Old 08-19-2015, 01:23 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Vibe View Post
Did I miss something, theses guy's came in and changed the hoses and did it wrong and this was a great. Just shows how come we have so many issues with our trailers to me.
i hear what you are saying. i was at the frog ralley. the people that worked on his unit were the same people that build the units. you would think that they would know how to put them together. the lippert guy had to fix my unit also.

Old 08-23-2015, 07:21 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunn1976 View Post
i hear what you are saying. i was at the frog ralley. the people that worked on his unit were the same people that build the units. you would think that they would know how to put them together. the lippert guy had to fix my unit also.
I was told the folks were the service techs from the Service Department.
They are not the ones that work the lines for the trailers or motorhomes.
FROG Bob can you verify this information.
Anyway these service techs were great!

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 07:41 PM   #23
Director, FROG

Iggy, there was a mix of techs from the service centers and some from the production lines. As for Lippert, or other component suppliers, "having to" do a fix, several of our suppliers participate in the FROG Rally and step up to the plate when their components are involved in a repair. Dometic, Dexter, Dicor, Lionshead, ASA, and other suppliers are examples. It just makes sense for those who designed the components to be there to assist in the effort.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 08:17 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
Iggy, there was a mix of techs from the service centers and some from the production lines. As for Lippert, or other component suppliers, "having to" do a fix, several of our suppliers participate in the FROG Rally and step up to the plate when their components are involved in a repair. Dometic, Dexter, Dicor, Lionshead, ASA, and other suppliers are examples. It just makes sense for those who designed the components to be there to assist in the effort.

Thanks Bob for the information.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 08:19 PM   #25

Do you have someone from FR go from camper to camper and ask about 'problems' or do the owners of the units have to come forward. In order to get my blood pressure under control, I may just have to take a 'vacation' to Goshen and get this Hemisphere straightened out. The wife wants to keep the unit and in the same breath, pulls out a list of things to fix or make up grades to it. The last camping trip we ended up installing a house kitchen sink faucet fixture from a hardware store. (Yes the original was 'broken')

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 08:43 PM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
Do you have someone from FR go from camper to camper and ask about 'problems' or do the owners of the units have to come forward. In order to get my blood pressure under control, I may just have to take a 'vacation' to Goshen and get this Hemisphere straightened out. The wife wants to keep the unit and in the same breath, pulls out a list of things to fix or make up grades to it. The last camping trip we ended up installing a house kitchen sink faucet fixture from a hardware store. (Yes the original was 'broken')
After you sign up for the rally, there will be a service sheet available to fill out and send in to Bob. He then sends those on to the respective service departments so they can try to have the appropriate parts on hand. On the opening Sunday you then stop by the service office at the fairgrounds to review your issues with someone from your brand. You can add or take away at that point. Technically the cutoff was 5 or 6 items this year but some were able to be accommodated with more if service had time and ability to help them. While your trailer is being worked on at your site you can be there, be hanging with friends, go to seminars, or go on tours. We had a great time while they worked on our fiver. I highly recommend this vacation.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:45 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
I was told the folks were the service techs from the Service Department.
They are not the ones that work the lines for the trailers or motorhomes.
FROG Bob can you verify this information.
Anyway these service techs were great!
I went on a tour of the BERKSHIRE factory. I ask the manager where all of his people were. He said that they were all at the fair grounds working on our MH.

Tags
frog