Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2011, 03:29 PM   #1

Northeast oklahoma frogs

Just got home from having lunch with Ron and Carolyn Burkleo and Don and Shirley Breed and Bob and Nancy Schorfheide at Applebees in Broken Arrow, Ok. today.
Great lunch and chit chat about our rally in Branson, our rigs, world issues, and planning a couple more camping trips. We got everything solved except the world issues.
We are planning a trip to MarVal campground near Gore, Oklahoma from June 8 to 12, and a trip to Natural Falls State Park in July near West Siloam Springs, OK. Dates to be determined.
If anyone else is interested in joining us or anyone has questions about FROG please just holler at us and we will try to help.
After lunch we stopped at the local Lowes...where I retired 10/10/10 and found another FROG flag...That we HAD to have.
Bob and Nancy Schorfheide
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0146.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	5870   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0148.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	5871  
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 03:34 PM   #2

Neoklahoma frogs

Went to Daves Claremore RV's today for their 32nd anniversary and talked to some of the folks about our lunch on Wednesday and plans for outings in June and July.

They are excited about the group being formed and suggested that they want to be involved with us.

Anyone wanting to be involved with an outing June 8 to 12 at MarVal RV Resort near Gore...or...an outing to Natural Falls State Park in July...PLEASE just holler and we will help you get involved.

Bob and Nancy Schorfheide
Old 05-23-2011, 02:02 PM   #3

NE Oklahoma FROG Rally July 20 to 24

Hi folks. I have just talked to folks at Natural Falls State Park.....6 miles west of West Siloam Springs, OK. just off of HY 412.
I have blocked out 6 sites, 2 with full hook ups (#5 and#6), 2 pull thrus, (#23 and #24) and 2 others with Elect and water only (#33 and #34). We also will have use of the meeting room on Wednesday evening for no charge. I have reserved #5 site for myself.
If you want to join in...either go to www.oklahomacampers.com/parks drop down to Natural Falls Park, and you can click on the park map link; or just call 918-422-5802 to make your reservation.
All of the 6 sites are in the northeast corner of the park...just across the street form one another.If we have more than 6 rigs they will help get others as close as they can.
Just as a heads up.....Brandy...the young lady I talked to said they did not have any damage from the Monday night storms that hit that part of the state.
Looking forward to seeing all of the folks that have said they will come and any other FROGS that might join us.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:00 PM   #4

NE Oklahoma FROG Rally July 20 to 24

Bob and Nancy ...reserved site 5
Ron and Carolyn...reserved site 6

Who's next??
Old 05-23-2011, 08:33 PM   #5

We just checked my wife's work schedule and she is scheduled to work both of those weekends!

If something changes or if she is able to get one of those weekends off we will try to join in. If we are able to do so, we would probably be able to make it Friday afternoon through Sunday.

We took our two oldest grand daughters to MarVal last year and they loved it. It's great for kids and they're everywhere so keep an eye out.

We haven't been to Natural Falls, but I have heard good things about that campground.

I'm working on the fall rally for Sept or Oct. Hopefully I'll have a campground picked out with all information by the end of this week. RV Guy asked me to get one started for the PT owners, but this rally will be open to all FRF members and when I get some details posted I hope we get a good resposne from PT owners and FRF members.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:44 PM   #6

Good deal Gary. We have a big trip to N. Carolina and Florida in Sept and Oct...But if we are in town we would love to join in your outing.

BOB

PS...Feel free to join us anytime during the July 20 to 24 outing.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:44 PM   #7

Sorry we can't make this one BOB we enjoyed your company immensly and I need to hear some TP jokes, anyhow we are due to head south again in about a month, Washington, Oregon and not sure where so if there are any meets nearby we will try to join (nearby being less than 14000kms you know we like to impress folks)

We hope you get a great turn out!

2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280ws 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Diesel 2000 Honda S2000
Nigels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:14 AM   #8

Don & Shirley--------reserved site 23
popbreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:52 AM   #9

Thanks Don...Enjoy your trip south this week.

By the way.....The NE OKLAHOMA FROGS is my idea because of the 3 of us that met last week for lunch are from NE Oklahoma.
We would have no problem if we had folks show up from Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas,or even Texas. Then between us we could come up with a different name for our group.

Thanks all. BOB
Old 05-24-2011, 06:37 PM   #10

Washington & Oregon in June

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigels View Post
Sorry we can't make this one BOB we enjoyed your company immensly and I need to hear some TP jokes, anyhow we are due to head south again in about a month, Washington, Oregon and not sure where so if there are any meets nearby we will try to join (nearby being less than 14000kms you know we like to impress folks)

We hope you get a great turn out!
Hi Nigel & Bev,

Richard and I will be in Oregon (around the Portland area) for a few weeks in mid-June. Our oldest daughter is expecting our first grandson at the end of June. We'll be camping at various locations in that area and would love to meet up with you two if you're anywhere near there. Just let us know...

Candice & Richard Stroope
1957 Dodge D100, 315 Poly
Liberty Hill, TX
52Dodgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:40 PM   #11

Our thoughts and prayers go out to our Oklahoma FROGs as tornadoes pass through their state this afternoon. Please let us know that you are all safe as soon as you can.

