Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #1

Texas rally in Kerrville!

Our first Texas rally, I was hoping for 10-15 rigs, well this is the 2nd time I've called Buckhorn resort for more spaces, we are over 50 they are letting us have 65 spots, after that its a waiting list! So if your interested in coming..... I'd make a reservation soon! When you do please email me let me know how many is in your party, it also gives me a way to keep you informed of what's up.
Lori
Sa.Tx. Going frog wild!
Lorigirl10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #2

Awesome!!!!! Looking forward to meeting everyone!
2012 Chevy Avalanche LTZ
Nights camped in 2013: 22 and counting...
RVTexasYall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #3

Kerrville Texas Rally!

There are a few folks who have made reservations at Buckhorn lake Resort that did not call or email, that's ok, but I'm unable to contact you with any updates/ activities.

We are filling up fast, looks like we will have a waiting list.

Lori & Dan
Living frog wild in Texas!
Old 05-20-2013, 10:50 AM   #4

Looking Good

Glad to see the great response to the Kerrville rally. Did you see my message about the possible date for our spring rally at Ron Hoover Oasis Resort in LaMarque? My preference is the last weekend in March 2014. The school spring break season will be at an end, but Easter will still be several weeks away. The wildflowers should be in bloom, the birds migrating, and all the local attractions will be up and running with the kinks worked out of their operations. Read Susan Wittag Albert's new China Bayles novel, Widow's Tears, this weekend. It's a fast read and gives lots of information about the 1900 storm.

How many and what sort of optional activities are you planning? Possibilities in the Galveston County area - beyond exploring independently - could include a dinner cruise, winery tour, or show at the Grand Opera House. (We're going down in July to see Riders in the Sky! Saw Asleep at the Wheel last year.) Those are just a few off the top of my head. We may be able to get discount coupons for Schlitterbahn, Pleasure Pier, Kemah Board Walk, Space Center Houston, Moody Gardens, and other venues from the Convention and Visitors Bureau.
What sort of numbers are you setting up with the park/resort in Kerrville? Did they ask for any contracts, deposits, etc.?
Is your RV out of the shop yet? Our next trip will probably be the weekend of June 14. East Tex-LA Escapee group will be getting together for their monthly lunch so we'll probably take the trailer up and try out one of the parks around Onalaksa or Woodville.
Would love to hear from anyone reading this post with thoughts about the spring rally or places to meet up more informally between now and then.

Steph

randsborgman@gmail.com
Ray and Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #5

The only thing for me is your close to Spring break, and Easter , but the Ron hoover place looks great! For now we are planning a pot luck night, wine tour, movie night, catered meal night, big morning breakfast. Trying like my friend Bob S. said, just relax and let it happen.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #6
Now a "Top Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray and Steph View Post
Glad to see the great response to the Kerrville rally.
Would love to hear from anyone reading this post with thoughts about the spring rally or places to meet up more informally between now and then.

randsborgman@gmail.com
Sorry I won't be able to make the Kerrville rally. Just too much going on this year. And thanks for the heads up Steph on the LaMarque rally. I hadn't seen anything on it (guess I'm looking in the wrong place), but it is definitely closer and Spring Break/Easter isn't a show stopper for us.

Now, if FROG's out there are going to be at Braunig Lake RV Resort this coming weekend (Memorial Day weekend), let's hear from you. We'll be there visiting the chitlins/grand chitlins in San Antonio.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #7

Steph, how about Jamaica beach resort? We would love that! I want to go there.
Lori
Old 05-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #8

Jamaica Beach Resort in AWESOME!!!! Highly recommend!
2012 Chevy Avalanche LTZ
Nights camped in 2013: 22 and counting...
RVTexasYall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #9

Ron Hoover LaMarque more centrally located

There are several reasons why I've been working with Ron Hoover Oasis in LaMarque. The first is that they have indicated an interest in helping us out as sponsors beyond giving us rally pricing at the park. No details at this point, but I think this could possibly take the form of sponsoring a meal, providing goodies for drawings or door prizes, or possibly gift bag stuff. They indicated that it takes a minimum of ten units/20 people to make the organizational work of a rally worthwhile, but based on the response Lori is getting that doesn't look like it will be a problem.

