Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2013, 07:12 AM   #41

There is also (OMI) they are having their (3rd Year) (Tadpole Rally)!Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:24 AM   #42
Director, FROG

Sorry, Gary! I was up posting past 2:00 this morning, and the geography side of my brain isn't working yet. We're even going to be there, and I was just on the thread reading Old Coot fussing about the Mason-Dixon Line or Mason jars or something!

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
Lori, I saw your FB page last night (actually WAAAY early this morning). I'd be happy to help someone get activities going in TX. We have a very active group in OK, initially set up by Bob & Nancy Schorfheide, and now have locally organized events scheduled for MO, FL, and now OR. We've had our sights on the Houston or San Antonio area, but haven't put anything together there yet.

We've just finished the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC, and should be in the office on Wednesday. You can get me on the forums, by e-mail at frog@forestriverinc.com, or by phone at (574) 825-8532.
Awesome, I want to help, I do not know the first thing about how to get it started, I think mid area of Texas would be great to start, after that we just keep it moving to different areas.
Lorigirl10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:05 PM   #44

My husband and myself are interested. We live in West Houston area.

Ellen and Dave
Disstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:10 AM   #45
Now a "Top Member"

Welcome Ellen and Dave.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:06 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disstick View Post
My husband and myself are interested. We live in West Houston area.

Ellen and Dave
Welcome, we are from San Antonio we are trying to get a Texas frog group going, if you Facebook , go to frogs-Texas area and like there are about 14 of us so far, I think we are going to try to get something going for this fall, around the Austin area.

Lori
Old 04-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #47

Rally Possibility and Sponsorship

Ron Hoover RV sells a lot of Forest River product in Texas. They have an RV resort in La Marque, just off I-45, ten miles north of Galveston. I wouldn't be surprised if they would be interested in sponsoring a rally for us at this location. There are certainly plenty of things to do and sights to see in the area, Here is the resort website, Ron Hoover Oasis RV Park | Galveston RV Park & Resort | Galveston, Texas.

Ray and I are very interested in being a part of FROG - Texas, but we would also like to work on a smaller Houston / East Texas group that might be able to get together more often. I think there are enough of us in this area to make that happen.
Ray and Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:15 AM   #48

I totally agree, we are new to RV life style, this weekend is our 2nd trip out, some of theses folks will come from as far as Ok., Mo. They love getting out with others like us, but a more local one is also nice, and one where everyone is invited. I think the oasis Rv park sounds like a good place to have one, I would go if we are available, next week think we could see about it?
Lori
Old 04-10-2013, 04:48 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorigirl10 View Post

Welcome, we are from San Antonio we are trying to get a Texas frog group going, if you Facebook , go to frogs-Texas area and like there are about 14 of us so far, I think we are going to try to get something going for this fall, around the Austin area.

Lori
Lori... Just a suggestion as a possible site....have you considered Fredericksburg, TX? Great German town in the Hill Country. Lots to see and do. Pacific War Musuem, wineries, Enchanted Rock state park, First Monday, LB Johnson ranch and home, etc...

They have a great campground in town called Lady Bird Johnson Campground. The cool thing about this campground...right by a golf course and small airport and where you camp you can see WW II airplanes taking off and landing! And of course ERock has camping along with the KOA campground right outside of town.

Not that I am a beer drinker...but lots of German beer plus, on Main Street there is a small brewery/lots of restaurants to enjoy. Live music on weekends in some restaurants.

Just wanted to offer a site to consider....Fredericksburg, TX. Plus, close enough to visit Kerrville and the James Avery headquarters!!!! Can't get enough of JA jewelry.
Disstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #50

OMG.. I love JA, did not know it was there, my husband started my bracelet on my birthday, so I'm needing more charms, I love Fredericksburg, just was wanting a central place to start the first meet.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #51
Senior Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorigirl10 View Post

Lori
Lori,

Sounds like a great idea. Wife and I would be very interested in attending. You might take a look at Sunset Point on lake LBJ, close to Fredericksburg, Austin and San Antonio. They have group facility's and my understanding is lake LBJ is a constant level lake. With the drought conditions in Texas that would be nice if there are any boaters in the group.

Wherever you end up deciding we look forward to meeting everyone.
rockport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:29 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockport View Post
Lori,

Sounds like a great idea. Wife and I would be very interested in attending. You might take a look at Sunset Point on lake LBJ, close to Fredericksburg, Austin and San Antonio. They have group facility's and my understanding is lake LBJ is a constant level lake. With the drought conditions in Texas that would be nice if there ate any boaters in the group.

Wherever you end up deciding we look forward to meeting everyone.
We stayed at Sunset Point in February - it's a beautiful park in a beautiful area!
nanannjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #53

We're from East Texas around the Tyler area. Retired.... and living the good life. Looking to meet up with others. I'll go to facebook.

Rod
Rod, Debbe 1 spoiled Chihuahua and Becky the cat
1Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:56 PM   #54
Director, FROG

If y'all (I'm trying to fit in ) choose a date and location, I'll be happy to send out an e-mail blast to ever FROG in TX and surrounding states to promote it. We should also be able to do a meal, attendance prizes, or something else to support the cause.

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 04-14-2013, 12:15 AM   #55
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
We would entertain attending a Texas Frog rally. We're in Spring Tx. Gulf Coast is nice about anytime, Hill Country has a lot to offer, heck any where you look, Texas has it all, except of course that part west of Van Horn, even the horned toad got smart & left that desert.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:57 PM   #56

We bought our Forest River RV in January and would love to join a FROG group in Texas. We live in west Hounston, close to Katy. New to FROG and rv'ing.

Paul & Vicki
PGMyford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:14 PM   #57
Now a "Top Member"

Welcome Paul and Vicki. We don't have anything official quite yet, except for this thread and the Facebook page Lori started. But hang around, and we'll see what happens.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:19 PM   #58

EdJunior, thanks for your reply and we will be standing by. In addition to a big Texas Rally, we are interested in getting together with some local people (Houston and surrounding areas) to plan small group camping get togethers, i.e., state parks or rv parks.
PGMyford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:29 PM   #59
Director, FROG

We'd love to help someone set up some events in Texas and along the Gulf Coast. If you go to the Newsletter page of the FROG website -- FROG - Forest River Owners Group -- and read the information on some of the local events being set up, you'll see that there's really not a lot to it. We just had an event in OK, and there are more coming up in IN, MO, FL, OR, and more underconsideration.

The first thing that we need is to have someone step up and select a date and a location. It's helpful if the campground has a facility where we can have either a catered meal, a potluck, or both. A Friday and Saturday night, and perhaps a Thursday as well, usually works best. FROG will provide "goodies" for the attendees or will provide a meal, and will pick up the camping fee for the organizer. We'll also send out an e-mail blast to everyone registered in Texas and surrounding states.

If anyone wants to step forward, please give me a call at (574) 825-8532, or send me a note either via this site or at frog@forestriverinc.com.

Thanks!

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 04-16-2013, 05:03 PM   #60

I have been trying to see if we had a little enough group, I think Texas is going to represent! Getting a lot of feed back, I will call you on Thursday if that's ok, in the am.
Thanks Lori