Old 08-25-2016, 12:41 PM   #101

Goshen Evaluation

I agree Chickie he had some good neighbors!! I for sure wasn't talking about you!! But even you have to agree there were some questions there?? Lol

Russell

Old 08-25-2016, 12:43 PM   #102
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
I agree Chickie he had some good neighbors!! I for sure wasn't talking about you!! But even you have to agree there were some questions there??

Russell
You must be talking about Donald. You never can tell with them funny talking Scottish Canadians.

2015 - 41
2016 - 81
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 02:30 PM   #103

Evaluation of Goshen 2016

I've heard that there were over 800 plus rigs at this Goshen Rally, 2016, and my husband and I were fortunate to be one of them.
I believe that everyone had at least water and electric....and Forest River
paid for one "free" dumping mid week....Can't get any better than that!!
unless you were one of the 200 that lucked out in the draw (?)with FHU...we were ALL taken care of.

Forest River hired (I'm assuming) extra service people to attend to each and every unit that was brought into that fairground !!!! all of us that were fortunate to get our appliaction in early...got a service contract too.
We also(first three days,once registration was posted) filled out a service contract that we could list three things that needed attention..repaired
fixed or replaced.

The SERVICE DEPARTMENTS need to be recognized !!...in all the different plant manufacturers.... These people started way before the rally even started.
I saw some as early as 7:30am and as late as 5:30pm.....nothing stopped them,
not even the hard pouring rainny days.....they were there!!

The service building for sign up confirmation was handled very efficeintly...,
They had a greeter at the entrance directing each person to the appropriate station...which kept us moving.
I also commend the people behind those desks taking down everyone's information and working those long hours trying to meet everyones needs.

Parking was very well organized also....I didn't see the entrance getting all "bottled neck" when rigs were coming in randomly at all different times throughout the day.

Lastly, I want to thank Bob and Cindy Byrnes for orchestrating, along with Forest River a VERY well run Rally....with the amount of rigs and people coming in..
it was successful!

I think only as suggestions for the future ....I was expecting MORE vendors...
Especially relating to travel....motor homes, 5th wheels, travel trailers, R-pods and anything to do along or about these lines.
I was surprised to see a booth selling anti-wrinkle cream...???? and that has to do with what at a Forest River Rally??

Some of the seminars were only offered ONCE through-out the whole week.
If you planned to go on a tour, and it was that day...you missed out....
Suggestion....for the more popular programs..might offer two alternatives.

To my knowledge NO other company offers a service contract once a year to take
care of any issues on our rigs.
For my husband and I...this was by far, above and beyond any expectations that we, as Forest River owners should see.....and not the little things that are incidental.

Now, for the caterers and food....I'll leave that up to other people and their opinions..
I wanted to touch on the GREAT things that was MOST important to us!!

Thank you Forest River....I will always buy a Forest River.....you've got the
Best all around emplyees.
Old 08-25-2016, 04:41 PM   #104

A 7 to be honest.
Old 08-25-2016, 04:48 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmtreepat View Post
I've heard that there were over 800 plus rigs at this Goshen Rally, 2016, and my husband and I were fortunate to be one of them.
I believe that everyone had at least water and electric....and Forest River
paid for one "free" dumping mid week....Can't get any better than that!!
unless you were one of the 200 that lucked out in the draw (?)with FHU...we were ALL taken care of.

Forest River hired (I'm assuming) extra service people to attend to each and every unit that was brought into that fairground !!!! all of us that were fortunate to get our appliaction in early...got a service contract too.
We also(first three days,once registration was posted) filled out a service contract that we could list three things that needed attention..repaired
fixed or replaced.

The SERVICE DEPARTMENTS need to be recognized !!...in all the different plant manufacturers.... These people started way before the rally even started.
I saw some as early as 7:30am and as late as 5:30pm.....nothing stopped them,
not even the hard pouring rainny days.....they were there!!

