Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2013, 06:14 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey View Post
We would entertain attending a Texas Frog rally. We're in Spring Tx. Gulf Coast is nice about anytime, Hill Country has a lot to offer, heck any where you look, Texas has it all, except of course that part west of Van Horn, even the horned toad got smart & left that desert.
I totally agree, hope to get some news this weekend about something started here in Texas.
Lori
Lorigirl10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:01 PM   #62

Buckhorn Lake Resort in Kerrville, TX is a great place for a rally. (attended two rallies there). They have an 8,000 sq ft rally center with a full commercial kitchen, seating for 300 and offer discounts for groups of 15 or more. Any place in the Hill Country would be good, there are so many things to see and do. Buckhorn Lake Resort - Kerrville, Texas
Sirsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:31 PM   #63

There's a beautiful rv park called Sunset Point, Marble Falls, TX. Look at their website. We've been there, gorgeous, on the lake.
Duramax/Allison
Full timers since 5/30/2013
OL Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:59 PM   #64

We would enjoy getting together with other campers from the area. Having two young kids in sports is always a challenge to find free weekends but if free, we will be there.

My first
kho6658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by kho6658 View Post
We would enjoy getting together with other campers from the area. Having two young kids in sports is always a challenge to find free weekends but if free, we will be there.
Sounds great, it's looking like we will try to get it going for some time in oct.
Lori
Old 04-19-2013, 10:39 PM   #66

Great idea! We joined the FROG Texas Facebook page earlier today. Look forward to meeting folks. We're on the West side of Houston.

Tom & Stacie
2013 Prime Time Tracer 230FBS TE
2012 Chevy Avalanche LTZ
Nights camped in 2013: 22 and counting...
RVTexasYall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:29 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVTexasYall View Post
Great idea! We joined the FROG Texas Facebook page earlier today. Look forward to meeting folks. We're on the West side of Houston.

Tom & Stacie
2013 Prime Time Tracer 230FBS TE
Can't wait to get a rally planned going this weekend to look at a site in Fredericksburg for Oct. can't wait for Texas to be counted!!
Old 04-20-2013, 09:55 AM   #68

Lori, we were just in Fredericksburg yesterday (without the trailer) - drove by the Texas Wine Country Jellystone Park. It's a ways out of town (smack dab in the middle of the wineries), but it looked like a NICE park. Fabulous pool, pretty area. Sounds like it's new, but it gets great reviews on rvparkreviews.
nanannjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:28 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirsea View Post
Buckhorn Lake Resort in Kerrville, TX is a great place for a rally. (attended two rallies there). They have an 8,000 sq ft rally center with a full commercial kitchen, seating for 300 and offer discounts for groups of 15 or more. Any place in the Hill Country would be good, there are so many things to see and do. Buckhorn Lake Resort - Kerrville, Texas
Just got back from looking at Buckhorn ....fabulous!! I think that's where it will be, talked with Jennifer from group reservations, she will work with us, have a lot to tell you! Waiting for a call from Bob Byren. Will let you know this week.

Lori
Old 04-20-2013, 03:32 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannjen View Post
Lori, we were just in Fredericksburg yesterday (without the trailer) - drove by the Texas Wine Country Jellystone Park. It's a ways out of town (smack dab in the middle of the wineries), but it looked like a NICE park. Fabulous pool, pretty area. Sounds like it's new, but it gets great reviews on rvparkreviews.
Lol... That's what we did today without the RV, I found a pace near there called Buckhorn.. OMG, it's beautiful, has great amenities, in house movie theater we can use, set up locate wine tours, awesome! So it's just a matter of setting it up.

Lori
Old 04-20-2013, 08:06 PM   #71
Director, FROG

Lori, I understood you were busy this weekend, but I'll give you a call on Monday. You can also reach me at the office at (574) 825-8532. It sounds as if you've settled on a beautiful spot, just need to firm up the date in October. I'll be glad to help you work on arrangements, and to publicize it on the website and in Texas and surrounding areas via e-mail.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:45 AM   #72

Lori...Thank you so much for getting the Texas FROG rally set up!

Oct 10-13 at Buckhorn Lake RV Resort in Kerrville, TX. We are booked and ready to go.
Disstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disstick View Post

Oct 10-13 at Buckhorn Lake RV Resort in Kerrville, TX. We are booked and ready to go.
I was just just working on a news letter for our event, I still have a few things to get going so I can set up the itinerary.
Lori
Old 04-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #74
Director, FROG

Texas FROG Rally October 10-13, Kerrville, TX

Thanks to Lori for her work in setting up the first Texas FROG Rally!

The event will be held at Buckhorn Lake Resort in Kerrville, TX, October 10-13. Call the park at (800) 568-6458 to make your reservation. Be sure to tell them that you're with the FROG Rally to get a special rate of $33 (including tax) for a full hookup site.

You can get the same rate for three nights before and three nights after the event if you decide to stay longer.

Lori is putting together a great schedule, and FROG will provide a bar-b-q brisket and chicken dinner one night.

Y'all come on down!

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 04-25-2013, 03:40 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disstick View Post

Can you email me your name so I can keep track of who registers , for a accurate count.
Thanks Lori
Old 04-25-2013, 03:47 PM   #76

Thank you Bob Byrne and Lori, this is bBll Johnson the one with the first post. I will register and look forward to going.
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:02 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by whj77372 View Post
Thank you Bob Byrne and Lori, this is bBll Johnson the one with the first post. I will register and look forward to going.
Looking forward to meeting you, I will be sending out more info as I get it figured out, I think we will have a fun time! I have to not OVER think it. Lol!
Lori
Old 04-25-2013, 04:45 PM   #78
Director, FROG

More info on the Texas FROG Rally

Here's a little more information on the Texas FROG Rally.

FROGs will be gathering at buautiful Buckhorn Lake RV Resort in Kerrville, TX, October 10-13. The resort features complete landscaping at every site, full hookups, and concrete pads.

Buckhorn Lake Resort is the perfect place to stay while exploring all there is to see and do in the Texas Hill Country. It's located less than an hour's drive from San Antonio and just a short drive to many charming towns including Fredericksburg, Bandera, Boerne & Luckenbach.

Kerville itself offers lots of activities, including the Hill Country Museum, the Museum of Western Art, Stonehenge II, and much more. Nearby Fredericksburg is home to the Admiral Nimitz Museum and National Museum of the Pacific War.

Call the resort at (800) 568-6458 to make your reservation. Be sure to tell them that you're with the FROG Rally to get a special rate of $33 (including tax) for a full hookup site. In addition to your camping, FROG will provide a Bar-B-Q brisket and chicken dinner one evening, and other events are being planned as well.

You can get the same rate for three nights before or after the event if you decide to stay longer.

After you've made your reservation, please call Lori Stenholm at (210) 231-0921 to let her know that you're coming. Thanks to Lori and the Texas FROGs who are organizing and hosting this event!

Y'all come on down!

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 04-25-2013, 06:15 PM   #79

Lori, we're in Horseshoe Bay, TX. We're going to see about attending as well!
Duramax/Allison
Full timers since 5/30/2013
OL Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjerram View Post
Lori, we're in Horseshoe Bay, TX. We're going to see about attending as well!
Can't wait to meet you guys and Cooper! And for Cooper to meet Rockford J Rockafeller, our cat!
Lori