Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
Director, FROG

"Seaside Serenity" Rally -- Seaside, Oregon -- August 15-18, 2013

Oregon FROGs are sponsoring a "Seaside Serenity" rally August 15-18 at beautiful Circle Creek RV Park in Seaside, OR. You're invited to join the fun.

Incorporated in 1899, Seaside marks the end of Lewis and Clark’s Corps of Discovery. Seaside has historically been one of the Oregon Coast’s most visited and popular oceanfront resorts. Just 80 miles from Portland, Seaside is a beautiful coastal community of about 6,500 with many visitor activities from which to choose.

Circle Creek RV Park is located just 1¼ miles from the Pacific Ocean, 2 miles south of Seaside, and 6 miles north of Cannon Beach. It features 44 full hookup sites, free cable TV, free WiFi, laundry, showers, picnic tables, fire rings, and a small store.

Cost is approximately $35 per night to cover the cost of camping. FROG will provide dinner one night, and there will be a potluck dinner on another. This is a chance to wind down the summer, relax, and get acquainted with other FROGs in the area. Only a limited number of sites are available so you’ll want to act fast.

Call Circle Creek at (503) 738-6070 to make a reservation, and be sure to let them know that you’re with the FROG group. For more information, contact FROG member Bob Cowan at (503) 699-9213, or by e-mail at bcowan@hevanet.com.

When you’ve made your reservation, please let Bob Cowan know that you’re coming so that we can get a count for meals. Sites will go quickly, so be sure to make your reservation as soon as possible.

Please note that this is a locally organized event that is fully endorsed by FROG. Thanks to Bob Cowan for putting together this activity.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #2

West is Best so we will be there!

And first to say we are in! we just love Oregon and especially the coast, great chance to stock up on Tillamook cheese!

2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280ws 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Diesel 2000 Honda S2000
Nigels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:59 PM   #3
Director, FROG

And right out of the box, it goes international!

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 04-15-2013, 08:55 AM   #4

This looks like fun! Count us in!

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #5
Director, FROG

This one is filling fast. All of the currently available full hookup spots are gone, but we MIGHT be able to get our hands on a few more. Call fast to get either a dry camping spot or standby for a full hookup.

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 04-18-2013, 04:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
This one is filling fast. All of the currently available full hookup spots are gone, but we MIGHT be able to get our hands on a few more. Call fast to get either a dry camping spot or standby for a full hookup.
How come? I only see 2 replies and nothing on the FROG forum. Sold out in 5 days, wow did I miss something? They should have picked a bigger venue! Do you have a list of attendees yet?

2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280ws 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Diesel 2000 Honda S2000
Old 05-01-2013, 02:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigels View Post
How come? I only see 2 replies and nothing on the FROG forum. Sold out in 5 days, wow did I miss something? They should have picked a bigger venue! Do you have a list of attendees yet?

Nigel and Bev
Yes I agree. Sure sold out fast.
Where will you be spending the summer?
Maybe we can cross paths somewhere. We will be in Ontario in July for the Wet FROG Rally at Niagara Falls. Oh wait that was the name of the Branson FROG Rally.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:44 PM   #8

We will also be at the wet rally the first week of July. Really looking forward to meeting other Froggers and seeing the fireworks.

From The Falls we are heading west, and the Seaside Rally worked out for us. We love the left coast. Native Californians both of us, but NC is now home. A LOT less espensive to live here than in CA. And, a lot fewer people.

Old 05-01-2013, 02:58 PM   #9

“Nobody comes here anymore, its too crowded”
(Yogi Berra)
buffalohunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:08 PM   #10
Director, FROG

This event filled up in about three days. We'd be happy to work with someone to do another one either up or down the coast (more likely down).

This is the type of locally-organized event that we'd like to support. The first was the Branson International (yes, I said it) that Iggy organized in 2011. Since then we've had multiple events in OK; Tadpole rallies in OH and IN, and another in IN just last week; and one in FL a few weeks ago. More are coming up in OK (May), MO (June), OR (August), TX (October), and we're about to announce another one in OH (September).

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 05-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #11

BUFFALOHUNTER:
One of our stops this summer will be in Antioch for dinner at the Riverview Restaurant. When we lived in CA we went there for dinner many times. I hope it is still as good as it was in the late 70's.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #12

Hi 5er_tom,

I haven't been to the Riverview for probably as long as you. It is still open. I just checked the reviews on Yelp and they were mixed. Some loved it and some not so much. You can check the web site for it and look for reviews. Let me know what you think of it. Maybe I will give it a try again one of these days.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:02 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Nigel and Bev
Yes I agree. Sure sold out fast.
Where will you be spending the summer?
Maybe we can cross paths somewhere. We will be in Ontario in July for the Wet FROG Rally at Niagara Falls. Oh wait that was the name of the Branson FROG Rally.
HI John. We were looking forward to the "First" frog rally out west, then I blinked and then it was gone

Not sure of our summer plans yet, Bev has decided she wants to move to Vancouver Island, not enough retail therapy on Sunshine Coast, so we are on the Island right now doing the Realtor trip and checking out properties, so this summer we might be moving.....again! Oh boy!

Old 05-01-2013, 11:35 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigels View Post
HI John. We were looking forward to the "First" frog rally out west, then I blinked and then it was gone

Not sure of our summer plans yet, Bev has decided she wants to move to Vancouver Island, not enough retail therapy on Sunshine Coast, so we are on the Island right now doing the Realtor trip and checking out properties, so this summer we might be moving.....again! Oh boy!

So you like the ferry rides don't you.
Good luck on your quest.
John
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote