Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2015, 09:20 AM   #1281

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Glenn you need to Count Agin the # of (Distilleries in KY)! You CANT make All the Stops on the (Bourbon Trail) in 1 or 2 Days! Youroo!!
All I care about are the good ones like Maker's Mark and Wild Turkey. I think they have 9 now. They have web site with maps and everything, more then I want to know. I think I read you are only allowed to buy 3 bottles per day. look up Kentucky's bourbon trail if you have time. And why are you not coming to Nashville anyway?

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:22 AM   #1282

Send a message via AIM to B and B
x2
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:33 AM   #1283

Do we have a schedule? I have read about catered meal, potluck, band, cornhoe tourney, raffle, etc. have I missed when these events are happening?
TN2TRAVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:36 AM   #1284
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2TRAVEL View Post
Do we have a schedule? I have read about catered meal, potluck, band, cornhoe tourney, raffle, etc. have I missed when these events are happening?
I'm working on an official schedule.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "2 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:49 AM   #1285

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
All I care about are the good ones like Maker's Mark and Wild Turkey. I think they have 9 now. They have web site with maps and everything, more then I want to know. I think I read you are only allowed to buy 3 bottles per day. look up Kentucky's bourbon trail if you have time. And why are you not coming to Nashville anyway?
Glen who do you think (Blazed) the Bourbon Trail? They offer (Case Discounts) so the (3) bottles will not Fly! Using your rational we also Visit the (BAD Ones) also! Otherwise we couldn't rate (MM and WT) one-way or the other! In regards to (Why) we would have to cross the (Mason-Dixon Line and the (Bourbon Trail) as well as the (Trail of Tears) to reach Nashville! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:50 AM   #1286

Quote:
Glen who do you think (Blazed) the Bourbon Trail? They offer (Case Discounts) so the (3) bottles will not Fly! Using your rational we also Visit the (BAD Ones) also! Otherwise we couldn't rate (MM and WT) one-way or the other! In regards to (Why) we would have to cross the (Mason-Dixon Line and the (Bourbon Trail) as well as the (Trail of Tears) to reach Nashville! Youroo!!
This is from the bourbon trail web site below. "Can you buy Bourbon at the distilleries?"
"Under Kentucky law, visitors can purchase up to three liters per customer, per day at the gift shop." I can only tell you the law and what I read, but when did you ever follow the law...... using your rational I would end up in jail. You do not need to do the whole trail of #9 unless you want a tee shirt sent to you after you send your passport to them. Pretty good gimmick to help out the rot gut ones. Now I wounder if they give you a free GET OUT OF JAIL CARD...

Old 04-18-2015, 12:10 PM   #1287

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
I'm working on an official schedule.

TURBS
2015 camping "2 nights"
Thanks for everyone putting in the hard work one this one. Really looking forward to it
TN2TRAVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 12:12 PM   #1288
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2TRAVEL View Post
Thanks for everyone putting in the hard work one this one. Really looking forward to it
Your welcome!
I hope everyone has a great time!

TURBS
2015 camping "2 nights"
Old 04-18-2015, 05:34 PM   #1289

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombDoc View Post
Simcha,
I'd like a pic of site 33 if it ain't too much to ask fellow Sabre owner
Here is Site#33 somewhat from a distance. I didn't want to get too close because I was not sure how wise to the ways of FROG Culture the current occupant is. Also I was getting a funny look.
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 06:00 PM   #1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
As tim said "carry on"

What are your travels between there and here in the next two months?

TURBS
2015 camping "2 nights"
Ron...We plan on leaving Nashville Shores tomorrow for about a week in the Pigeon Forge areas visiting Dolly and some old friends who leave near by. We will then make a stop near Lexington KY for a few days before hooking up with the Tadpole Rally in Rising Sun, IN the 1st weekend in May. We plan to return home about a week after that.

Once home we will have a quick 3 week refitting and restocking turn around to get reading for the next trip to Colorado (by way of Davenport, IA) around May 30. We are still planning on making contact with you then and will communicate further as the time gets closer and the plans firmer.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:01 PM   #1291
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimchaSabre View Post
Ron...We plan on leaving Nashville Shores tomorrow for about a week in the Pigeon Forge areas visiting Dolly and some old friends who leave near by. We will then make a stop near Lexington KY for a few days before hooking up with the Tadpole Rally in Rising Sun, IN the 1st weekend in May. We plan to return home about a week after that.

