Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2015, 01:33 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
B and B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wilmot Twp, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 8,604
Nashville to Goshen

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Give Beth a hug for us Rennie. Ya'll are in our thoughts and prayers.

Anne-Marie & I are looking forward to seeing you two at Nashville! And then on to Goshen in whatever capacity (although with 700+ rigs and pre-registration being closed this morning I suspect they will need every volunteer they can get )

Goshen is just over 400 Miles from Nashville - a rather long pull, especially if we convoy which would be awesome to see if we had 10 or so rigs!!

*Shrug* It's doable if we leave out early. For me, I would prefer a overnight on the way.

The route we took last year was great until we left the interstate at Ft Wayne LOL.

Any route suggestions appreciated!!

As for stopovers -
Bowling Green: Corvette Museum & Plant tour (Would make for a long pull the next day though)
Along the way in IN, only place I am familiar with is Camp Atterbury - but you have to have a military ID to stay there

And wherever we go, do NOT Camp at the KOA in Jeffersonville! We stayed there once and were so close to our neighbors we could not out our awning out

Seems like a good caravan plan would be to find something that is just over 200 MI from the Nashville CG - anyone familiar with Indiana speak up!
I agree on over night stop, it is after all a Vacation!! BTW not being Military or ex Military is zero dark thirty a specific time or a drink served to Phrogs?
__________________

__________________
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 01:38 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,320
Here is a spot Timberline Valley RV Resort and MapQuest said 5 hours & 13 minutes from Nashville then 2.5 hours from there to Goshen. Keep in mind I look for campgrounds to accommodate our big rig but I am flexible. Last year we came from just above Bowling Green and it was close to a 7 hour trip with only one bathroom stop.
__________________

__________________
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 02:58 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 6,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
I agree on over night stop, it is after all a Vacation!! BTW not being Military or ex Military is zero dark thirty a specific time or a drink served to Phrogs?
HAHA Brian Maybe it is a drink - we will have to see

In military terms though, it is slang for anytime after midnight and before dawn e.g. "We got up at zero dark thirty this morning for PT (Physical Training)."

The Movie Zero Dark Thirty took its name from the fact that UBL's compound was raided in the pre-dawn hours.

You think us former SF folks have oddball slang? You should her the Navy and Marines

Who really wants to go to the bathroom in "The Head"
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 03:05 PM   #4
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
[QUOTE=HSVBamaBob;862302]HAHA Brian Maybe it is a drink - we will have to see

In military terms though, it is slang for anytime after midnight and before dawn e.g. "We got up at zero dark thirty this morning for PT (Physical Training)."

The Movie Zero Dark Thirty took its name from the fact that UBL's compound was raided in the pre-dawn hours.

You think us former SF folks have oddball slang? You should her the Navy and Marines

Who really wants to go to the bathroom in "The Head" [/QUOTE Perverts maybe!
__________________
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 03:20 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 6,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Here is a spot Timberline Valley RV Resort and MapQuest said 5 hours & 13 minutes from Nashville then 2.5 hours from there to Goshen. Keep in mind I look for campgrounds to accommodate our big rig but I am flexible. Last year we came from just above Bowling Green and it was close to a 7 hour trip with only one bathroom stop.
Soooo in deference to OC, back on task

We saw a sign for that CG when we were coming back from MI this week. Looks like a NICE CG, and all the water activities will be a welcome relief from the summer heat

Now the question is, how many are going to caravan up to Goshen...if it turns out to be 3+ rigs, we should contact the CG and see if they can accommodate us.

So, roll call...who is going to Goshen after Phrog Music?
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 03:54 PM   #6
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Nashville to Goshen

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Give Beth a hug for us Rennie. Ya'll are in our thoughts and prayers.

Anne-Marie & I are looking forward to seeing you two at Nashville! And then on to Goshen in whatever capacity (although with 700+ rigs and pre-registration being closed this morning I suspect they will need every volunteer they can get )

Goshen is just over 400 Miles from Nashville - a rather long pull, especially if we convoy which would be awesome to see if we had 10 or so rigs!!

*Shrug* It's doable if we leave out early. For me, I would prefer a overnight on the way.

The route we took last year was great until we left the interstate at Ft Wayne LOL.

Any route suggestions appreciated!!

As for stopovers -
Bowling Green: Corvette Museum & Plant tour (Would make for a long pull the next day though)
Along the way in IN, only place I am familiar with is Camp Atterbury - but you have to have a military ID to stay there

And wherever we go, do NOT Camp at the KOA in Jeffersonville! We stayed there once and were so close to our neighbors we could not out our awning out

Seems like a good caravan plan would be to find something that is just over 200 MI from the Nashville CG - anyone familiar with Indiana speak up!
Caravans suck....nobody travels at the same speed, nobody wants or needs to stop at the same places, nobody want's to change someone else's tire, and I could go on and on. If I'm capable of getting from here to there, then I can the rest the same way....I'm not anti-social....just done that, been there.
__________________
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 03:54 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,320
Nashville to Goshen

So who is going from Nashville to Goshen? we can use this thread to plan our convoy.
__________________
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 04:25 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 6,987
HA HA you beat be to it! Let me go delete my duplicate topic 😜


Sent from my iPad Air using FRF App for iOS
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 04:53 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 6,987
Anne-Marie and I are with you and Beth Renie!

And [to Bob S.] if we organize and have a known endpoint CG for the day, you can at least start out in Caravan. If you decided to split off for whatever reason, we'll see you at the CG that evening 😃

I DO recommend everyone caravaning have a radio - suggest a FRS because they are less expensive than a CB And those of us with FRS can loan any extra handsets to other rigs for the trip to Goshen.

Even if you are not interested in caravaning all the way, we could arrange a rally point close to Goshen, meet there and arrive en masse 👍(believe a lot of the Cardinal owners group did that last year)





Sent from my iPad Air using FRF App for iOS
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 05:01 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Indymule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 503
Seems like a good caravan plan would be to find something that is just over 200 MI from the Nashville CG - anyone familiar with Indiana speak up! [/QUOTE]

there is a nice county owned campground just north of Indianapolis "White river campground" indiana.

All the sites are concrete pads right along the White River. Great place for a stop over. Make reservations, it fills up fast.
__________________

__________________
Jay & Maria - Camp Dogs Jackson & Joplin
2015 Rockwood 2604WS Emerald
Hensley Arrow hitch
2015 Ford F350 Crewcab Lariat Diesel
Ham Callsign K9NDY
Indymule is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 PM.