Indeed Ron, you will bite...several times I suspect!
OK ABT = Atomic Buffalo Tur...Um...Thingies, yeah Thingies THAT's THE TICKET!
20 Fresh Jalapenos (Straight peppers work best)
40 Large uncooked shrimp
or if folks do not like seafood
½ Lb cooked hamburger)
1 Pkg. Cream Cheese (8 oz.)
2 Lbs. thin Bacon or 1 strip per ABT
- Cut the Jalapenos in half, remove seeds and try to preserve the stem (It will become a handle LOL)
- If using shrimp, stuff the pepper with cream cheese and put a shrimp on top
- If using hamburger, mix with softened cream cheese and refrigerate until firm then stuff the pepper with the mixture
- Wrap the pepper with a strip of bacon. If you wrap tightly you will not need a toothpick to hold together.
- Some recipes recommend putting the ABTs directly on the grill - I like a cookie sheet because it is easier to remove them when done. I use grill mesh to elevate them for smoking
- Put the peppers on the Traeger preheated to 225º and smoke for 2 hours or until the bacon is cooked.
This is BBQ Crack Ron, you just CAN’T eat one!
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013
• 2015 - 56
• Jul 2016 - Fulltime •