Once home we will have a quick 3 week refitting and restocking turn around to get reading for the next trip to Colorado (by way of Davenport, IA) around May 30. We are still planning on making contact with you then and will communicate further as the time gets closer and the plans firmer.
Sounds good!

TURBS
2015 camping "2 nights"
Old 04-18-2015, 06:16 PM   #1292
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
All I can say is Liquor Barn!!!
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 06:20 PM   #1293

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
This is from the bourbon trail web site below. "Can you buy Bourbon at the distilleries?"
"Under Kentucky law, visitors can purchase up to three liters per customer, per day at the gift shop." I can only tell you the law and what I read, but when did you ever follow the law...... using your rational I would end up in jail. You do not need to do the whole trail of #9 unless you want a tee shirt sent to you after you send your passport to them. Pretty good gimmick to help out the rot gut ones. Now I wounder if they give you a free GET OUT OF JAIL CARD...
Glen Glen you must remember there are (2) of us (2x3=6) that is a CASE! Then on to the Next Distillery! Hey they will Never take Me Alive! Camp On! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 06:51 PM   #1294
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Here is Site#33 somewhat from a distance. I didn't want to get too close because I was not sure how wise to the ways of FROG Culture the current occupant is. Also I was getting a funny look.

Simcha, thanks but I don't see a pic.
2016-(32) 2017-(13) 2018-(20) 2019-0
BombDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 07:11 PM   #1295
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Lol i thought it was just me.

TURBS
2015 camping "2 nights"
Old 04-18-2015, 07:53 PM   #1296

Quote:
oops. I guess it didn't load the first time. #33 in directly below that Inferno Toy Hauler. Nice long, lake view site.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P4180050.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	324.8 KB
ID:	74642  
Old 04-18-2015, 08:08 PM   #1297

Nashville Shores General Observations

Here are a few comments on Nashville Shores CG for what they may be worth (which may be nothing):

We've been here for 4 nights and plan on leaving in the morning and overall we've liked our stay. We were looking for a nice FHU CG relatively close to the Nashville sites but yet outside of town and this fit the bill very well. (about 15 min to SoBro) and when I saw that it was chosen for the Frog Phest, I figured it must be ok.

The staff and campers have all been friendly. Keep in mind the water park is not yet open which is why we are enjoying the pre season discount.

Only a few minor negatives to report and to be prepared for. As BombDoc can attest to, the internet is weak and intermittent, but so far only an issue trying to upload/download data.

Watch for the speed bumps, especially when pulling your rigs. They call for 5 MPH, but even that is too fast.

We've had to deal with many construction vehicles because the park is doing some improvements, but that should be ok by the times you guys arrive. It looks like they are adding some new large ride because you can see the parts spread out over the parking lot in large, but manageable size pieces.

Also we were pretty impressed with the cleanliness of the laundry. Much better than most.

I'll post some more if I think of anything, but I think you guys will like it here.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:10 PM   #1298
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Wow nice recon!

TURBS
2015 camping "2 nights"
Old 04-18-2015, 08:21 PM   #1299
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Here are a few comments on Nashville Shores CG for what they may be worth (which may be nothing):

We've been here for 4 nights and plan on leaving in the morning and overall we've liked our stay. We were looking for a nice FHU CG relatively close to the Nashville sites but yet outside of town and this fit the bill very well. (about 15 min to SoBro) and when I saw that it was chosen for the Frog Phest, I figured it must be ok.

The staff and campers have all been friendly. Keep in mind the water park is not yet open which is why we are enjoying the pre season discount.

Only a few minor negatives to report and to be prepared for. As BombDoc can attest to, the internet is weak and intermittent, but so far only an issue trying to upload/download data.

Watch for the speed bumps, especially when pulling your rigs. They call for 5 MPH, but even that is too fast.

We've had to deal with many construction vehicles because the park is doing some improvements, but that should be ok by the times you guys arrive. It looks like they are adding some new large ride because you can see the parts spread out over the parking lot in large, but manageable size pieces.

Also we were pretty impressed with the cleanliness of the laundry. Much better than most.

I'll post some more if I think of anything, but I think you guys will like it here.

Thanks for the info and for the pic!!! Wish you guys could make it. Safe travels to you and yours!
2016-(32) 2017-(13) 2018-(20) 2019-0
BombDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:31 PM   #1300

Quote:
Thanks for the info and for the pic!!! Wish you guys could make it. Safe travels to you and yours!
Top Notch spot for our fearless leader. Look's great, even I can back into that. Just make sure April stops you before the lake. Unless them Sabers can float to.....

Tags
frog