Old 09-28-2013, 12:14 AM   #1

What happened to all the FROGS? Hibernated?

The weather gets a little cool and all the FROGS Hibernated?
Where is everyone? Here in Arizona we are planning for winter trips.
You all in the cool and cold climates need to get your rigs down here to Arizona and enjoy the great winter weather here. No snow except in the high country but in Phoenix, Tucson, Casa Grande, Mesa and Yuma the place is starting to fill up.
If you plan a trip here don't forget the BIG annual RV show in Quartszite AZ in January. Free open range dry camping all around the town. Thousands of RV from all over the country stop and stay a week. The BIG Tent has so much for any RVer to buy all those extra parts and accessories at lower than normal prices. Did I mention warm weather and no snow.
Jan 18th thru 26th, 2014 - Hours: 9 AM to 5 PM
http://www.quartzsitervshow.com/rv/rv-general-info/

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aerial12_980_300sm.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	40373   Click image for larger version

Name:	quartszite.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	40374   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mile-Marker-9910.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	40375   Click image for larger version

Name:	quartzsite.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	40376  

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #2

Looks really nice, Iggy. Right now Oakman and I are at a Corps park, Rend Lake. The Ranger came by and told us we have 48 hours to get out because of the Government shutdown.

2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
Petunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:28 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia View Post
Looks really nice, Iggy. Right now Oakman and I are at a Corps park, Rend Lake. The Ranger came by and told us we have 48 hours to get out because of the Government shutdown.
Hi Petunia,
Where's Rend Lake Park? Don and I love the Corp parks and stop at many going across 80 from Michigan to Colorado to visit the kids. We came home the southern route (70) and there are many along that route too.

We have been out many times with the toy hauler since Goshen and plan to camp, here in MI, until it gets too cold to go this fall, probably not past the end of Oct. We have a list started of things that need fixing next August!
Have a great winter and see you again in Goshen next summer!
PAT
Old 10-03-2013, 01:58 PM   #4
Director, FROG

Pat, Rend Lake is in southern Illinois on I-57. It's south of Mount Vernon (where I-64 meets I-57) and north of Marion (where I-24 splits off of I-57 and heads toward Paducah, KY).

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
Pat, Rend Lake is in southern Illinois on I-57. It's south of Mount Vernon (where I-64 meets I-57) and north of Marion (where I-24 splits off of I-57 and heads toward Paducah, KY).
Thank You! We were JUST in that area - came home to MI from Colorado across 70 and then up I-57 (to avoid all the flooding on the Front Range). We stopped for the night at a city campground in Rantoul, IL - interesting park, Prairie Pines, on a decommissioned air force base. I guess I didn't look for the Corp parks that might be in that area or we would have tried to stop there... But I would recommend Prairie Pines for a quick stop too.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #6

Rend Lake has a some excellent campgrounds and the Gun Creek COE campground is close enough to I-57 to make it ideal for an overnight stop. Wayne Fitzgerrel State Park is also relatively close to the highway and good for an overnighter. I imagine the state park is pretty popular right now with all the COE campgrounds closed. The other COE campgrounds at Rend Lake are North Sandusky, South Sandusky, and South Marcum.

We were at the South Marcum campground when the government shutdown closed it. This isnít the first time weíve been evicted from a COE park. Earlier this year we had to leave a campground on Carlyle Lake due to rising lake levels. I did experience a first at the South Marcum campground, the grade on our site was so steep I could walk under the front of the fifth wheel without hitting my head and I didnít need to put swim noodles on the bedroom slideout either. Thatís a steep grade.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3374 - Copy.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	40606  

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags