Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #1

Meeting Spots in Florida

We're new to this. We still work, so weekends are our only outlet. Are there any meeting spots in central Florida?
b0vick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:52 PM   #2

new to frog. Looking to rally in fl ga sc were game.
woodsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:17 PM   #3

Also new. We may be gamed if available.
Gotago2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #4

I also work during the week and camp on the weekends as well.

I am camping at alot of the state parks via Reserveamerica.com

If any of you are intrested -

I have a trip planned to Rainbow Springs March 17th to March 22nd (daughter is on spring break) Site 18

I have a trip planned for Long Point Park (Near Sebastian Inlet) Easter Weekend
April 6th, 7th and 8th on Site 45

I am intrested in some sort of a group thing for camping trips - bad part is I am on call every 3rd weekend but I can work around that and I am in Saint Cloud / Kissimmee area
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:20 PM   #5

Thumbs up rvhavingfunyet

Last month did a week plus in ft. mccoy @lake oklawaha. Great place. Had old camper. Now new camper. Going to test her out @ laura walker St. Pk.
in Ga. Will be there the 16-18 mar and 23-25 mar. Late April on will be available.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:08 PM   #6

camping spots aprilFtslinch sp 4/20 wk end. May port 1st wk may. helen Ga. wk 14 jun. open to others.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:19 PM   #7

Woodsman, ever been to Kathryn Abbey Hanna park next to Mayport? I do not live that far from ya. I camp a lot locally. I will be away for work this month but May is looking like a good month for weekend trips.
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:56 PM   #8

Yes have camped there but not for several years. I like mayport. What other spots you loike local. May will be good. Have been looking for spot in may. Would be ideal to get several togeather from Fl. Ga.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
Yes have camped there but not for several years. I like mayport. What other spots you loike local. May will be good. Have been looking for spot in may. Would be ideal to get several togeather from Fl. Ga.
Sounds good to me. I have heard a lot of great things about Flamingo Lake RV Resort. A little more expensive then average but really nice from everyone that stayed.
Flamingo Lake R.V. Resort...Florida Camping at it's Best!

There are a couple other places I am researching like Osceola National Forest:
Osceola National Forest Campgrounds

If you make reservations out a ways, Anastasia state park in Saint Augustine and Fort Clinch State Park on Amelia Island are really nice also.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #10

Still interested. We are doing a mothers day thing at Fort Desoto in May. But I have no objections of heading north a couple hours or so. Are you staying on base at Mayport? Do they have a fam camp there? Where in Helen Ga. are you staying? Lots of campgrounds up there.

Went to St Augustine last week and stayed at Indian Forest Campground. Old, all dirt but nicely taken care of. DW wanted to do the outlets.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #11

Mayport does have a fam camp but not that nice. Right next to Mayport is Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park. I think it is on of the nicer parks around. Full hookups, hiking/biking trails, lake with non-motor boat rentals, fishing, beach on the Atlantic Ocean and more. It is around $33 a night. This is one one my favorite places due to everything available, always had room when I tried, descent price and all the things to do in the park.
COJ.net - Hanna Park
Old 04-02-2012, 05:59 PM   #12

Thank you Steelshark2. Good to know about Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park. I see there are several parks up in your neck of the woods.

Hopefully we can get a group of FROGs going.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:41 PM   #13

Sounds like a plan! How does everyone feel about setting up an event in June at Hanna Park? It will give a lot of time for everyone to plan. I can plan for a Fri-Sun but people can arrive early and or stay later. This far out, I may be able to reserve a row or two for everyone to be together.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #14

Steeleshark2 - I Love the fact that you are trying to get something together - unfortunatly with the price of gas at over $4 a gallon and Jacksonville is almost 4 hours away for me - I wouldnt be able to go this time around.

I am doing a two week trip to Pigeon Forge TN late July early August and been doing most of my camping within a 2 hour radius.

I am doing a trip to Long Point Park in Melbourne Beach this weekend
Old 04-02-2012, 08:28 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherdep View Post
Steeleshark2 - I Love the fact that you are trying to get something together - unfortunatly with the price of gas at over $4 a gallon and Jacksonville is almost 4 hours away for me - I wouldnt be able to go this time around.

I am doing a two week trip to Pigeon Forge TN late July early August and been doing most of my camping within a 2 hour radius.

I am doing a trip to Long Point Park in Melbourne Beach this weekend
Sorry to see that. I did happen to make it your way this past weekend. I went to Moss Park. If you have not been there, it is a really nice campground.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:36 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeleshark2 View Post
Sorry to see that. I did happen to make it your way this past weekend. I went to Moss Park. If you have not been there, it is a really nice campground.
I know exactly where that is too - only a 20 to 30 minute drive for me

my father keeps telling me I should camp there too - they do not camp there anymore cause they do not allow dogs there

I want to do a trip to Anastasia - I had one setup for Christmas but cancled cause my girlfriend wanted me to spend time with her for christmas - always another chance to go.
so I camped in Salt Springs where my parents live for a few days afterwards since I missed out on anastasia.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #17

WOW!!!! Great ideas. I will camp just about any where. My new problem is that many of the old campgrounds have to be dropped. Spaces to narrow or short. I have been to Osceola national forest area. Great places. Want to try out new areas around patrick air base south. Like to try out tampa area.
I go to Helen Ga. cause YONAH Mt. campground is home park. Helen has great activities during the summer cheap!!!!
Has anyone been to St Josephs Peninsula State Park , this is a great place.
Any weekend after may 7th thru June 11th we are open. Like the idea of FROG group camping.We are mostly weekend campers. Flamingo Lake is right around the corner we have two free nights of camping.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:51 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
WOW!!!! Great ideas. I will camp just about any where. My new problem is that many of the old campgrounds have to be dropped. Spaces to narrow or short. I have been to Osceola national forest area. Great places. Want to try out new areas around patrick air base south. Like to try out tampa area.
I go to Helen Ga. cause YONAH Mt. campground is home park. Helen has great activities during the summer cheap!!!!
Has anyone been to St Josephs Peninsula State Park , this is a great place.
Any weekend after may 7th thru June 11th we are open. Like the idea of FROG group camping.We are mostly weekend campers. Flamingo Lake is right around the corner we have two free nights of camping.
I have heard Fort Desoto is an awesome place - never been but every time I have gone to see about making reservations - there's no space so which tells me that it is a popular place
Old 04-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #19

park on sat is great. Looks like a trip in progress. Ft Clinch took years to get bch sit. Have one finally on 4/20/12. Count me in on Desoto. How do you get the reservations ? All I saw was phone #.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #20

You make reservations thru Pinellas county for FT Desoto. And yes you have to make them months ahead of time as it is a popular place. We made ours for Mothers day weekend two months ago.

https://pubtitles.co.pinellas.fl.us/parks/ParksMain.jsp