Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2015, 09:35 PM   #461
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Westilover, empty your pm's. Trying to message you.
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 09:46 PM   #462
Senior Member
 
SilhouettePenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 957
18 degrees in Tennessee this morning, sounds like good weather to recon Nashville Shores and report to the phrog phest attendees. All sites are concrete with plenty of grass and not too close to each other if you have a back in site. #20 - 49 have a four foot drop off to the lake which I suppose justifies the four foot tall chain link fence for liability purposes. If you fisher-people walk down past site #49 then beyond the horse shoe and shuffle board area you walk out onto a piece of land that looks good for drowning worms. Beyond that is the beach area. Plenty of water slide opportunities (additional cost) plus the construction crew was assembling another Family Raft Water Slide "Big Kahuna" to open during this season. Water park hours are 10am-8pm then things should quiet down so the campers can get unruly. Campers are fenced off from the water park crowd so they won't be passing thru the sites. Behind #20 is a small bridge access to the jet ski rentals. Beyond that (to the east) might be some good fishing also. Easy access off Interstate 40, exit 221B coming out of Nashville & 221 coming westbound from Knoxville. Fuel, food and supplies available at the exit. Good signage and good roads less than five minutes to the park entrance. RVs keep far to the right for entry at the first gate, park on right at bottom of hill to register, then keep left into the campground. Fenced in pooch park between office and sites.
__________________

__________________
2017 F350 Dually 6.7 Diesel
2014 Silhouette 299 RKDS
Nights Camped 2016 - 43

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 10:00 PM   #463
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
SYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burton, MI.
Posts: 4,116
Thanks for the recon
__________________
Scott & Vicki
2018 Silverado 3500HD Dually 6.6L Duramax/Allison
2018 Columbus 366RL 1492 Edition
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79 Nights Camped 2018 4 nights reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 10:01 PM   #464
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilhouettePenny View Post
18 degrees in Tennessee this morning, sounds like good weather to recon Nashville Shores and report to the phrog phest attendees. All sites are concrete with plenty of grass and not too close to each other if you have a back in site. #20 - 49 have a four foot drop off to the lake which I suppose justifies the four foot tall chain link fence for liability purposes. If you fisher-people walk down past site #49 then beyond the horse shoe and shuffle board area you walk out onto a piece of land that looks good for drowning worms. Beyond that is the beach area. Plenty of water slide opportunities (additional cost) plus the construction crew was assembling another Family Raft Water Slide "Big Kahuna" to open during this season. Water park hours are 10am-8pm then things should quiet down so the campers can get unruly. Campers are fenced off from the water park crowd so they won't be passing thru the sites. Behind #20 is a small bridge access to the jet ski rentals. Beyond that (to the east) might be some good fishing also. Easy access off Interstate 40, exit 221B coming out of Nashville & 221 coming westbound from Knoxville. Fuel, food and supplies available at the exit. Good signage and good roads less than five minutes to the park entrance. RVs keep far to the right for entry at the first gate, park on right at bottom of hill to register, then keep left into the campground. Fenced in pooch park between office and sites.
Great info!

TURBS
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 10:09 PM   #465
Senior Member
 
speedcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lexington, Ky
Posts: 446
Thanks for the scouting report!. I'm envisioning summer temps and good times with phrog phrinds. For those wondering what to do before heading to Goshen stick around a couple of days. I'm booked in all of the following week. I'm counting on getting familiar with the beach, water park and a cool breeze under in the shade with my favorite adult beverage in hand...ahhh...good times
__________________
2013 Sabre 36QBOK
2008 Ford F350 King Ranch CC DRW 6.4l, 4.10 diff
B&W companion
Airlift system/on board compressor

speedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 12:00 AM   #466
Senior Member
 
mike618's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 213
Thanks for the scouting report, looking forward to being your neighbor for a weekend SilhouettePenny
__________________
Mike and Mary

2014 Flagstaff 831RKBSS
2001 Suburban 2500/6.0
1999 Chevy 2500/6.0
mike618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 05:46 AM   #467
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,625
Thanks for all that great information. Now if winter would ever get over we will get camping fever again. Boy Nashville got hit hard this year. Is it always like that during winter?.... But it is really weird this year all over, got the most snow in 10 years here in Clarksville two nights ago 8". Will this winter ever end? Now they say 67 for Sunday....
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 07:39 AM   #468
Senior Member
 
CAT-RN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 6,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Thanks for all that great information. Now if winter would ever get over we will get camping fever again. Boy Nashville got hit hard this year. Is it always like that during winter?.... But it is really weird this year all over, got the most snow in 10 years here in Clarksville two nights ago 8". Will this winter ever end? Now they say 67 for Sunday....

Yep it will end!! Then we will get to wonder when that high humidity & 95 degree heat will end. But as I get older I find it easier to hid from the heat. Hard to hid from the snow short of leaving home.

Russell
__________________
CAT-RN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:19 AM   #469
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 18
Please post some info when? Where? Etc. I have a 2013 forester and am interested. What is the name of your club and contact info. I live in the Nashville area
__________________
senior3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:26 AM   #470
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by senior3 View Post
Please post some info when? Where? Etc. I have a 2013 forester and am interested. What is the name of your club and contact info. I live in the Nashville area
At this time we have booked all our sites.
We are working with the campground to secure some more but the cg office has been closed due to the weather you all have been having down there.

Otherwise all the info you'll need is in the first post.
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
frog

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:50 PM.