Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2016, 06:26 AM   #41
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Complainer.
Your just bitching to bitch.
Get over yourself.
[emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
2016 nights camped "32"
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 06:42 AM   #42

I hated that time flew and somehow I never got to go meet Turbs.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 06:45 AM   #43
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
He was parked next to the track where all the cedar creeks were
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 06:45 AM   #44
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
You weren't missing much.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:46 AM   #45
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:

It's funny, I could sit at my site for 6 hours and the minute I leave 6 people are looking for me. Weird.
"Next year"

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
2016 nights camped "32"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 06:57 AM   #46
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
It's funny, I could sit at my site for 6 hours and the minute I leave 6 people are looking for me. Weird.
"Next year"

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
2016 nights camped "32"
Except your service techs.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:02 AM   #47

Quote:
"Next year"

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
2016 nights camped "32"
I did text you and had plans to come about 8 times.

But.........I'm married. I'll blame it on that! LOL

As it turned out, we sat at our site almost all day every day through Thursday........because we didn't know when the techs were coming to do major work. They finally did, and it was a weight off of our shoulders. I admit, my mind was more on that than anything. After that, we sorta 'crashed'.

I certainly blame no one but me.........but I did want to meet you, and a whole bunch of others (I did meet some), and time somehow just ran out.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 08-23-2016, 07:06 AM   #48
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:

As it turned out, we sat at our site almost all day every day through Thursday........because we didn't know when the techs were coming to do major work. They finally did, and it was a weight off of our shoulders. I admit, my mind was more on that than anything. After that, we sorta 'crashed'.

I certainly blame no one but me.........but I did want to meet you, and a whole bunch of others (I did meet some), and time somehow just ran out.
I learned after the first year not to wait around. They will find you. I had them call me this year.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:09 AM   #49
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:

I blame it on squirrels

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
2016 nights camped "32"
Old 08-23-2016, 07:13 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
I learned after the first year not to wait around. They will find you. I had them call me this year.
Pardon the sidebar.......but you brought up calling us.

I get about 15 spam calls a day on my cell phone. Illegal, yes. But can't stop it. Have tried everything. So........if you call me on "Private Number", meaning you've chosen to hide your calling ID number, my phone doesn't ring. Period. I DO get voice mails.

The CC Techs did not do this, their number displayed, and they called. But the Suburban techs called 3 times and all 3 times they blocked their number, and my phone never rang. So.......I ended up sitting there waiting.

Maybe their fault, maybe mine..........but a fact anyway.

And Turbs, we didn't have any squirrels. No trees, and squirrels don't swim well. I'll just blame me and move on.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 08-23-2016, 07:14 AM   #51

The only thing I have ever complained about with Goshen is the same complaint this year as in year's past and that's the food.

Crammed in the dining hall and you can't even hear yourself chew let alone talk to anyone besides who is on the left or right of you is horrid. The low roar that accompanies meals is just unpleasant.

Moving past that, the food itself fell way short this year. Some of the best meals I had all week were ones spent in camp with friends when we fired up our grills and crockpots and made our own food. We're campers, we know how to feed ourselves some great food while out on the road.

Would love to see a "no meals option" for the future of Goshen. Let some of us bow out from cold food, overcooked food, no food, or just bland tasteless leftovers mixed into eggs the next morning.

I know the logistics behind of the meals are staggering to say the least. I've attended 4 years and at this point would just like to see other options available.
kymooses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:20 AM   #52
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Goshen Evaluation

I brought almost $100.00 worth of pork to be smokedin my gmg, I was prepared to not eat regardless of food quality or quantity.

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
2016 nights camped "32"
Old 08-23-2016, 07:21 AM   #53

My full evaluation of the rally. Once again Bob and Cindy did an amazing job organizing the rally. Kudos to the parking team and especially Capt Mike for getting almost 800 rigs parked in various locations throughout the fairgrounds. Kudos to the taxi drivers and FROG office, and registration volunteers for doing a great job. Overall evaluation of the volunteers is a 10+.

FOREST RIVER SERVICE TECHS: I have to give them a 10. Things didn’t go perfectly but in the end I think everyone went home very happy with their service. Even during the periods of rain during the day the techs were out fixing rigs.

VENDORS: Again I have to give a 10 for the mix of vendors at the rally.

FOOD: This was the only blemish in an otherwise outstanding rally. The caterer really let Bob and Cindy down. One morning the scrambled eggs had turkey, pork, and green beans in it. Suspiciously those items were on the buffet the night before. I give food a rating of 4.

ENTERTAINMENT: Again I give this category a 10. Disclaimer; I was still parking rigs when the accordion player was performing on stage on Sunday night so I can’t say one way or the other how good he was. The live music during dinner on Monday was a nice touch. The Bulldogs and the Members Only bands were really good IMO. The weather actually cooperated for these two concerts.

