Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
Director, FROG

Updates and Announcements of More FROG Events

There is SO much going on and about to be formally announced that we’d better get you updated.

As I think everyone knows, there are a lot of activities scheduled for the spring and summer. Information on these is available on the FROG website, www.forestriverfrog.com, under the “Events & Calendar” link. Some of the events are being organized locally, and there are instructions on how to go about getting in on those. Those that are being organized by the FROG office generally have a registration form online.

There are several additional trips coming up in the fall that are currently in the planning stages. We’ve posted those on the “Events and Calendar” link as well, but we want to get all of you in the loop.
To recap (and announce) what’s coming up:

April 2 – April 7
Cherry Blossom Festival Washington, DC. (This event is filled.)

April 10 – April 14
Oklahoma FROG Campout, Natural Falls State Park, Siloam Springs, OK. Call the park to make reservations, and call Bob and Nancy Schorfheide to let them know you’re coming. Contact information is on the FROG website.

April 18 – 21
Florida Spring Fling, Tropical Palms Resort, Kissimmee, FL. Call the park to make reservations, and e-mail Rick and Deb Smith to let them know you’re coming. Contact information is on the FROG website.

April 26 – 28
OMI (Ohio / Michigan / Indiana) Tadpole Rally South, Little Farm on the River, Rising Sun, IN. Call the park to make reservations, and e-mail Gary and Joyce Breeze to let them know you’re coming. Contact information is on the FROG website.

June 3 – June 6
Branson FROG Rally, America’s Best Campground, Branson, MO. Call the park to make reservations, and e-mail Bob and Joyce Ebenreck to let them know you’re coming. Contact information is on the FROG website.

June 25 – June 30
Fireworks Over the Falls, Bissell’s Hideaway Resort, Niagara Falls, ON. We’ve just added this event because of the enormous popularity of the same trip the following week. Registration form will be on the FROG website this week.

June 30 – July 5
Fireworks Over the Falls, Bissell’s Hideaway Resort, Niagara Falls, ON. (This event is filled.)

August 4 – August 10
2013 FROG International Rally, Elkhart County Fairgrounds, Goshen, IN. Six nights of camping, ten meals, live entertainment, RV display, factory tours, factory service, and much more! You don’t want to be left out. Registration form is on the FROG website.

The following four events are just now being announced. They will be set up as individual events, but you’ll get a discount be participating in two or more.

August 18 – August 23
Rocky Mountain High, Colorado Springs, CO. Details to be announced.

August 25 - 29
Purple Mountains Majesty, Grand Teton National Park, Jackson, WY. Details to be announced.

August 30 – September 5
Geysers and Grizzlies, Yellowstone National Park region, West Yellowstone, MT. Details to be announced.

September 8 – 13
Great Faces / Great Places. Mount Rushmore and Black Hills, Hill City, SD. Details to be announced.

November 17 – November 22
Southern Nights, Southern Lights, Southern Bites
Holiday Festival of Lights, James Island County Park, Charleston, SC. This will be a repeat of last year’s sold-out event, with a few twists thrown in. Details to be announced.

And, for our west coast friends, we’re already talking with two members who will be helping us organize at least three events on the west coast for this year and/ or early next year. There are also more locally-organized events in the works, and lots more to come!

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:03 PM   #2
Granny Frog

Wow! You & Cindy sure won't be letting any grass grow under your feet. Don't you need an assistant?
2013 Sierra Denali 2500 4WD Crew Cab

Fulltimers since 6/5/13
ksjerram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #3
Director, FROG

I might need someone to help me figure out where the heck I am. One of our daughters used to travel extensively for her job, and she'd joke that she had to go the the hotel lobby and pick up a newspaper to remember where she was some days. She hated USA Today! It was no help at all.

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 03-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #4

Sigh, its a tough job, but someones gotta do it!
2012 Rockwood UltraLite 2304s trailer
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:55 PM   #5

Wow, you’re working on some awesome post-Goshen rallies Bob.
Joyce and I plan to attend the Rocky Mountain High rally and my checkbook is at the ready. Unfortunately we already have reservations at Colter Bay Village in GTNP and Grizzly RV Park during the same time frame as the Purple Mountains Majesty and the Geysers and Grizzlies rallies. Perhaps we will bump into the group at one of the features or attractions in those parks.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #6
Director, FROG

Bob, our reservations at Grand Teton are also at Colter Bay, right on the shore of Jackson Lake. At West Yellowstone we'll be at Lion's Head, about 6 miles to the west. Grizzly had another group and couldn't handle ours.

We have reservations at Mountaindale for the Colorado Springs portion of the tour, and at Rafter J Bar in the Black Hills.

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 03-10-2013, 12:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
Bob, our reservations at Grand Teton are also at Colter Bay, right on the shore of Jackson Lake. At West Yellowstone we'll be at Lion's Head, about 6 miles to the west. Grizzly had another group and couldn't handle ours.

We have reservations at Mountaindale for the Colorado Springs portion of the tour, and at Rafter J Bar in the Black Hills.
I love Mountaindale. It is centrally located between Colorado Springs and Canon City. We were given Site 35 which is a beautifully terraced site. Bob and I would sit out each evening and watch the mule deer move thru the trees into the park. I can't wait to go back.
Petunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #8
Director, FROG

Petunia, you and Oakman and Cindy and I talked about Mountaindale and Garden of the Gods over lunch at the Blue Owl a few months ago. It turned out that the two we were considering were also two of your favorites.

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 03-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #9

You know how to pick your campgrounds Bob, when we visited Mount Rushmore we stayed at the Horse Thief Campground. While we were there we drove through the Rafter J Bar campground and I thought it was much better than Horse Thief.

I’m not familiar with the Lions Head RV Park in West Yellowstone, it certainly looks like a great place to use as a base for visiting Yellowstone. There’s no doubt that Joyce and I will have to check out that RV park so don’t be surprised if you get a knock on your door some evening. Don’t worry we’ll call to let you know we’re coming so you can disappear before we arrive.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 03-25-2013, 06:56 PM   #10

Any details yet on the August Colorado Springs FROG Rally?

Gary Shapiro, 2011 Georgetown 29' Class A
Dash, Molly & Lily - now at the Bridge and forever in my heart
Shadow - 4-year-old Greyhound
Hannah - 1 1/2-year-old GSD rescue
dashonthedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #11

events schedule

A few days ago, Bob posted an events schedule. I have tried, Lord knows I've tried, but alas, I can't find that posting. Would anyone out there take pity on me and tell me where I can find that!?? Thanks a bunch!
Duramax/Allison
Full timers since 5/30/2013
OL Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjerram View Post
A few days ago, Bob posted an events schedule. I have tried, Lord knows I've tried, but alas, I can't find that posting. Would anyone out there take pity on me and tell me where I can find that!?? Thanks a bunch!
The only one I've seen is post number 1 in this thread.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 04-09-2013, 06:36 AM   #13
Director, FROG

We always post updates on the "Events & Calendar" page of the FROG website. Go to www.forestriverfrog.com and click on the "Events & Calendar" link on the left side. If there's a registration form required, there will be a link to it on the event listing.

Here's the page for events.

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com