Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2018, 10:55 AM   #141
TEXAS Rally Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaps2018 View Post
This was our first rally and our second FROG event. Based on the flawless execution, the event clearly was planned very well. We enjoyed the quality
of the catered meals and the potluck events---worth EVERY penny of the rally fee.

The rally was a very good experience for us. Many thanks to Becky and Jack for setting up this Facebook page, creating/organizing/staffing all the activities and their time hosting the event.
Thank you for your positive comments. We enjoyed it. Lots of GREAT FROGs attended.
BeckyVTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:45 PM   #142

I am sorry that I missed the 2018 Texas Frog Rally. I had been to all 5 of the Texas Frog Rally's. I don't know what other Frog Rally's charge but the Texas Rally has always charged a fee. It is low for what you get. Forest River has always provide us with a good meal during the Rally. If you above don't want to pay a fee don't come! I has always been sold out and we don't need more attendees. Buckhorn will only give 70 slots for the Rally and I hope people who complain about the fee just don't come. The Rally has always been a very well organized event. The only thing that Bob and Cindy have said about it was that we sure planned a lot of activities but I didn't agree because the Rally events are not mandatory. Go if you want or don't go if you are not interested.
To my knowledge we have always tried to get sponsors. In the past Ron Hover RV, Camping World has donated items. Forest River usually sends someone, tech people Bobs brother and his wife etc. To my knowledge Frog Rally's started in 2012?
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 01:12 PM   #143
TEXAS Rally Coordinator

Thank you

Thank you for your positive comments!!

Sorry you had to miss 2018. We had a fantastic rally. Happy to see you are coming in 2019.

2019 will be our 7th rally and we are already planning and looking forward to it. We are a little over 1/2 full at this time.

Most who have attended our rally agree it’s quite the bargain for the fee we charge. The first year we attended, I was shocked the fee was so reasonable. Buckhorn Lake Resort is a PERFECT venue for a rally.

We have solicited donations and participation each year....sometimes we get it, sometimes we don’t. I refuse to let the lack of interest from outside groups or businesses rain on our parade. The best regional FROG rally will continue with or without donations or vendor participation.

Bob also voiced his concerns to me about our full schedule when I agreed to host in 2018.....I think we have to have plenty going on for those who do not want to go off wander around. It is a personal choice what activities or meals each person wants to attend. I think as hosts we have to look at it both ways.

Becky
Old 11-09-2018, 02:02 PM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by whj77372 View Post
I am sorry that I missed the 2018 Texas Frog Rally. I had been to all 5 of the Texas Frog Rally's. I don't know what other Frog Rally's charge but the Texas Rally has always charged a fee. It is low for what you get. Forest River has always provide us with a good meal during the Rally. If you above don't want to pay a fee don't come! I has always been sold out and we don't need more attendees. Buckhorn will only give 70 slots for the Rally and I hope people who complain about the fee just don't come. The Rally has always been a very well organized event. The only thing that Bob and Cindy have said about it was that we sure planned a lot of activities but I didn't agree because the Rally events are not mandatory. Go if you want or don't go if you are not interested.
To my knowledge we have always tried to get sponsors. In the past Ron Hover RV, Camping World has donated items. Forest River usually sends someone, tech people Bobs brother and his wife etc. To my knowledge Frog Rally's started in 2012?
Your "Knowledge" is a year off,FROG Rallys started on May 1 2011 at Branson! The Oldest Continuous FROG Rally is "Tadpole " also started in 2011! Youroo!!
Old 11-10-2018, 09:06 AM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by whj77372 View Post
Just an F.Y.I.

We were at the first Texas Rally that Dan and Lori hosted in 2013, as we just happened to be travelling in Texas on our way to Galveston. We had a great time with the Texas Frogs, BUT neither my brother, Frog Bob, nor Forest River sent us to the rally. We paid our registration fee just like everybody else.

That being said, however, I do agree that the fee charged for that rally is a very reasonable one. For anyone who has never hosted a rally, there is a lot of work and significant expense that goes on behind the scenes. (Go shopping some time for paper goods, plastic utensils, coffee, etc. for 150 people.)

We have not been back to Texas since that first rally, only because our schedules have not permitted it, but hope to make that rally again in the future. The Texas Rally is a victim of its own success - it sells out very quickly every year, and for a good reason. And, although I have not met the new hosts, apparently, Dan and Lori handed off the job to very dedicated and hard-working successors.
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:23 PM   #146
Georgia Rally Coordinator

The only reason it sells out quick is they let folk register for the next year as they are leaving the rally and does not give folks who go to the frog web site a change to join in. In my opinion quite unfair. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:24 AM   #147
TEXAS Rally Coordinator

Again, you don’t know all the facts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
The only reason it sells out quick is they let folk register for the next year as they are leaving the rally and does not give folks who go to the frog web site a change to join in. In my opinion quite unfair. Later RJD

P-L-E-A-S-E

Nothing UNFAIR about it!!!