The service building for sign up confirmation was handled very efficeintly...,
They had a greeter at the entrance directing each person to the appropriate station...which kept us moving.
I also commend the people behind those desks taking down everyone's information and working those long hours trying to meet everyones needs.

Parking was very well organized also....I didn't see the entrance getting all "bottled neck" when rigs were coming in randomly at all different times throughout the day.

Lastly, I want to thank Bob and Cindy Byrnes for orchestrating, along with Forest River a VERY well run Rally....with the amount of rigs and people coming in..
it was successful!

I think only as suggestions for the future ....I was expecting MORE vendors...
Especially relating to travel....motor homes, 5th wheels, travel trailers, R-pods and anything to do along or about these lines.
I was surprised to see a booth selling anti-wrinkle cream...???? and that has to do with what at a Forest River Rally??

Some of the seminars were only offered ONCE through-out the whole week.
If you planned to go on a tour, and it was that day...you missed out....
Suggestion....for the more popular programs..might offer two alternatives.

To my knowledge NO other company offers a service contract once a year to take
care of any issues on our rigs.
For my husband and I...this was by far, above and beyond any expectations that we, as Forest River owners should see.....and not the little things that are incidental.

Now, for the caterers and food....I'll leave that up to other people and their opinions..
I wanted to touch on the GREAT things that was MOST important to us!!

Thank you Forest River....I will always buy a Forest River.....you've got the
Best all around emplyees.
So you DIDN'T meet DBLR?????

(amen to the rest)

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 06:56 AM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
So you DIDN'T meet DBLR?????

(amen to the rest)
Why do I feel like I just got thrown under a camper
Old 08-26-2016, 08:42 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Well, Birdman was my neighbor, and I never had a better one. I don't know if HE thinks the same!!! But I sure do.
You were a very good neighbor but next time one of us needs to remember the fishing polls

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
Is Birdman the guy who brought the beautiful bird?
No I did not bring a bird.
Old 08-27-2016, 12:26 PM   #108

We were first time attendees at the 2016 Goshen Rally and the word I would use to sum it all up is CHOICES.
We all chose to be there. We chose to eat the food (or not). We chose which tours/seminars to attend. We chose which vendor to visit.
BUT........ some at the rally had NO CHOICE but to be there. I am talking about the service team. The Forest River service team was working, and working tirelessly and diligently! In the pouring rain, and it the hot sun..... and NOT ONE of them complained or even grimaced when they were being bombarded by 2-3 owners at a time all asking for "when" or "could you possibly". The Forest River workers; from service registration, to service mangers, to service technicians are ALL professional and dedicated to their jobs and to the FR owners. Forest River cares about it's owners and they CHOOSE it to be that way!
I think we, as rally attendees should always make every effort to make things go as smoothly as possible for all members of the service team. I think all like RV models should always be parked together at the rally to avoid service teams spending time "searching" for the next scheduled repair. Parking all like units together would also allow the service team to park 1 central "parts trailer" in the area to avoid spending time driving all over the place for parts.
Every effort possible should be made to make the "rally work place" as pleasant and easy as possible for all members of the service team!
I know it has been stated that "parking all like units together drives a wedge between the different RV unit owners". I, personally, don't think this is true. I enjoy meeting all owners of Forest River RVs, no matter which unit they own. I also enjoy meeting other owners of the same Motorhome that we own to enable knowledge sharing, problem solving, and model specific modifications. (And parking all of us together also makes for some really great pictures!!).
I would also like to thank and commend all of the Goshen Rally volunteers! You all did an awesome job of helping to make our rally time fun and organized!
To Bob and Cindy I would like to say a big THANK YOU for all you do for us!
To the veteran Forest River owners/rally attendees: Thank you for making us "new kids" feel so welcome! We look forward to Goshen 2017!!
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 04:36 PM   #109

Nicely put.
Old 08-27-2016, 05:13 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Why do I feel like I just got thrown under a camper
Or a bus? Or a Berkshire? Or a Berkshire Bus Camper?

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is online now   Reply With Quote