Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2019, 06:42 AM   #61
Kanadian Kamper

Day 3 (cont’d

Well......day 3 in the evening actually.

All of us 🐸 car pooled into Petrolia for dinner at Actor’s Restaurant on Main Street. It was the local hotspot for great meals and was well attended by locals as well. Once again, a great time and our culinary needs were more than fulfilled.

After dinner, (we all left by the back door).......contact others for details, and headed over to the Petrolia Playhouse for the evening performance of “Summer of 69”. This performance, by an incredible collection of young players and musicians, with colourful props and scenery could not have been scheduled anymore perfect for our group. For the beetle part of the next 3 hours, we were amazed and entertained to the music of a much happier, simpler and amazing time, 1969. The performances just begged you to join in and sing along, and all us FROGS 🐸 were active participants. The performers, a young group of 2 females and 3 males sang and danced a performance that absolutely amazed.
Their energy and enthusiasm of a time they weren’t even around for, was nothing short of spectacular and they each possessed an incredible voice for singing and playing various instruments.

You ain’t seen nothing until you see 40+ FROGS clapping, mimicking and singing EVERY song with the cast. WE KNEW EVERY WORD OF EVERY SONG, and we did it without subtitles. Seriously, I’ve got socks older than these kids on stage, and they brought the house down with our group. Music they had to study and commit to memory for the music we all grew up with. Yes, 1969 with Woodstock and all that entails, and if you REMEMBERED Woodstock, you’re a minority (if you know what I mean.).

From my vantage point, I was able to witness the profile of FROG BOB singing along to tunes, even from Sesame Street.....yup Sesame Street, and it’s uncanny in the lighting of the theatre...the profile similarities of OSCAR the GROUCH and our FROG BOB. It’s an image I won’t soon be able to erase from memory I tell ya.

Spoiler alert....we FROGS were invited to stay for the after show party and get to meet all the players and team behind the scene, and that’s the only time camera pictures were allowed, so hopefully someone else can post those. We got to speak with all the actors/singers and gather snapshots galore. I was able to learn in fact......although the performance was titled “Summer of ‘69” they could only squeeze in 67 songs, .....but only someone with OCD like myself would know

IT WAS AN AMAZING NIGHT.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 05:06 PM   #62
Kanadian Kamper

Petrolia closing

Day 4

Final formal day of the Petrolia Rally had a continental breakfast as some of the attendees had to leave for, er, uh, that 4 letter word starting with the letter “w”.
FROG bling was once again provided by FROG BOB and MOMMA FROG (hope that’s their official titles) to the attendees. Special gifts were received by the park owner’s along with Mike and Michelle, and we’ll deserved.

Once again, there were loads of ideas to act upon from the information packet we all received. The museum on the history of the Oil Industry, Uncle Tom’s Cabin, Farmers Market, and others I can’t recall. Oh.....and fantastic eateries and shopping.

Speaking about shopping.....I’m sure there were lots that figure they were actively doing their part of “Power Shopping” but they’d be rank amateurs compared to my wife. Afterall, how many others had an appointment with the town’s bank Loans officer first? Hmmmm? The Petrolia economy and commerce definitely got a shot in the arm this past week from our attending.

In closing.....our thanks to Mike and Michelle for their organizing of a fantastic time at the Petrolia Rally. There was not an attendee there that would not agree. The area and people have so much to offer and be proud of, but without Mike and Michelle we wouldn’t have been able to enjoy the way we did.
FROG Rallies never seem to disappoint, and Petrolia was up there with the best of them.

FROG ON!!!! and we’ll see you on the road. Be safe.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 05:15 PM   #63

Had a wonderful time at the Petrolia rally. Thanks to Mike and Michele for being wonderful hosts.

Margie Applekamp
Board Member, On The Rebound Bulldog Rescue

“It’s all about the dog!”
MandMKampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:44 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandMKampers View Post
Had a wonderful time at the Petrolia rally. Thanks to Mike and Michele for being wonderful hosts.
Hi, Margie. Hope you and Mike are doing well.

Mike & Yvonne
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:26 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Mike View Post
Hi, Margie. Hope you and Mike are doing well.

Mike & Yvonne

We are well, thanks. Enjoying the Brass Ring Rally now.

Margie Applekamp
Board Member, On The Rebound Bulldog Rescue

“It’s all about the dog!”
MandMKampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:37 PM   #66
Mrs. Ken and Terry

Positively Petrolia June 6-10, 2019

Petrolia... the after show 🤭Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2354.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	277.3 KB
ID:	207166