Richard and Candice
Liberty Hill, TX
Old 05-24-2011, 07:14 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Dodgeman View Post
Our thoughts and prayers go out to our Oklahoma FROGs as tornadoes pass through their state this afternoon. Please let us know that you are all safe as soon as you can.

Richard and Candice
The storms haven't reached us here in eastern OK, yet. They are headed this way and should be here in an hour or two.

They have already produced several tornandos in central OK. My sister along with my niece and her family live SW of OKC. I just found out both of them have extensive tornado damage to their houses, but everyone is okay.

Stay safe everyone.

P.S. Just heard on the tv, 7 deaths in central OK.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:21 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Dodgeman View Post
Hi Nigel & Bev,

Richard and I will be in Oregon (around the Portland area) for a few weeks in mid-June. Our oldest daughter is expecting our first grandson at the end of June. We'll be camping at various locations in that area and would love to meet up with you two if you're anywhere near there. Just let us know...

Candice & Richard Stroope
Hi, great idea we should be heading south in about three weeks time, I will PM you with our whereabouts, when we know our whereabouts if you know what I mean Thanks, for the post.

2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280ws 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Diesel 2000 Honda S2000
Old 05-24-2011, 07:28 PM   #14

Just got in from a day out and saw your posts and news on TV, our prayers go out to you guys in OK. and all the mid west for that matter.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:01 PM   #15

Bob and all, we would love to join you for this get together but unfortunatley we will either still be out west or on our way home. Maybe we can make it next time.

Rich and Candice
Liberty Hill, TX
Old 05-27-2011, 08:07 AM   #16

Decided to join in at Natural Falls for July 21, 22, 23 . Called and left a message trying to get site #24. I'm not sure if my wife can make it or not, but decided to join in with or without her!
Old 05-27-2011, 09:24 PM   #17

Confirmed site #24. Look forward to seeing everyone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Entrance.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	6001   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sunrise.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	6002   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bench On Trail.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	6003   Click image for larger version

Name:	Walkway.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	6004   Click image for larger version

Name:	Falls IIII.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	6005  

Old 05-28-2011, 10:02 AM   #18

We are all OK here in Wagoner, OK. Small one went thru about 1/2 mile south of us. We had 10 people in the underground shelter Tues night at 9:30. Local sirens were blaring and TV weather pinpointed the path. 10 minutes in the shelter and TV stated it was now on the eastern side of Wagoner. Whew. Only the third time in 11 years we had the shelter door closed and locked.
popbreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 04:27 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by popbreed View Post
We are all OK here in Wagoner, OK. Small one went thru about 1/2 mile south of us. We had 10 people in the underground shelter Tues night at 9:30. Local sirens were blaring and TV weather pinpointed the path. 10 minutes in the shelter and TV stated it was now on the eastern side of Wagoner. Whew. Only the third time in 11 years we had the shelter door closed and locked.
Good to hear you are all OK. Our hearts go out to those who were not to lucky.
Liberty Hill, TX
Old 05-28-2011, 05:43 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBFIDY View Post
By the way.....The NE OKLAHOMA FROGS is my idea because of the 3 of us that met last week for lunch are from NE Oklahoma.
We would have no problem if we had folks show up from Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas,or even Texas. Then between us we could come up with a different name for our group.

Thanks all. BOB
I kind of like this;
Missouri
Oklahoma
Kansas
Arkansas
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by popbreed View Post
Glad you guys are safe and were spared any damage. Same for us as well

I spent yesterday at my sister's just north of Blanchard. It's still questionable whether her house can be saved or not. The insurance adjuster came out and said they had classified the tornado as an EF4. I can believe it after seeing everything first hand. Part of living room wall is gone after a cedar tree was thrown through it. A couple of doors do not shut or open correctly, whereas they did before. Leaves, limbs, dirt, glass and all kinds of debris alll through her house. Some furniture and items broken and some not? About every window was out or broken. Her roof has holes in it. Gutter on all sides is damaged. Every tree that was left had massive damage to them. All her fencing and barn is gone.
The path of the tornado went between my sister and my niece's houses. My niece lives about 200 yards to the west and 100 yards to north of my sister. I'm not sure yet, but I believe my niece will have to rebuild. Besides other damgae, the roof was picked up, then set back down and two walls of the garage were caved in on their cars.
In a pasture to the S.W. (before the tornado you couldn't see this pasture because of the trees between) you could easily see the path as it sucked up the grass and dirt. Several house north of my sister were completely gone.
NO ONE WAS INJURED!!! Everyone heeded the warnings and took shelter or left the area.

Volunteers from my sister's church came out and cleaned about 75% of her yard, approx 1½ acres, and boarded up all her windows, They also covered the holes in her roof and she already has a brand new garage door. It took them 2 long days. They provided all the materials as well. There were volunteers and neighbors everywhere helping each other providing a helping hand, food, clothing blankets and just about anything else you can imagine. Gotta love the people in Oklahoma!

Sorry for getting off topic and the long post.
Everyone stay safe and looking forward to seeing you guys at the rally in July!