Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2011, 04:21 PM   #261
camping
 
tentcamper1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Elkhart, Indiana
Posts: 988
youroo- thats exactly what my shower looks like (just went and looked) how did you repair it? I wonder if it would be better to drive over to your place and have it done by a seasoned expert!!
__________________

__________________

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:42 PM   #262
Senior Member
 
hoffkm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wauseon, Ohio
Posts: 249
Youroo,

Glad the factory got it fixed. Hope it's right for the long haul now, you've certainly had more than your fair share of issues.
__________________

__________________
2011 Rockwood 2901SS Ultra Lite
2014 Chevy Silverado Z71---Hensley Arrow Hitch
my other toy---1969 Camaro 396 SS
hoffkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:48 PM   #263
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by tentcamper1 View Post
youroo- thats exactly what my shower looks like (just went and looked) how did you repair it? I wonder if it would be better to drive over to your place and have it done by a seasoned expert!!
I will take( after repair pics.) and post them for you,I had a Freind show me how to post pics! Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:02 PM   #264
Member
 
LeNe4847's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Where ever we park it!!
Posts: 69
Youroo,
We are glad you got everything fixed. It looks like it took a lot more than a dealer touch up!! Did you get a refund on the part of the wall they took out!! Glad to see you made it back home.

We are in Canada this weekend.. leave Tuesday.

Lee and Neva
__________________
Lee and Neva

2015 Ceder Creek 36CKTS
LeNe4847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:35 AM   #265
Senior Member
 
Stevea1956's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Northwest Ohio
Posts: 134
Looks likes I'll be pulling the panel off the front of our shower to see if FR used the "hole in the floor" technique on our TT.
This forum is both a blessing and a curse.
solutions and inspirations.... blessing
discovering previously unknown issues and problems... curse.
Still... better to learn about them here than out on the road.
Thanks Youroo. I'll be looking for your the pics of your solution.

Speaking of inspiration... Check this LowBubba
Click image for larger version

Name:	before the crash.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	7060
__________________
Steve & Lauren
2011 Windjammer 3065W
2012 Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins
Stevea1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:05 AM   #266
camping
 
tentcamper1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Elkhart, Indiana
Posts: 988
Steve1956- at least you got a toy - I'm getting 2 lights, a thermostat and towel bars!!
__________________

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:03 PM   #267
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,036
Shower floor support

First thing is (NO) room to work or get good Pics! Now we begin,remove the feet that are over the hole in the floor,place a piece of hardwood from solid floor to solid floor (bridge) over hole,now make new feet to go from bottom of shower to top of new bridge (2) pcs. Now on the left & right front you will have to make plywood & styrofoam pcs. for both sides of the shower floor bottom and new feet to place under these to the trailer floor, placed on each side of the drain trap,towards the shower door. Dry fit all pcs. then use (Gorilla) glue! If you do this correct you will notice (Blood,sweat,andBad words) all around the project! But the end result is a rock solid floor in the shower! Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	003 (2).jpg
Views:	36
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	7062   Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	7063  
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:12 AM   #268
Senior Member
 
lowbubba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevea1956 View Post
Looks likes I'll be pulling the panel off the front of our shower to see if FR used the "hole in the floor" technique on our TT.
This forum is both a blessing and a curse.
solutions and inspirations.... blessing
discovering previously unknown issues and problems... curse.
Still... better to learn about them here than out on the road.
Thanks Youroo. I'll be looking for your the pics of your solution.

Speaking of inspiration... Check this LowBubba
Attachment 7060
Let me know how you do, remember takeoffs are optional, landing are mandatory. I have a lot of fun with that hobby.
Good luck,
Bubba
__________________
lowbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:15 PM   #269
Senior Member
 
Stevea1956's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Northwest Ohio
Posts: 134
Test pilot update:
Flight 1: 20 feet into van.... TIP: make sure the throttle is all the way off when you turn on the controller.

Flight 2: 50 feet into tree

Flight 3: 100 foot semi circle into weeds.

I am getting better though... I judge my progress by the distance I have to walk to retrieve the downed aircraft.. last jaunt was about 100 yards through tall grass..
TIP: make sure the throttle is all the way off, or turn off the controller, after a "landing" or you'll have flora tangled in your prop.
__________________
Steve & Lauren
2011 Windjammer 3065W
2012 Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins
Stevea1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:31 PM   #270
Senior Member
 
lowbubba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevea1956 View Post
Test pilot update:
Flight 1: 20 feet into van.... TIP: make sure the throttle is all the way off when you turn on the controller.

Flight 2: 50 feet into tree

Flight 3: 100 foot semi circle into weeds.

I am getting better though... I judge my progress by the distance I have to walk to retrieve the downed aircraft.. last jaunt was about 100 yards through tall grass..
TIP: make sure the throttle is all the way off, or turn off the controller, after a "landing" or you'll have flora tangled in your prop.

You need to watch those trees, I had a 85 inch wingspan, 24 pound P-47 stuck 75 feet up a dang tree a couple of years ago. Had to hire a tree trimmer to go up and get it. Bubba don't climb no stinking trees.
__________________

__________________
lowbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
frog

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 PM.