Old 03-07-2011, 09:40 PM   #31

I cant figure out how to make my own post. i have a spring camping question. help!

Old 03-08-2011, 08:28 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffkm View Post
Hey, what happened here? I've been away at work all day and come home to find out I've been railroaded into all kinds of things. I may be the "organizer" of this event but it was Tentcamper1's idea.

I'm all for site 12 being the beer drinking location, but I am very partial to beer so dark that you could walk on it. May not be to everyone's liking.

As the time draws near we can talk more about festivities to plan. If I end up working on Friday there is a good chance I could make a stop at Packo's on my way back to the CG.
I think the (Blue Angeles) are going to do a Fly over at the (Tadpole Rally). Goodyear called about the (Blimp) overhead for the rally,I told them they needed to do somthing about the tires at (Vegas) first! Lady GA-GA is on standby if we need her. I have been contacted by (Thousands) of Companys that want to put up support for this rally(Tadpole)OMI. Youroo!!

Old 03-08-2011, 08:32 AM   #33

F.R.O.G Rally, Tadpole Rally, this is all great. We would love to attend at least one of great events, but we a few changes coming up this year that puts a damper on things. Today my 20 year old son is leaving for basic training for the U.S. Army, he will be headed to Fort Leonard Wood Missouri and will graduate at the end of May, so the time frame is too far apart from the F.R.O.G Rally in Brandson for us to attend. I will be chancing jobs some time this year and not sure where i am going to end up, but i know one thing i will be loosing 4 weeks of vacation which will limit travel, and the house is going on the market this weekend so that we can down size.

Hopefully some time in the future there will be a Rally somewhere closer to the East Coast, but i feel this is just the beginning of a great thing.

As i set here and read all of the post from both the F.R.O.G Rally and Tadpole Rally i can feel the excitement in everyone and only have a vision of everyone coming together as one fantastic group. Please post pic, i would like to see all having a great time. Maybe someone will come up with an idea for a flag with a logo of the Rally to place on your campers to identify who you are in the event when you are camping with out the Rally people will know you are a member of the Forum.....If it happens i will walk up to your camper and introduce my self......Rockwood06. Have a Great time and be safe...
Old 03-08-2011, 08:42 AM   #34

The flags are a great idea! We use signs at Fort Wilderness to identify other "Fiends" from our website. Great idea! We should come up with something.

Nights camped in 2011/36, 2012/9, 2013/24, 2014/27; 2015/50 2016: 34
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:35 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbubba View Post
Going to get the camper tomorrow, It is my birthday. That way I can get the plates for the camper and not have to pay the lovely state of Ohio any extra. If I don't go tomorrow, according to the wife. There will be a funeral in 3 days. Not sure who on the funeral, afraid to ask. Never pulled anything this big, should be fun, got high water everywhere. These things do float don't they? If they do, I will be set for the Tadpole Rally. If they don't float, I will have tadpoles, fish and who knows what else in it.
Hey lowbubba, how was the B/D yesterday? Did you sleep,in the new unit last night? Spill your guts,come on! Youroo!!
Old 03-09-2011, 06:55 PM   #36

Well, I found out a couple of things, Number 1, when the brake control is set to zero, you have NO brakes on the trailer, and you come zipping up to a traffic circle, the biggest vehicle whens. Glad they all moved, after coming to a stop. I figured that out. The areas beside all of the roads were flooded. Did not get to try out the camper's floating ability. We got home, backed it into the spare driveway. This is where I keep the hotrod. I found out that the Suburban pulling a 27 foot trailer, going thru small towns, back roads gets better gas mileage than the hotrod does on the highway. My kids took me out for dinner last night, Mexican. NO way was I allowed to even get near the new camper. I did get to sleep on the couch, even the dogs voted me out of the bedroom. We are waiting for the rains to quit to start cleaning and putting things in it, or so I have been told. You guys take care.
Randy
Old 03-09-2011, 08:51 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbubba View Post
My kids took me out for dinner last night, Mexican. NO way was I allowed to even get near the new camper. I did get to sleep on the couch, even the dogs voted me out of the bedroom. Randy
Are you saying that you and Jose Quervo are not friends?

Can't wait to meet and see your new rig this summer.
hoffkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:57 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeytownmom View Post
The flags are a great idea! We use signs at Fort Wilderness to identify other "Fiends" from our website. Great idea! We should come up with something.

Found these stickers at www.peacefrogsfrankenmuth.com

They come 12" x 7" and 6" x 3" One of these on the front corner of all members trailers (or something similar) may be a good way to identify other members.

In the Avalanche Fan Club that I am also a member of we change our daytime running lights out to amber bulbs to identify ourselves on the road.

Maybe a member on here somewhere runs a print shop and can create something custom for us?? I think this is a great idea.
hoffkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:26 PM   #39

I am going to give the Frankm. peace FROG people a call and see about some 6x9 green frog stickers. Will post results after contact! Youroo!
Old 03-09-2011, 10:36 PM   #40

[QUOTE=hoffkm;87639] Are you saying that you and Jose Quervo are not friends?

Jose Who? I had 2 glasses of ice tea and I got stuck with the bill. Dang kids are 33 and 27. I should have see that one coming.

Tags
frog