Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-27-2012, 05:47 PM   #1

Info requested on 2013 FROG rally...no response

Ten days ago I sent an email to frog@forestriverinc.com as follows: "As a new Sunseeker owner I'm planning to attend the 2013 rally. Do you have a list of events that are planned or will this be posted with the registration? How do I get info on the events and sign up for them? Also, will there be organized tours of the area, shuttles to the plants or will I be needing to drive myself for these? Will appreciate your information and looking forward to the rally." To date I have had no response. Is this typical? Brand new to Forest River and this forum as well as FROG and finding the lack of response discouraging.
Lou
biglou847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:09 PM   #2
Wanna Be Camper

Just to be clear, this forum is not part of Forest River Inc in any way and that being said. Bob is a very busy man with the planning of all the events he does for Forest River and may even be on the road. Infomation on the Indiana 2013 rally will be posted in January according to one of Bob's posts on here. When he does get the info out you will find everything you need to know will be available either though his posts here on FRF or on the forestriverfrog website. That is about all I can tell you as just a member of this forum and hopefully you don't get too frustrated waiting as it will be well worth your wait as we went to the 2012 rally and it was without doubt the best organized event we have ever been to thanks to Bob and his lovely wife Cindy..

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #3

Appreciate the response, thank you for the information. I'll wait to see what gets posted on the FROG site.
Lou
Old 12-27-2012, 06:47 PM   #4
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglou847 View Post
Ten days ago I sent an email to frog@forestriverinc.com as follows: "As a new Sunseeker owner I'm planning to attend the 2013 rally. Do you have a list of events that are planned or will this be posted with the registration? How do I get info on the events and sign up for them? Also, will there be organized tours of the area, shuttles to the plants or will I be needing to drive myself for these? Will appreciate your information and looking forward to the rally." To date I have had no response. Is this typical? Brand new to Forest River and this forum as well as FROG and finding the lack of response discouraging.
Lou
Big Lou, first welcome to Forest River and to FROG! I apologize if I missed getting a reply out to your e-mail.

We'll be posting a list of activities with the Rally registration form. We're looking at a couple of possible tours -- one to Auburn, IN to the Auburn / Cord / Duesenberg Museum, possibly one to Amish Acres for an Amish Thresher Dinner and a play at the Round Barn Theater on a night when we don't have dinner planned, possibly a revisit of the Amish Backroads Tour that was so popular last time. Transportation will be included in these, as well as in the factory tours. There are some plants that can't physically accomodate large tours, so some attendees arranged individual tours and drove themselves to these, and that will be possiible again this year.

There will be advance signups for the tours, as well as for service at the rally so that the service folks can get a jump on stockpiling required parts and making sure that the right folks are available from both our plants and, where needed, from component suppliers.

We're plannng to extend the Rally by either one or two nights, starting on Sunday and ending on Saturday night. There will still be dinners on most nights, breakfast most mornings, and live entertainment, along with factory service, an RV display, seminars, and a vendor area.

We're on the road right now in St. Louis, then on to Florida for the "Kick Back and Relax" Rally and the Tampa RV Super Show. We're also doing some FROG dinners in the St. Louis, Tampa, and Atlanta areas. E-mails will be going out on those shortly.

We're still working on the rally while on the road, and will be posting the details as quickly as we can.

And, John, thanks for the kind words. We did have a good time, didn't we?

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #5

Bob,
Thank you for the info, I appreciate it. This gives me a much better idea of what to expect and I'm looking forward to the event. I'll watch for the registration and other information.
Lou
Old 12-27-2012, 09:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglou847 View Post
Bob,
Thank you for the info, I appreciate it. This gives me a much better idea of what to expect and I'm looking forward to the event. I'll watch for the registration and other information.
Lou
Lou.......If you can.....Plan on attending the 2013 Goshen Rally. If it is anything close to last years it will be well worth your while.
We did some scheduled plant tours, some on our own, did a trip to Notre Dame, RV Hall of Fama and Museum and the Collage Football Hall of Fame on our own.
I promise A GREAT TIME WAS HAD BY ALL.....ok.....most all.
We will be there and glad that Bob Byrne is talking about extending the rally 1 or 2 nights.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:53 PM   #7

Rally

If you can do the rally last years was great. Tours were great, factory tour was very interesting. The factory techs doing repairs a great service. Thanks to bob for his hard work he does for FROG. Also welcome to the forum

Salem 27rls tt
2013 camped 46 days (5 days at rally)

geodavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:23 PM   #8

Last year's International rally was our first FROG event. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we signed up for the Las Vegas trip last year, and all three trip this year. FROG's are such wonderful people to be with and travel with. We have made a number of friends all around to country. Also, Bob and Cindy are wonderful hosts who do an excellent job of organizing all,the details of wonderful trips.
gbpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #9

Thanks for your comments. I signed up for the rally the day that registration was posted and am looking forward to it. Taking our bicycles too.
Lou