Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 01:05 AM   #331
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Glad to hear all of you had a great time at the Rally. We are gearing up for the Branson Rally and hope we have as much fun as it seems you did. Maybe we can get YouRoo to come build us a slide

Bob and Iggy, hope both of you can make it to Branson

Old 04-30-2013, 09:45 PM   #332
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by armye7 View Post
Hey Bob it was nice chatting with you at the Pilot yesterday.
I'm not sure which Bob you mean, but I wasn't at Pilot on Sunday. Friday in Fort Wayne, but not Sunday.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 04-30-2013, 10:08 PM   #333

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
I'm not sure which Bob you mean, but I wasn't at Pilot on Sunday. Friday in Fort Wayne, but not Sunday.
I tink he means Doug.

What could go wrong?
Old 04-30-2013, 10:15 PM   #334

Quote:
Mr frog that was me Dougp47 he was talking to. I tried to help in post 179. Army you sure have a nice looking rig. Did you get it un winterized before the rains came. So when is the next tadpole south and where. We had great time meeting old friends and making new one as well.

Ram 1500
Big Horn
Hemi 5.7 2011
Salem 30KQBSS 2012
Old 05-02-2013, 11:21 PM   #335

Quote:
There's lots of arrival news posted, and a little bit of departure news, but not much in between (unless you count the great deluge of '13). You know how your're supposed to turn off the faucets when you attach the fresh water hose? Or at least make sure the sink isn't plugged? I hate when that doesn't happen.

Actually, Mr. and Mrs. Youroo, aka Gary and Joyce, put together a terrific weekend. Friday evening was FROGs & Dogs night, with hotdogs, lots of sides and dessert, and great company. The nighttime launch of flaming lanterns, no doubt creating tales of the aliens for generations of local residents to come, was a prelude to a beautiful community campfire.

Saturday morning kicked off with a bountiful breakfast of scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, sausage, bacon, potatoes, juice, and coffee. (Trivia question: How do you cause Youroo's heart rate to double? Have the caterer not arrive until ten minutes before breakfast time.)

Following breakfast, some of the group headed off to the kids' fishing tournament, while others stayed for a craft session with Joyce. Photos of the crafts will be posted later, along with photos of the winning fisherman.

Later, several groups headed over to beautiful downtown Rising Sun (yes, it really is!) inspired by Youroo's tales of the harp factory located there. Yes, the Rees Harp factory is a real, honest-to-goodness harp factory that ships 200 harps per month to every state in the US and to every continent on earth exept Antarctica. We got to observe part of the construction process, watched a harp's strings being stretched and tuned, enjoyed a playing demonstration, and had a great time.

A short walk around the historic downtown area revealed beautifully restored and decorated buildings, a unique fountain and riverfront promenade, and artfully decorated chairs that turned out to be a tribute to the town's history as the location of an electric chair factory. (I guess life can't be all harp music and fountains!)

Before dinner we gathered for a "frog flip," in which our host managed to flip his frog into the designated target five times in five tries. Following the conclusion of the fraud investigation, the actual winner was determined to be the one member who not only hit the target but also scored a bulls-eye.

Having settled the frog flip fracas, the crowd became a bit less unruly with the arrival of dinner. Baked chicken breasts, roast beef, mashed potatoes, green beans, tossed salad, and drinks tended to calm the group, and attendance prizes finished off the job. Unfortunately, the four Berkshires that Lowbubba assured everyone were among the prizes seemed to disappear before the winners could claim them and drive them away. The investigation continues.

The evening concluded, as camping evenings should often conclude, with blazing campfires, good company, and great stories.

This morning we departed to go on to our next adventures. Several folks either traveled together, or left with plans for other outings together. Once again, the friendships made at a FROG event will grow and expand, and that's the best part of the weekend.

Thanks to Gary and Joyce for putting together such a great weekend, and to the approximately 50 members who gathered in 18 RVs to make it a rousing success!

Pix to follow.
Where are the Pics.? Youroo!!
Old 05-03-2013, 07:26 AM   #336
Director, FROG

Brain cloud on my part, Youroo. I'm on my way to StL this morning for a family activity, will post them this evening or tomorrow.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 05-03-2013, 07:57 AM   #337
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Brain cloud on my part, Youroo. I'm on my way to StL this morning for a family activity, will post them this evening or tomorrow.
You mean you don't multi-task while driving?
Be safe and have a good time.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:13 AM   #338

Quote:
Thanks Bob,the Pro Fisherman is putting pressure on me. The only Pics.I took was of the Cupid Girls at the varies seminars,but I cant show them to the Pro Fisherman because of age restrictions! Youroo!!
Old 05-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #339
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I surely hope there weren't pictures of your neighbor and that horrible water accident.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #340

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrost65 View Post
I surely hope there weren't pictures of your neighbor and that horrible water accident.
That water accident was beyond belief,when the Sheriff came and placed all the crime scene tape! The guy inside kept yelling (You will Never take me Alive),it was really bad! Youroo!!