their Forest River rig.

BTW....There will be other FROGS attending from the South Central part of Ontario, however, they tend to blend with other FROGS from just about everywhere else. How will you know which ones to seek out? 😁😁

Ken and Terry
Old 04-15-2018, 05:56 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Mark.....

Rideau Acres has a certain area that’s quite open for large group gatherings....around 110+ sites. That said, we’re still accepting registrations for the Rally through to May 10 to allow time to finalize meals, gatherings, name tags, prizes etc. The group area sites are assigned by Rideau Acres based on when people make their reservations.

There’s more than enough room for your friends at this time in their Forest River rig.

BTW....There will be other FROGS attending from the South Central part of Ontario, however, they tend to blend with other FROGS from just about everywhere else. How will you know which ones to seek out? [emoji16][emoji16]

Definitely more than enough room, just looking at the camp map. We are booked into one of the 50amp full hook up drive thru sites in the “S” section, rather than the sites reserved for the group, because this will only be the third trip with a brand new trailer - and total newbie campers (insert deer in headlights here).

So I wanted to:
1 - not have to mess with backing in
2 - continue to test and check all the trailer systems (we have a 50amp service) and
3 - not yet run the risk of subjecting myself to figuring out the dump station lol.

We also booked in a day before the rally starts and are staying a day after, so a site with what looks like to be a nice view was a bonus. All that being said - lets just hope it has stopped snowing by the time we arrive at the camp site !!
Old 04-19-2018, 02:16 PM   #27

Send a message via AIM to B and B
I know some from the Waterloo Region area said they are attending this year. We catch up with them at trailer shows often.

All the best Ken and Terry on a second Frog Rally!

B and B
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 07:02 PM   #28
Kanadian Kamper

We’re in the home stretch now having just arrived back from Florida.

Thanks for the good wishes.

Ken and Terry
Old 04-30-2018, 03:03 PM   #29

Rally Booking

Add us to the list of those who are booked in for the Rally, our first

We're at lot 93 from June 3rd to 17th.

See you there Ken & Terry !

Jim & Chris Crook
tgsguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 05:54 PM   #30
Kanadian Kamper

Activity interest for Friday June 15

A very well attended Rally activity last year, was the “Heart of the Islands Cruise” through the centre of the 1000 Islands. When I investigated the idea, I wasn’t sure how many people would actually be interested in an hour long cruise (not to be confused with Gilligan’s 3 hour tour). Turns out, over 100 FROGS took over the boat on a beautiful cruise under ideal conditions.

Given that a number of attendees are first timers to the Kingston area, I was wondering if there’s enough interest to see about a group discount of this 1 hour cruise again. Due to the dates of our Rally, a number of the other cruises offered by Rockport Cruises are only available Saturday and Sunday. You’re welcome to investigate those others on your own, however, you should consider that the FROG sponsored dinner is on the Saturday evening.

Just so you know.....the regular price for the “Heart Cruise” is
$25/person + tax.
Once again, if we have 25 people or more in our group, the price is
$18/person including tax.

Transportation between the campground and Rockport must be self organized, but it’s only a half hour drive along the highway to get there with some beautiful scenery along the way. Oh, and parking is free!

Here’s the link to research for yourselves:

Cruises & Schedules | Rockport Cruises

I’ll be watching for your comments on the idea here on the forum.

Ken

Ken and Terry
Old 05-04-2018, 06:39 PM   #31

Count us in. We have done the cruise before and its well worth $18.
Old 05-05-2018, 07:03 AM   #32

Good rally

Hi Ken and Terry
We will miss the rally this year but wish everyone a wonderful weekend!
We had such a great time last year and made some new friends we are in touch with by email almost daily!I know you will have another good time!
Hope we can meet up another year!
Good Luck
Tom and Laurel
Sault Ste Marie
sunseekercamper56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 07:28 AM   #33
Kanadian Kamper

Hey Tom and Laurel.....

If I recall correctly.....you did attend the 1000 Islands Cruise , but required a ride to get there? Hopefully that was the start of a new friendship?.....maybe it was some others. Some people have attended FROG Rallies where they’ve met some of their best new friends. It’s a benefit some don’t even realize.

Terry and I travelled up though “The Soo” during the summer of 2016 and loved the area. It’s a beautiful region, and we saw it in its natural state by taking the Agawa Canyon Train Tour. Loved it.

Hope to see you again sometime.

Ken and Terry
Old 05-13-2018, 08:55 PM   #34
Kanadian Kamper

T minus 1 month to Rally

Today’s the 13th, and if you only count by the numbers, the next time it’s the 13th, it’ll be FROG Canada 🇨🇦 Eh Rally Eve.

We’ve received the list from the campground, and it shows 60 rigs registered. That means there’ll be well over 100 chances of meeting and partying with what could become your new best friends!

The itinerary will be posted here in the days to come, so stay tuned. You did tell your friends, right? 🤔

Ken and Terry
Old 05-15-2018, 06:16 PM   #35

Smile Rideau Acres Frog Rally

We attended the rally last year. We have a 40ft. Sanibel. We have been full time RVs for the last 5years. The destination for this rally last year was an awesome spacious park to accommodate all. I'm sure it takes a heck of work to put something like this together. Thank you so much Terry & Ken for putting this together. We went on the cruise last year & would definitely interested to do it again. Or home town is Whitby On.
Idylours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:57 AM   #36
Mrs. Ken and Terry

Rally Countdown

From our Lily Pad to yours .... we are on Countdown!!! We're very excited to see everyone.

This year, PizzaVia Mobile Wood-fired Pizza is coming in for those arriving by Thursday, and will follow our Official Welcome and Meet and Greet. Pizza will be available starting at 5 pm. After a day of travel, who wants to cook! Cost is $14 for all you can eat.

We have a 50/25/25 draw happening again this year, with some great draw prizes.

For those staying Sunday night, we will be once again hosting another great POT LUCK dinner.

After arriving at Rideau Acres and you are checked in, get yourselves set up, then drop over to see either Ken and myself or Gord and Joanne at site 43, to Register and get your itinerary. Details are in the attached file (print outs available when you arrive
Attached Files
File Type: docx F.R.O.G. CANADA 150 Rally Itinerary 2018.docx (24.2 KB, 230 views)
terryandken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:54 PM   #37
Mrs. Ken and Terry

Wow, is anyone out there⭐️
terryandken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:41 PM   #38

Wow

Hey Ken & Terry, we're out there, or so some say

Looking forward to seeing you guys in a few weeks !

Jim & Chris
tgsguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 03:57 PM   #39

We are really looking forward to what will be only the 3rd trip in the trailer and our first FROG rally. Itinerary is looking good.
Old 05-18-2018, 04:38 PM   #40
Kanadian Kamper

Vladivar.....

Sounds like you might be a bit of a newbie with your unit.
Just so you know......FROGS love helping FROGS. 🐸

If you’ve got any questions about your rig, you’re going to find all kinds of help is around, and all you have to do is ask.

Make sure to see me, and I’ll set you up...even if you don’t think you have questions, FROGS will help.

Contrary to what some might say....once upon a time we all were newbies. Some of us are just a little too old to remember

Ken and Terry

Tags
canada, frog