Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2014, 02:31 PM   #41
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
I'm going to see if they'll replace my outside kitchen fridge.
I fill it with beer and the next day it empty.

Any suggestions till then what could be wrong?
Sure didn't work that way last year, you filled it when you got there and it was still full when you left. All the bottles were marked. Wish I were going and have them see what the problem is with BIG COOLERS being emptied and little coolers disappearing. Oh, yes, it was determined to be the "low life Iowegian's" 24 hr. borrowing syndrome working overtime.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:53 PM   #42

Silly question, when the techs do the repairs on our units, will we need to be at our RV? Because we have a dog and just curious if I need to bring his cage.

We Have These Moments to Remember...

corkybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:57 PM   #43
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by corkybird View Post
Silly question, when the techs do the repairs on our units, will we need to be at our RV? Because we have a dog and just curious if I need to bring his cage.
In a word, YES!
Old 07-11-2014, 09:36 PM   #44
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by corkybird View Post
Actually, we just discussed this issue at a meeting with the service managers yesterday. We typically have asked that the owner be present when the service techs are working on the unit. This year you'll be able -- but not required -- to sign a consent for the techs to work on or in your RV in your absence. However, in a case where there's a pet, we'll ask that the pet be caged or removed both for the techs' protection and to prevent the pet from accidentally escaping from the unit.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:59 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
Actually, we just discussed this issue at a meeting with the service managers yesterday. We typically have asked that the owner be present when the service techs are working on the unit. This year you'll be able -- but not required -- to sign a consent for the techs to work on or in your RV in your absence. However, in a case where there's a pet, we'll ask that the pet be caged or removed both for the techs' protection and to prevent the pet from accidentally escaping from the unit.

Thank you! We will bring the cage, just in case.

We Have These Moments to Remember...

corkybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:21 AM   #46
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Last year we had work done on our TT and went on many tours also. The tech stopped over before one of our all day tours meet our dog in the process. In the end Toby greeted the tech and then we on our bed and slept. Each dog is different but you know your dog and what to expect if you leave. Take along a kennel or at least have a bedroom you can confine leave them in.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:59 AM   #47

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Just discovered a small drip when it rains at the front edge of the AC unit. May add this to the list if able.
Brian

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:29 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
Just discovered a small drip when it rains at the front edge of the AC unit. May add this to the list if able.
Brian

Brian,

I saw a note where you could add service requests to your list (or submit one if you have not done so) when you check in--from FROG Bob's email:

SERVICE APPOINTMENTS

If you have submitted a service request, we’ll ask that you stop by the Service Reception Area. This year we’ve moved Service Reception about five buildings down the street from where it was last year. It will be at the Home & Family ArtsBuilding at the corner of Maple and Marigold Streets. This year each division will have its own reception team, so not only should the line go faster, but you’ll be dealing with a reception team member from the division that built your RV.

At Service Reception, you’ll go over your list and get an estimated time when you can expect the service techs to come by. Please understand that these are estimates. The techs won’t stop working halfway through the job ahead of yours in order to come to you any more than they will stop halfway through yours to go to the next unit. The techs will call you before coming to work on your unit, so please plan to go out and participate in events and enjoy yourself rather than sitting around waiting. We typically have asked that the owner be present when the service techs are working on the unit. This year you'll be able -- but not required -- to sign a consent for the techs to work on or in your RV in your absence. However, in a case where there's a pet, we'll ask that the pet be caged or removed both for the techs' protection and to prevent the pet from accidentally escaping from the unit.
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:47 PM   #49
Moderator Emeritus

Is it too late to get a service request in? I'm trying to cool the fridge to load it up for the trip and it doesn't seem to be working on the 120v side. At least since being turned on last night it still hasn't cooled. I'm trying the 12v/propane side right now, but I'd rather run on 120 when I can so I'd like to see if they could look at while I'm there next week.

P.S. Yes, I checked the breakers. Yes I checked the fuses. Yes even the fuses on the control board behind the panel on the outside of the trailer.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:48 PM   #50
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
Is it too late to get a service request in? I'm trying to cool the fridge to load it up for the trip and it doesn't seem to be working on the 120v side. At least since being turned on last night it still hasn't cooled. I'm trying the 12v/propane side right now, but I'd rather run on 120 when I can so I'd like to see if they could look at while I'm there next week.

P.S. Yes, I checked the breakers. Yes I checked the fuses. Yes even the fuses on the control board behind the panel on the outside of the trailer.

You can update your service request Sunday at the service building headquarters located at the fairgrounds.

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:57 PM   #51
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
You can update your service request Sunday at the service building headquarters located at the fairgrounds.

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"

Didn't have an existing one, but I'll see if I can get on the list at registration. Thanks.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:59 PM   #52
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
Didn't have an existing one, but I'll see if I can get on the list at registration. Thanks.

You can make one then.

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:01 PM   #53
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Is your frig a Dometric? I had one that quit and all I had to do pull out a micro plug to reset the controls to compressor. It was on the back side control box next to glass fuze. Pulled the plug out of the circuit panel for a minute and plugged it back in. I think I had a trouble code on the temp screen when it happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:29 PM   #54

If you are coming to the rally makes no difference just put in a service request Sunday and they will try the best to accommodate you!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote