Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2011, 11:30 AM   #151
Senior Member
 
lowbubba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 576
Nope, I was down in South Carolina, I do not have any float planes. If the motor quits, you had better have a boat. The plane I'm working on now has a 140 inch wing span. Gotta love those little toy planes.
I will bring some pictures to the Tadpole Rally. Might bring my night flyer. Those are fun also.
__________________

__________________
lowbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:08 PM   #152
Senior Member
 
hoffkm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wauseon, Ohio
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbubba View Post
Nope, I was down in South Carolina, I do not have any float planes. If the motor quits, you had better have a boat. The plane I'm working on now has a 140 inch wing span. Gotta love those little toy planes.
I will bring some pictures to the Tadpole Rally. Might bring my night flyer. Those are fun also.
Would love to see pics of the planes. I used to fly RC until I built a 1/4 scale Cub that I spent too much on. Was building a 1/16th scale B17 bomber and was afraid to wreck the Cub so I knew I would never get the bomber off the ground. Decided it was time to get out of that hobby. Now I run an RC airboat and a RC truck. The "crashes" with those are less disastrous but can still be expensive.

Leave for Yellowstone in a week! Can't wait, this is going to be a LONG week at work I am sure.
__________________

__________________
2011 Rockwood 2901SS Ultra Lite
2014 Chevy Silverado Z71---Hensley Arrow Hitch
my other toy---1969 Camaro 396 SS
hoffkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:31 AM   #153
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,019
We have been out two(2) times one before the Branson rally,floods & rain,we were on the Ohio river,at the only campground that was above water. Then we watched the weather forecast between home & Branson,high wind & rain, Lots of rain. We decided to stay home. Then we went to Rockey Fork S/P in Ohio, rain & more rain! Two weeks of rainy camping is not fun! Maybe the rain will stop for the Tadpole Rally,wait (FROGS & Tadpoles) like RAIN, maybe we need to change the (Rally) names to (Camel)?? Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:05 PM   #154
Senior Member
 
Stevea1956's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Northwest Ohio
Posts: 134
We've had more than enough rain. Toledo is 6.50 inches above normal for the year..
It's finally staying warm though so we at least have that going for us...which is good.
__________________
Steve & Lauren
2011 Windjammer 3065W
2012 Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins
Stevea1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:18 PM   #155
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Lowbubba, we camped at a city park near Norwalk,Ohio that had a (Water&Wings) event on there lake.By chance were you there with your Planes? Water TO&Landing were pretty neat! Youroo!!

Were you by any chance at the New London Reservoir Campground or New London Rec Park Campground? If so, you were in my neck-o-the-woods. Hope you enjoyed your stay, in spite of all the rain. It's been so wet,farmers can't even get crops in.

I'm new to this forum, but sure have enjoyed reading this thread! lol Hoping we may be able to join ya'll mid July, it depends on hubby's work schedule.
Go Buckeyes!
__________________
roadtriptj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:23 PM   #156
Senior Member
 
hockeytownmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South Lyon, MI
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtriptj View Post
Were you by any chance at the New London Reservoir Campground or New London Rec Park Campground? If so, you were in my neck-o-the-woods. Hope you enjoyed your stay, in spite of all the rain. It's been so wet,farmers can't even get crops in.

I'm new to this forum, but sure have enjoyed reading this thread! lol Hoping we may be able to join ya'll mid July, it depends on hubby's work schedule.
Go Buckeyes!

Welcome! Hope you can join us!!! Go BLUE!! :P
__________________
Kristina & Family
2015 Sunseeker 3170ds
'13 Honda Pilot -Kar Kaddy 3

Nights camped in 2011/36, 2012/9, 2013/24, 2014/27; 2015/50 2016: 34
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:22 PM   #157
Senior Member
 
hoffkm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wauseon, Ohio
Posts: 249
Well we made it into Grand Teton National Park today. No issues on the trip here other than the Rockwood shed two crome hubcaps somewhere along I80 on the way here. I thought those things seemed rather cheap anyway.

Could not believe the weather when we go here. We drove thru more snow than I think I have ever seen on the Togowtee pass over the mountains on the way in and now the forecast is for 3-5" tonight and 3-4" tommorow. Supposed to warm back up after that. Even with all the snow the scenery we saw on the drive in today alone was worth the trip. This part of the country is absolutely beautiful and a must see if you have the chance.
__________________
2011 Rockwood 2901SS Ultra Lite
2014 Chevy Silverado Z71---Hensley Arrow Hitch
my other toy---1969 Camaro 396 SS
hoffkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:38 AM   #158
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtriptj View Post
Were you by any chance at the New London Reservoir Campground or New London Rec Park Campground? If so, you were in my neck-o-the-woods. Hope you enjoyed your stay, in spite of all the rain. It's been so wet,farmers can't even get crops in.

I'm new to this forum, but sure have enjoyed reading this thread! lol Hoping we may be able to join ya'll mid July, it depends on hubby's work schedule.
Go Buckeyes!
Yes ,that was it. We went to the park in town first,wrong one they told us about the Res.campground. Too wet here also for planting! Hope to see you at the Tadpole Rally,easy drive for you. Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:42 AM   #159
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeytownmom View Post
Welcome! Hope you can join us!!! Go BLUE!! :P
OHIO State is (Scarlet&Gray) never use that (B) word around me! Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:04 AM   #160
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffkm View Post
Well we made it into Grand Teton National Park today. No issues on the trip here other than the Rockwood shed two crome hubcaps somewhere along I80 on the way here. I thought those things seemed rather cheap anyway.

Could not believe the weather when we go here. We drove thru more snow than I think I have ever seen on the Togowtee pass over the mountains on the way in and now the forecast is for 3-5" tonight and 3-4" tommorow. Supposed to warm back up after that. Even with all the snow the scenery we saw on the drive in today alone was worth the trip. This part of the country is absolutely beautiful and a must see if you have the chance.
We lost all (4) of our trim rings bringing our new trailer home from the dealer,(KZ) on I-75 thru Dayton. So is not a (Forest River) only problem. The only cure for us was Alum.wheels. Is it true that you put (Lowbubba) in charge while you are on Vac.? He will be forming Committees, asking for travel exp., first class plane seats, ect. Our Tadpole budget can not take a hit like that! We only have $60.000 left in the pool for the Rally! We need more Gov.Grants!! Have a good Vac Hoff. We have everything covered here! Youroo!!
__________________

__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
frog

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 PM.