Pennsylvania: War and Peace
March 30 – April 9, 2014
Just over 150 years ago, in a sleepy little Pennsylvania town, cannons roared. Over 157,000 Americans fought one another, and more than 51,000 died. Over those three days occurred one of the bloodiest and most decisive battles in American history.
Today the sprawling battlefield that changed the course of the Civil War and America lies peaceful and still. We'll stand on this historic and hallowed ground when we visit Gettysburg to explore the events leading up to the Civil War and to the Battle of Gettysburg. We'll tour the battlefield and visit the key sites, culminating with Pickett's Charge and the fighting that turned the tide and marked the high mark of the Confederacy.
When we visit the National Cemetery we'll be on the site where Lincoln declared that, "The world will little note nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here."
From Gettysburg we'll move on to Bird-in-Hand in beautiful Lancaster County, the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch and Amish Country. You'll have an opportunity to visit with these "Plain People", to see their way of life, and to sample their wonderful food. In and around nearby York you can visit the factories of many of the local companies to whom the term "Made in America" is a part of their very existence.
Join FROG in the beautiful Pennsylvania countryside as we revisit the history, sights and sounds of war as well as enjoying the peaceful serenity of today.
Your ten-night Gettysburg and Bird-in-Hand adventure includes:
- 7 nights of camping at Artillery Ridge Campground, the closest to the Gettysburg National Military Park
- 3 nights of camping at Country Acres RV Park in Bird-in-Hand
- Welcome Dinner
- Three (3) Continental Breakfasts
- Three (3) Lunches
- "Half Stitched" Amish Musical and Farewell Dinner Buffet
- One additional dinner
- Two (2) Battlefield Tours
- CD for additional Self-Guided Tours
- Tour of President Dwight D. Eisenhower's Home and Farm
- Admission to Gettysburg Diorama and History Center
- Admission to Gettysburg Museum, "New Birth of Freedom" Film, and Cyclorama
- Admission to Gettysburg Ghost Lab Haunted Attraction
- and more!
All of this and more is only $1,195 for two adults in an RV, or $870 for one adult in an RV. Additional persons age 12+ are $325, age 6-11 are $210, and children under age 6 are free.
Join FROG in the Keystone State. You'll never forget what you did there.