Old 08-22-2016, 05:06 PM   #31
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by W5CI View Post
For a first timer not knowing what to expect, I was disappointed , the Sunday nite meal ruined the whole week for us, and from what I heard it never got any better, we didn't go on the Tuesday brown bag tour because of all the heavy rain. lost that $150 bucks. Service was great by all of the Lippert guys. Yes we will go back and give it another try. I never ran out of beer but going to WalMart for ice was a pain

There was a bulk ice machine 2 minutes from the fairgrounds

$2.25 for a 16 lb bag

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
2016 nights camped "25"

Old 08-22-2016, 05:17 PM   #32
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

This was my third goshen rally, I wasn't impressed with the Sunday nights meal but I ate it.
The rest of the nights I smoked pork loin, pork ribs and finally a pork butt for supper so it was "no biggie"
Service was great when they finally showed up.
I have zero complaints!
"10"

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
2016 nights camped "25"

Old 08-22-2016, 06:18 PM   #33

Goshen

Quote:
JuJu yes i knew I could have gone and sold the tickets on tuesday morning in the Pouring Rain, With the time difference for me it wasn't worth getting drowned for. oh and the taxies weren't running that time of day where i was and its over a half mile.it seemed, I walked it one day in pouring rain looking for a vendor. the service guys get a 10 plus but everything else maybe a five. the meals a 0. just my thoughts for a first timer, yes I was disappointed.
This was our 5th rally, and we were also disappointed with the meals. With so many to feed, by the time we got back to our table, our food was cool, except for Friday dinner. That was hot and the best meal of the week. I believe next year will be better. Come back.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:55 PM   #34
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

This was our third Goshen rally. We came for '13, '14 and '16. I was skeptical in '13 (our first ever rally) but it turned out great. Between the three we met some good friends and even made a few great ones!
I was on the parking committee and saw some problems and heard about others but I prefer to think they got an 'orientation tour'. Lol
The food wasn't 5 star but neither am I. I have had better meals but I've made worse and I know my way around the kitchen. We did have most of our meals at our campsite but that was so we could spend time visiting more than it was the quality of the catered meals.
I thought the rain we got was something Frog Bob set up for us....a 'fresh water rinse' so to speak!!!
We did the bison tour which I found very interesting because I moved closer to hear our guide. Something RVChick refers to as acquiring more useless information!
Our service team is AMAZING but we do have an XLR! ROFL
All in all I give the rally an 11. There are always issues when you have a crowd of that size but kudos to Frog Bob and Mama Frog for organizing an event that really did, when you think about it, turn out pretty ok. It's the only time this year we were able to see some of you and that's what makes it better than a 10!
Old 08-22-2016, 09:59 PM   #35

This was our second GOSHEN Rally. We enjoyed our first Rally in 2014 and had a great time this year also, meeting new friends and seeing old ones. The Fairgrounds were impressive and well maintained. It was great walking around and seeing all of the displays and gardens. The Frog Volunteers that participated in everything Rally were great. Overall, it was a well put together Rally. There is always something to do and something for everyone. I didn't like seeing the various complaints about the food. There were so many other positive things to mention. Thanks to Bob and Cindy. And thanks for the rain that washed all the spit off the side of my rig from the Creekers!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1471917487.711124.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	118166
CZNEDY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 10:22 PM   #36
CANADA FROG RALLY 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr View Post
I was very surprised by the efficiency of the parking team the first two years this year not so much. I was moved four times before they decided upon the right site. Each time I was told the same story you are too long for this site or area. I drive a 40 foot long 5th wheel and that is what the registration documents that I completed stated. Watching the parking there was much more confusion then in prior years. I had volunteered for the parking team but was not chosen. Bob did send an email to the chosen parking team folks but it would have been good form to also send a Thanks but No Thanks to the volunteers that were not chosen.

Hmmm. As one working on the parking team for a second year I would say this year was better than last year. We had great leadership and plans worked quite well. There are only so many spots for the team and we did have a good mix of returning members and some new. May I ask where the sites where and in the end did you get a better site? With Hobo style camping being parked as you arrive it might have been an end of line situation where your trailer does not fit.
2016 Ford F 350 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab FX4
2008 Golden Falcon 380PA Park Model Model

"Oh Canada,True North Strong and Free!"
B and B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 10:29 PM   #37
cogito ergo moo

Quote:
For a first timer not knowing what to expect, I was disappointed , the Sunday nite meal ruined the whole week for us, and from what I heard it never got any better, we didn't go on the Tuesday brown bag tour because of all the heavy rain. lost that $150 bucks. Service was great by all of the Lippert guys. Yes we will go back and give it another try. I never ran out of beer but going to WalMart for ice was a pain

I truly feel sorry for you that one mediocre meal could ruin an entire week for you, considering all the other things available to see and do.

Tell you what... Next year, I'll buy you dinner at the Essenhouse. Maybe one enjoyable meal will let you have a good week.

Tim
Nights Reserved 147121212125 ..........My Project Blog: https://cowracer.blogspot.com/

Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 10:35 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post

Tim
I did not attend so feel guilty for posting on this thread. I just had to...
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:23 AM   #39
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

The things I hated about Goshen

There were many things I hated about the Goshen Rally this year. I hated that I couldn't get there any earlier than I did, I saw this as missed time with friends. I hated that there were only 24 hrs in the day and at least a couple of those were spent sleeping and not spending time with said friends. I hated that, when I went to bed, my sides were hurting from all the laughter we shared each evening. I hated that I still managed to pack on a few pounds from our meals. I also hated that some of our friends couldn't make Goshen this year, but most of all I hated saying goodbye to some of the best friends I've ever had the pleasure of meeting!
2015 - 41
2016 - 81
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:25 AM   #40
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Goshen Evaluation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
There were many things I hated about the Goshen Rally this year. I hated that I couldn't get there any earlier than I did, I saw this as missed time with friends. I hated that there were only 24 hrs in the day and at least a couple of those were spent sleeping and not spending time with said friends. I hated that, when I went to bed, my sides were hurting from all the laughter we shared each evening. I hated that I still managed to pack on a few pounds from our meals. I also hated that some of our friends couldn't make Goshen this year, but most of all I hated saying goodbye to some of the best friends I've ever had the pleasure of meeting!

Complainer.
Your just bitching to bitch.
Get over yourself.

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
2016 nights camped "32"