WEATHER: Mother Nature gave everyone’s rig an extreme water leak test on Monday night by dumping over 4.5 inches of rain on us. From what I heard, there were very few rigs that had water leaks. If you are going to have a water leak, this was the rally to find out about it. Because it had been so dry in the Goshen area the water pretty much just ran off the ground so it didn’t turn the fairgrounds into a soggy mess…except for the racetrack. The owners of Cedar Creek products had to deal with crossing the muddy track. Weather gets a score of 7.

FACTORY TOURS: Free transportation was provided to the factories of brands that were able to take tours. I give this a score of 10 also.

SEMINARS: An excellent variety of seminars was available and not all the seminars were about selling products. There was a lot of great information available. I give this a rating of 10.

OPTIONAL TOURS: Bob and Cindy always offer some great optional tours. Joyce and I have done the Brown Bag tour in the past and this year did the Quirky Collection tour. The tours are always worth the cost. I give this category a score of 10.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:22 AM   #54

I have briefly mentioned the food........but not complained. I will offer two comments. One is that our family has certain dietary restrictions that others do not. We are not able to eat "just any meal". That's nobody's issue except ours. As for me, I can eat most anything......it's just food, and it's temporary! LOL But at times we have to avoid things.

As for my only real complaint?? NO ICE!! SMALL CUPS! I'm a whale, I drink a lot. LOL We wanted water, not lemonade. (So we're weird). But the water was on table and folks drank it fast, and it ran out. When we asked for more, they said "No more water, you have to drink lemonade". ???? So next meal we brought bottled water, and that worked. But a COLD drink with ice woulda been nice.

I know how I'd do the food, but I wasn't asked............so they can do whatever they want. It's a minor issue to me, although I have several food suggestions.......that I'll keep to myself.......everything else is great, so I'll not worry about food. I like my own cookin' anyway.

P.S.
Ponderosa Steak House on 33 has a Senior Night on Wed, a 50 item all you can eat type buffet for $7.49.......so it can be done!!!

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 08-23-2016, 07:45 AM   #55
Phat Phrog

Quote:
There were many things I hated about the Goshen Rally this year. I hated that I couldn't get there any earlier than I did, I saw this as missed time with friends. I hated that there were only 24 hrs in the day and at least a couple of those were spent sleeping and not spending time with said friends. I hated that, when I went to bed, my sides were hurting from all the laughter we shared each evening. I hated that I still managed to pack on a few pounds from our meals. I also hated that some of our friends couldn't make Goshen this year, but most of all I hated saying goodbye to some of the best friends I've ever had the pleasure of meeting!

Awww CLAB!!

Phat Phrog Stunt Team
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:54 AM   #56
Mod free 5er

Quote:
...I never got to go meet Turbs.
Consider yourself extremely LUCKY!
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 08:35 AM   #57

Quote:
There were many things I hated about the Goshen Rally this year. I hated that I couldn't get there any earlier than I did, I saw this as missed time with friends. I hated that there were only 24 hrs in the day and at least a couple of those were spent sleeping and not spending time with said friends. I hated that, when I went to bed, my sides were hurting from all the laughter we shared each evening. I hated that I still managed to pack on a few pounds from our meals. I also hated that some of our friends couldn't make Goshen this year, but most of all I hated saying goodbye to some of the best friends I've ever had the pleasure of meeting!

Keep your chin up, hopefully next year will be better!!👍😂😂
columbus 298RL
2019 Ford F-350 6.7
PineRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 08:40 AM   #58
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineRock View Post
Keep your chin up, hopefully next year will be better!!👍😂😂
Thanks rainbow cowboy!
Old 08-23-2016, 09:31 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
I truly feel sorry for you that one mediocre meal could ruin an entire week for you, considering all the other things available to see and do.

Tell you what... Next year, I'll buy you dinner at the Essenhouse. Maybe one enjoyable meal will let you have a good week.

Tim
Whats to see and do in Pouring Rain, this was our first year, we knew where nothing was at and no one told us where to go. except to shipsewanna. finally found that and the RisinRoll place, just a Tourist trap to me. and ice 2 min from fair grounds, it took longer than that to get out of the Mud field called a race track infield. we will probably go back next year now that we know what to expect but after all of the accolades i had read the FROG was a big disappointment over all to me. Yes the parking team did a great job, Bob and Cindy are to be commended for the job they did with an almost impossible job. The caterer had to know they had contracted to feed almost 2000 folks. from what we heard the meal deal got worse after the sunday nite we went.
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:45 AM   #60
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

If you were in the race track you could see thee ppst beer and wine tasting on turn four of the track!

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
2016 nights camped "32"