Old 05-20-2011, 11:30 AM   #151

Nope, I was down in South Carolina, I do not have any float planes. If the motor quits, you had better have a boat. The plane I'm working on now has a 140 inch wing span. Gotta love those little toy planes.
I will bring some pictures to the Tadpole Rally. Might bring my night flyer. Those are fun also.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:08 PM   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbubba View Post
Nope, I was down in South Carolina, I do not have any float planes. If the motor quits, you had better have a boat. The plane I'm working on now has a 140 inch wing span. Gotta love those little toy planes.
I will bring some pictures to the Tadpole Rally. Might bring my night flyer. Those are fun also.
Would love to see pics of the planes. I used to fly RC until I built a 1/4 scale Cub that I spent too much on. Was building a 1/16th scale B17 bomber and was afraid to wreck the Cub so I knew I would never get the bomber off the ground. Decided it was time to get out of that hobby. Now I run an RC airboat and a RC truck. The "crashes" with those are less disastrous but can still be expensive.

Leave for Yellowstone in a week! Can't wait, this is going to be a LONG week at work I am sure.

hoffkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:31 AM   #153

We have been out two(2) times one before the Branson rally,floods & rain,we were on the Ohio river,at the only campground that was above water. Then we watched the weather forecast between home & Branson,high wind & rain, Lots of rain. We decided to stay home. Then we went to Rockey Fork S/P in Ohio, rain & more rain! Two weeks of rainy camping is not fun! Maybe the rain will stop for the Tadpole Rally,wait (FROGS & Tadpoles) like RAIN, maybe we need to change the (Rally) names to (Camel)?? Youroo!!
Old 05-23-2011, 02:05 PM   #154

We've had more than enough rain. Toledo is 6.50 inches above normal for the year..
It's finally staying warm though so we at least have that going for us...which is good.
Stevea1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:18 PM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Lowbubba, we camped at a city park near Norwalk,Ohio that had a (Water&Wings) event on there lake.By chance were you there with your Planes? Water TO&Landing were pretty neat! Youroo!!

Were you by any chance at the New London Reservoir Campground or New London Rec Park Campground? If so, you were in my neck-o-the-woods. Hope you enjoyed your stay, in spite of all the rain. It's been so wet,farmers can't even get crops in.

I'm new to this forum, but sure have enjoyed reading this thread! lol Hoping we may be able to join ya'll mid July, it depends on hubby's work schedule.
Go Buckeyes!
Old 05-29-2011, 10:23 PM   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtriptj View Post
Were you by any chance at the New London Reservoir Campground or New London Rec Park Campground? If so, you were in my neck-o-the-woods. Hope you enjoyed your stay, in spite of all the rain. It's been so wet,farmers can't even get crops in.

I'm new to this forum, but sure have enjoyed reading this thread! lol Hoping we may be able to join ya'll mid July, it depends on hubby's work schedule.
Go Buckeyes!

Welcome! Hope you can join us!!! Go BLUE!! :P

Nights camped in 2011/36, 2012/9, 2013/24, 2014/27; 2015/50 2016: 34
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:22 PM   #157

Well we made it into Grand Teton National Park today. No issues on the trip here other than the Rockwood shed two crome hubcaps somewhere along I80 on the way here. I thought those things seemed rather cheap anyway.

Could not believe the weather when we go here. We drove thru more snow than I think I have ever seen on the Togowtee pass over the mountains on the way in and now the forecast is for 3-5" tonight and 3-4" tommorow. Supposed to warm back up after that. Even with all the snow the scenery we saw on the drive in today alone was worth the trip. This part of the country is absolutely beautiful and a must see if you have the chance.
hoffkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:38 AM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtriptj View Post

Go Buckeyes!
Yes ,that was it. We went to the park in town first,wrong one they told us about the Res.campground. Too wet here also for planting! Hope to see you at the Tadpole Rally,easy drive for you. Youroo!!
Old 05-30-2011, 09:42 AM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeytownmom View Post
Welcome! Hope you can join us!!! Go BLUE!! :P
OHIO State is (Scarlet&Gray) never use that (B) word around me! Youroo!!
Old 05-30-2011, 10:04 AM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffkm View Post
Well we made it into Grand Teton National Park today. No issues on the trip here other than the Rockwood shed two crome hubcaps somewhere along I80 on the way here. I thought those things seemed rather cheap anyway.

Could not believe the weather when we go here. We drove thru more snow than I think I have ever seen on the Togowtee pass over the mountains on the way in and now the forecast is for 3-5" tonight and 3-4" tommorow. Supposed to warm back up after that. Even with all the snow the scenery we saw on the drive in today alone was worth the trip. This part of the country is absolutely beautiful and a must see if you have the chance.
We lost all (4) of our trim rings bringing our new trailer home from the dealer,(KZ) on I-75 thru Dayton. So is not a (Forest River) only problem. The only cure for us was Alum.wheels. Is it true that you put (Lowbubba) in charge while you are on Vac.? He will be forming Committees, asking for travel exp., first class plane seats, ect. Our Tadpole budget can not take a hit like that! We only have $60.000 left in the pool for the Rally! We need more Gov.Grants!! Have a good Vac Hoff. We have everything covered here! Youroo!!

Tags
frog