Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2015, 07:30 AM   #41

i would be interested in golf if any other players,,never miss a chance to play !! looking foreward to it
sonny bransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 04:51 PM   #42
USAF Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas LT and LL View Post
I have not heard back from Forest River on the minimum number of rigs to make an official FROG event, will let you all know when I do. (would be kinda nice to have catered BBQ Saturday night.....just saying.)
Laura

We are more of a pot luck couple but we are fine with what the group wants.

Cheryl & Ken
Peppercatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 11:56 AM   #43

New info for Lake Waco campout:

Please let me know when you are coming in if I didn't list it in the last big post I did.
I am way past thrilled to announce that Forest River's Brian Moran, the "Know Your Stuff" guy who does a variety of maintenance and tech seminars at the International Rally each year will be in Waco working with the service dept at Fun Town Waco while we are camping.
He has most generously offered to conduct a seminar on whatever topic we choose or do an open Q and A for us - whatever we want to learn about. He is available after 3:30-4 on Saturday for as long as we like. (I invited him to dinner that night of course.) And he is available Sunday all day also.
He is happy to be able to meet with us and help educate us in anything tech/ maintenance related. Topics he covers are:
Water heaters, furnaces, converters, monitor panels, inverters, radios, TV's transfer switches, tablets, wireless remotes, multi function boards and a variety of other things.
Please send me your ideas and I will relay them to him when we are finalizing plans.
I am scheduled to call Bob at FROG on Monday, will have more info after that.
I plan to research open nearby campgrounds in case Airport Park is not opened in time. We got 6 inches of rain Friday Oct 30th... and 8-9 inches last week.
Cheers and we are very excited about all the fun we will be having!
Golf, portable flagpole building, Brian's Tech help - Wow!

--
2015 Windjammer
Texas LT and LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 01:32 PM   #44

larry & Laura, I know this is a repeat But I know you didn't have our first names.
Johnny (J.C.) & Pamela Kaspar
site #64
December 2 thru December6th
Maybe Brian could gives us information on different ways of Winterizing since some of us may be doing that to our rigs soon.
In case Airport park doesn't work out. There is I35 Rv park just North of Waco a few miles. Nice Park, Gives discount, Has Rally room for gathering, we were there in Sept. for 4 days. Also North Crest RV park and Quail Crossing in area.
Hey! Dan and Lori Y'all coming.
Maybe a "to do" have a gathering around a campfire and Some More's
jkaspar20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 03:24 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaspar20 View Post
larry & Laura, I know this is a repeat But I know you didn't have our first names.
Johnny (J.C.) & Pamela Kaspar
site #64
December 2 thru December6th
Maybe Brian could gives us information on different ways of Winterizing since some of us may be doing that to our rigs soon.
In case Airport park doesn't work out. There is I35 Rv park just North of Waco a few miles. Nice Park, Gives discount, Has Rally room for gathering, we were there in Sept. for 4 days. Also North Crest RV park and Quail Crossing in area.
Hey! Dan and Lori Y'all coming.
Maybe a "to do" have a gathering around a campfire and Some More's

I want to so bad! But we will just be getting home from Missouri, that Monday, so we just can't cut it! Hey find out if that guy from FR. (Brian) is going to be here Oct 5-8 would love to have him at the Kerrville rally.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Lori
Lorigirl10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 09:54 PM   #46
Site Team

DW Debbie and I would love to come over from nw LA if we get our rockwood back from repairs by then. Should be finished now but wrong parts shipped. Been in since damaged in August. So we can't commit right now, but this would be a good "check it out" trip after repairs are done. Already missed 4 planned trips with it. I'll monitor this thread as we are interested. Hope you all have fun.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 10:44 PM   #47

Tomorrow I will call local campgrounds and COE- we had another 8 inches of rain this weekend.
To me- around the campfire is an automatic activity- so we hope to find a secondary site that allows fires.
Lori - we will miss you guys - family always comes first! We will ask him to come to Kerrville- this time was pure coincidence.
Just FYI- Brian is monitoring our posts- so if you have a specific topic in mind- post it here.
Dcheatwood and Debbie- Welcome--hope you can make it!!
Our tech topics- Windjammer awning popping when opening-even after repair at FunTown/ fireplace+ microwave interference/ dehumidifier necessary for interior protection.
Laura
2015 Windjammer
Old 11-02-2015, 08:13 AM   #48

great to see campout is working out,,,now just hope campground is open,,,,,
Old 11-02-2015, 11:53 AM   #49

Hey all, this sounds like a fun event and just up the road from me. Kind of in limbo right now as my RV is having work done on it right now. Hope to attend if spots still open when I know I will have it back in time.
TxLightkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 02:09 PM   #50

COE has stopped cleanup on Airport Park because the lake is rising again and more rain is forecast Thirsday- so they have no idea if it will open on Dec 2.
I called IH35 RV park and they have available facilities- they say they have never filled up- 200 sites.
http://www.i35rvpark.com/
Is right on I35- so will be noisy- they do have a rally room we can use for free if 10 rigs are in the group- costs extra if less than 10.
Hot cooked to order breakfast for FREE every day- cook works for donations only.
No fire rings- we can bring our portable fire pit.
Reservations are not needed- and if they are made online- the Good Sam discount can't be used.
Cash and check only at the park.
Sounds lile a great back up park.
Laura
Old 11-02-2015, 08:54 PM   #51

Need to clarify about I35 RV park.
They do take credit cards.
If you make online reservations there is no Good Sam or other discount, park has to pay the people who manage the online reservation system.
If you come to the park and get a site, the cost is less, plus Good Sam, etc is honored.
I failed to ask about a group discount rate today - and if rigs can be grouped together, I will do that.
Right now we have 7 rigs, with several others hoping to join.
I hope to talk to Bob at FROG tomorrow.
I will be out of pocket (no internet) from 4pm on Wednesday Nov 4 until midday Sunday Nov 8th.
Laura
2015 Windjammer
Old 11-03-2015, 08:32 AM   #52

we are booked for dec 4-6 let us know what we can do
Old 11-08-2015, 06:42 PM   #53

Hi guys,
We are back from our internet free trip.
I think in the interest of knowing for certain we will have a place to camp, we need to move this campout to I35 Waco RV park.
I apologize because the cost/night is significantly increased, and we will be right on the highway and get all the noise from that, but the uncertainty of the COE park is unnerving.
With that said, I encourage you not to cancel your reservation until the last day because I truly believe they will cancel it and NRS (National Reservation services) will refund all of the money.
From NRS website:
cancellation policy:
"Individual Campsites If you cancel an individual campsite reservation on the day before or on your scheduled arrival date, a $10.00 service fee will be charged and you will also forfeit the first nights use fee."
Anyway,
I have been talking to Austin at the I35 RV park and he said he would put us all together, no problem. To use the Rally Room for free, we need 10 rigs, otherwise he is going to charge us the cost of the number of rigs missing to use it. So if we have 8 rigs, it will cost us 2 x 30 = $60 to use the rally room. For us all: to get the 10 % group discount we need 10 rigs, right now we have 7. However, if you make a reservation online, he cant give the 10% discount because that is what the internet reservation company charges him, so he cant lose 20% on campsite.
If you reserve online and then call him, tell him you are with FROG and he will mark it down.
Or you can just show up and get the Good Sam discount. He swears he never fills up, but I get a little nervous without a reservation. I will leave all that up to you all,
just please let me know what you decide about this campout.
FYI
Texas is playing Baylor that Saturday, so that will likely increase the traffic at the park that weekend. It will certainly make getting around in Waco on Saturday unpleasant - of that I am certain. Game time has not been set yet.
I spoke to Bob at FROG on Tuesday Nov 3rd, and he told me we may be able to have a catered dinner afterall, it depends on what I can find in town.
We can have a potluck on Friday night and possibly catered on Saturday.
I dont have any other news, please just be in touch, so I can keep up with how many we have coming, I need to know that for calling the local restaurants.
Hope you all are having a FROGgy week!
Laura
2015 Windjammer
Old 11-09-2015, 08:39 AM   #54

Laura,
Pamela an I will be there, Lord willing and the creeks don't get any higher.
I will Call an make reservations by phone to get discount,
Old 11-15-2015, 12:04 PM   #55
USAF Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas LT and LL View Post
Hi guys,

I think in the interest of knowing for certain we will have a place to camp, we need to move this campout to I35 Waco RV park.
I apologize because the cost/night is significantly increased, and we will be right on the highway and get all the noise from that, but the uncertainty of the COE park is unnerving.

So is this a definite move or only if the Waco Park is not open?
Cheryl
Peppercatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 12:21 PM   #56

Cheryl,
I can call the COE again tomorrow,
but we are expecting another several inches Monday/Tuesday,
and had several inches last week and about 12 over the 2 weeks before that......
doesnt look good for park cleanup.
2015 Windjammer
Old 11-15-2015, 12:23 PM   #57

Right now I am only aware of 3 rigs confirmed at I35 RV, Dec 2-6 or Dec 4-6.
JKaspar20, SBransom, RW STanley, and ourselves.
Who is planning to be at I35 RV park?
Thanks in advance.
Laura
2015 Windjammer
Old 11-19-2015, 11:13 AM   #58

Just got cancellation e mail from reservation.gov.
Made phone call to I 35 Have a site reservered for campout. I suggest , if your coming to call an reserve site. As Laura previously posted.
I35 will try to keep us in a group an we use rally room for free if we have 10 units. Also, free breakfast every morning, which is good cause we've been there before.
See ya there
Old 11-19-2015, 01:10 PM   #59

Send a message via AIM to wlhpas
lake waco campout december

Just learned part is closed .. have not made all repairs
wlhpas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 02:14 PM   #60

Send a message via AIM to wlhpas
called at 11:30 today to make reservations. Austin not there. Josh said he makes reservations. Bottom line: he wants Laura to contact him @254-829-0698. he would prefer to have the rvers drive in and pay when they arrive. Told me not to make online reservations because it was difficult to make the adjustment. He couldn't find any notes referencing our group. If I messed up by calling to make reservations -- SORRY. Bill and I (Pamela) are planning on coming Dec 2-7 (an extra day).
TV: 2015 Ford F-250
RV: 2013 Crusader 290RLT
wlhpas is offline   Reply With Quote