The other reason I have gone with them so far is that they are more centrally located. Not everything of interest is on the Island. While Lone Star Flight Museum, Pleasure Pier, Opera House, historic homes and much more are on the island there is just as much on the Mainland. Examples include, but not limited to Space Center, Kemah Boardwalk, Haak Winery, Sea Center, Tanger Outlet Mall, Dog Track, Terminal Air Museum, etc. LaMarque is in the middle; it doesn't take long to get to any of those venues from there.
I will try to keep gathering information since we are so far out, but I wanted to get started so that folks like us, who can't make the October rally, have something to look forward to!
Ray and Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #10

Kerrville Tx. Rally!

FYI, just spoke with Buckhorn folks, we have 3 site available/ left, then they will take names for a waiting list. She indicated that they may add a few more sites, put will not commit right now.
I'm missing several email addresses, if your not sure if you call or emailed it would help if you did, that way as it gets closer to the date I can send out info.
Can't wait to meet all our new friends!

Lori
Loris1@satx.rr.com
Old 05-22-2013, 11:19 AM   #11

Lori, This is Bill Johnson from Splendora, TX. We have a site for the rally and look forward to meeting all in October. Our email is: whj77372@gmail.com Thank You
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #12

Kerrville TX Rally

Where can I find more info on the rally in Kerrville. I didn't even know there were rallies for Forest River owners. Will there be anything at the FMCA Gillette rally?
lsauer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:13 PM   #13
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsauer1 View Post
Where can I find more info on the rally in Kerrville. I didn't even know there were rallies for Forest River owners. Will there be anything at the FMCA Gillette rally?
There are a lot of threads here on the Forum about the various rallies and trips. At the top of the page, click on "Forest River Forums" and then scroll down to "The Rally Zone | FROG Events."

You can also go (and I recommend it highly) to the FROG website, www.forestriverfrog.com and click on "Events & Calendar" and on "FROG Rallies & Trips."

There are currently events scheduled in:

Branson, MO
Niagara Falls, ON
Goshen, IN (FROG International Rally)
Seaside, OR
Colorado Springs, CO
Grand Teton NP, WY
Yellowstone National Park, MT/WY
Black Hills (Hill City/Rapid City) SD
Xenia, OH
Kerrville, TX
Charleston, SC
Sarasota, FL (in planning)

And that's just between now and the end of the year. I expect that a few more will be added.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:03 PM   #14

Hey Lori, Tim and Tamara Cooper here. We emailed you last weekend with our confirmation before you changed to a new address so i thought i would give you our adress again incase it disappered into cyberspace. Lookin forward to our first rally. tandtcooper@embarqmail.com
tcoop48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:16 PM   #15

Is F.R.O.G. of Texas on Facebook?I found the F.R.O.G. group but not the Texas Group.
tcoop48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:52 PM   #16
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
Lori, Sheila & I are confirmed Oct 10-14 w/ Buckhorn. Thanks so much for puttin this thing together for all us FROGs & tadpoles. See you all in October.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #17

Please add us! Kathy and I signed up last week. I can't remember whether or not I told you. We've been just a tad busy with the sale of our home.
Duramax/Allison
Full timers since 5/30/2013
OL Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #18

just got reservations confirmed!

We are excited to be able to attend this rally in Kerrville. Such a beautiful hill country town!

May some of the ladies who quilt will want to take a trip to the Kerrville quilt shop: Creations of Kerrville, Texas: Great Stuff for Quilting and Sewing Enthusiasts

I think the reservation clerk said there are 68 reservations to date! How quickly this has all come together. Hopefully this will be the start of an annual event for TX!
lakebucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:39 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakebucky View Post
We are excited to be able to attend this rally in Kerrville. Such a beautiful hill country town!

May some of the ladies who quilt will want to take a trip to the Kerrville quilt shop: Creations of Kerrville, Texas: Great Stuff for Quilting and Sewing Enthusiasts

I think the reservation clerk said there are 68 reservations to date! How quickly this has all come together. Hopefully this will be the start of an annual event for TX!
I'm hoping so!
Lori
Old 06-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #20

Thanks to everybody that's coming to the Texas Frog rally! The response was way more than I anticipated! We are full, and there is now a waiting list, the next one will have to be able to hold at least 100 sites for the next one. As time gets closer I will send out emails to keep everyone informed of what's going on, there is going to be music, so if you play, bring what you got!

Lori