Old 06-08-2012, 11:42 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis View Post
My wife and I used to boondock a lot in our younger years. However, after having been forced to boondock in that special US Army sort of way, I kinda lost the taste for it. I'll take the spacious bathroom in my trailer over a slit-trench any day!

I like the idea of a nice bathroom & a nice soft bed with no bugs. That is why I have a self contained 5th wheel. I can enjoy boondocking and still have the conforts of home.

Old 06-09-2012, 02:07 AM   #32

I generaly camp with a group, and we enjoy just hanging out, shootin the breeze by a fire, and generaly doing nothing for a few days. We have no problem doing this with full hookup sites and a fire ring. We do everything we could do boondocking, just with a few more neighbors and lot less worry of how much battery or water we have used.

Plus, with the kids, we try to get sites near playgrounds or "kid common" areas so they can go play and make friends. You don't always have those features with boondock sites.

Would I entertain a boondocking trip with the fam or friends? Of course, as long as the beer flows freely, the cigars smoke like chimneys, and the burgers cook evenly, I will be there. For now, though, give me my hook ups!

'12: 27
Rsgtivr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurph
We don't boondock because we live in NW Missouri. Summer camping in this part of the world with no AC is no FUN. We do like to get off the beaten path and have found some small CG's that fill the bill nicely.
Same thing with us! And I don't really think that NW Missouri is really accommodating for boondocking. At least not with an rv. There are some recreational areas along the mighty MO and some of the smaller rivers that allow it. Tent yes, rv no.

We have never boondocked but when we were in Colorado there were tons of places of places for it and it looked appealing.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:32 PM   #34

Having a TT was pretty much the only way I could get my wife to go camping. I love camping with or without the TT. I still have a tent.

Now that we have an addition (19mo old girl) having a TT is a bit of a blessing.
Kids: 3yo DD (Riley), another DD cookin (Kennedy)
Security: 5yo Boxer (Sasha), 14yo yorkie (Porter)...he was married in
BlakeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:49 AM   #35

Here in Missouri most places where you can boondock arenít fifth wheel friendly. My Silverback is almost 13 feet tall and I donít want to damage it by running into or alongside tree limbs. Besides, my central vacuum system is 110v and my two A/Cís need 50 amp service. Also, many boon docking sites in MO are in areas with dense tree cover and the Oak and Sycamore trees block the signal to my satellite dish. Many of these places donít get a cell phone signal either so I wouldnít be able to access the Internet through my Verizon Mifi Hotspot.

Why donít I boondock? Because I donít have to. If I really wanted to boondock I would go back to tent camping and that won't happen because I've gotten too old to go back to sleeping on the ground.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:54 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Here in Missouri most places where you can boondock arenít fifth wheel friendly. My Silverback is almost 13 feet tall and I donít want to damage it by running into or alongside tree limbs. Besides, my central vacuum system is 110v and my two A/Cís need 50 amp service. Also, many boon docking sites in MO are in areas with dense tree cover and the Oak and Sycamore trees block the signal to my satellite dish. Many of these places donít get a cell phone signal either so I wouldnít be able to access the Internet through my Verizon Mifi Hotspot.

Why donít I boondock? Because I donít have to. If I really wanted to boondock I would go back to tent camping and that won't happen because I've gotten too old to go back to sleeping on the ground.
X2... I vowed to NEVER sleep in a tent again after..My son needed 1 more not of tent camping to earn his Eagle Scout.. It went down to 19 degrees that October night..with no heat !!!