While we DO allow registration for the next rally before we leave. It’s really just a convenience thing for anyone who wants to come again. We don’t rope and hog tie anyone.

Every year we have NEW people come to the TEXAS rally.

This year almost 1/2 of the attendees came for the first time. We had only 2 couples who had been to all 6 rallies. We had attendees from 17 states. We had a fantastic rally because of the fantastic people who came.

There are 25 spots open for the 2019 rally, so I bet we will have new people this year, too.

Later
Old 11-11-2018, 09:50 AM   #148
TEXAS Rally Coordinator

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Mike View Post
Just an F.Y.I.

We were at the first Texas Rally that Dan and Lori hosted in 2013, as we just happened to be travelling in Texas on our way to Galveston. We had a great time with the Texas Frogs, BUT neither my brother, Frog Bob, nor Forest River sent us to the rally. We paid our registration fee just like everybody else.

That being said, however, I do agree that the fee charged for that rally is a very reasonable one. For anyone who has never hosted a rally, there is a lot of work and significant expense that goes on behind the scenes. (Go shopping some time for paper goods, plastic utensils, coffee, etc. for 150 people.)

We have not been back to Texas since that first rally, only because our schedules have not permitted it, but hope to make that rally again in the future. The Texas Rally is a victim of its own success - it sells out very quickly every year, and for a good reason. And, although I have not met the new hosts, apparently, Dan and Lori handed off the job to very dedicated and hard-working successors.
Thank you for your positive comments!! Lori and Dan did a fantastic job in the first 5 years. It was a little scary taking that baton.....but we did and we ran with it. TEXAS has a great rally at a perfect venue. Yes, it’s expensive to buy all the food and supplies, and yes, it’s hard work, but worth it when you have awesome people attending and helping!!! We have openings in 2019. Would love to meet you!!

Becky
Txfrogroundup@yahoo.com
Old 11-11-2018, 10:27 AM   #149

Quote:
They are half sold out. That means half NOT sold out. Plenty of room for you and others to still register. What is unfair about that?
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 07:47 PM   #150
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarCreekWoody View Post
They are half sold out. That means half NOT sold out. Plenty of room for you and others to still register. What is unfair about that?
Its not up on the Frog web site when they let folks register upon leaving. Most rallys do not allow this type of early registration which give all folks a fair change to register. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:10 PM   #151
TEXAS Rally Coordinator

You really are being ridiculous

Quote:
Its not up on the Frog web site when they let folks register upon leaving. Most rallys do not allow this type of early registration which give all folks a fair change to register. Later RJD
There is no rule that says you can’t allow reservations to be made a year in advance or where the rally has to be “advertised”. It makes sense to me that most rally hosts would do what works best for their rally. While Bob does post information about all the FROG rallies, it really doesn’t matter where people hear about the rally or how and when they sign up. I didn’t turn one person away this year. You seem to be the only person bothered by the way we conduct our TEXAS rally business. I don’t really know why the early registration is your concern unless you’ve tried to come every year and could never get in. Even in that case, I’d say you need to register earlier. I personally have 4 reservations for camping in fall 2019.... i didn’t want to wait until the last minute and not get reservations at my fav parks.....that’s just the way I do business. Lots of FROGs do the same thing for the rallies.

This will be my last attempt to make you understand we have a successful rally and I’m really tired of you bad mouthing it and me. Do you treat all the other regional rally hosts the same way as you’ve treated me beginning last Spring?

You run your rally the way you want, I won’t even tell you all the things I think you are doing wrong. It’s none of my business what you do, just as it’s none of your business what I do.

If you truly think Im breaking some FR rules or I’m being unethical and unfair, you let Bob know. He will call me in a heartbeat if he agrees with you!!!

The End
Old 11-11-2018, 11:13 PM   #152
Director, FROG

I just saw this discussion going on, and we're going to take it offline. NOW. There have been a number of practices that have begun at several of the rallies around the country, and some of them have caused me concern.

I've spoken with some of the hosts of the rallies and have made some changes in cooperation with the hosts. It now appears to be time to set up some uniform standards that will apply to all events that are sponsored, subsidized, or hosted by FROG. While there are, indeed, some differences among events that we might have to take into consideration, there will also be some that will be standard.

There was one event that was held for several years until I learned that it was being widely promoted on a forum targeted to owners of a single Forest River brand. That event was already planned and announced within that group, and was filled by the time that we announced it on the FROG website. That year I fulfilled the commitment that I'd made to support it, but told the organizers that FROG would no longer promote it, subsidize it, provide meals, or help in any other way. We have not, and we will not.

I'll contact those currently hosting events by e-mail or by PM, but we'll not get into a public spitting contest online.

And THAT is the end.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frog