Old 08-12-2015, 05:49 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Fisherman View Post
From what I hear the "XLR Ghetto" are a very docile bunch.
Not sure which of the following might best represent the true "them".

Probably #2!

2014 XLR27HFS
2006 Ford F450 Dually Diesel

Old 08-12-2015, 05:57 PM   #32

We have two Harleys, two Gold Wings, two BMWs and an Arctic Cat, so we're well represented.

2014 XLR27HFS

Old 08-16-2015, 01:30 AM   #33
Site Team

We had service techs at our rig everyday Monday thru Friday. They checked out a possible delamination that wasn't. They fixed a screw poking through our floor. They fixed our front basement door that was catching on a screw. They shimmed up a loose basement door. They repaired a broken drawer and fixed our slide out seals. These were all taken care of on Monday. Domestic came by on Monday to assess my awning light repair as well. Monday night we discovered our tv had very poor reception compared to everyone else even with a batwing added on. I emailed my service manager and stopped by to put in a new request Tuesday morning. By Tuesday afternoon they were looking at it. It took them all Tuesday afternoon, most of Wednesday and all day Thursday (8 am til 6 pm) to run new coaxial cable throughout my unit. This entailed them taking down the underbelly, opening up the bathroom wall, opening up the AC vents and bathroom vent as well as opening up one of my basement walls. In the process they discovered my vents weren't properly taped off/sealed so they corrected that too. while the sabre techs were doing this, they had 4 guys out from dometic. My awning lights were warped so bad, they had to remove the awning to be able to force the lights off. It took 4 guys about 20 minutes to get the awning off, old lights out, awning back up and new lights installed. Yes that's right, there were 6 guys working on my trailer all at one time. Where else would you ever see that? A great quote from the rally, I forget which exec said it, but forest river wants us to "ask for the stars and be happy with the atmosphere". He also said, if we are unhappy, they want to know. If we are happy, they want us to spread the word. Now keep in mind during g all of this work we were able to use our unit, come and go, hang with friends and go in factory tours as well as local excursions or attend seminars. I was so busy doing other things, just never even Made the seminars. I do highly recommend doing a factory tour so you can see how a trailer or motorhome is made. I also highly recommend the pdi facility tour as well as the boat,bison and bbq tour. In addition to all of this, we made great friends. We also managed to get a set of OC's awning brackets and Turbs awning poles. Herk (Lou) installed them for us with a little help from Turbs. The camaraderie was great. Wish I could attend next year but I don't think it will happen due to job constraints.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 05:00 AM   #34
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkerm25 View Post
Do they provide this service even if your MH is out of warranty.?
They do indeed.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 07:19 PM   #35

Great Work

We were "First Timers" too. Our friends had told us about the Rally and all the work that would be done but, I am still amazed with what Forest River & FROG has done for us. What a wonderful thing it is to see a manufactuer that truly cares about it's owners. We are already making plans to attens next year.
Old 08-16-2015, 07:24 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
So glad the newbies are realizing what we've said all along! I'm quite confident that those who are at their first rally, are not at their last. Even the small rallies across the country are great. If you all get a chance, and you can corner FROGBob and Cindy for a moment when their not running around (nearly impossible this week), thank them for doing such a great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Caught Bob & Cindy together while we waitng for a bus. Thanked them both for all that they are doing for FROG.
Old 08-16-2015, 09:09 PM   #37

We did as well. Great experience and we'll be back too!

2014 XLR27HFS
Old 08-16-2015, 09:15 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezyhillfarm View Post
Those of us in the XLR ghetto with our motorcycles are going to form a "gang." We're thinking Wild Frogs. 😀

2014 XLR27HFS
Enjoyed camping next to you in the XRL ghetto! We are the most tame "Wild" anything I have ever met!
Honda ST1100
BMW R1100R
Linnemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 09:32 PM   #39

my thoughts exactly ,the tecks were great , FR was perpared for the work to be done, they fixed thing s my dealer
Old 08-17-2015, 07:34 AM   #40

didnt do or needed redoing

Tags
service