Old 08-31-2016, 08:24 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmaster79 View Post
In the harbor freight ad this weekend I see they have a newer model inverter 2000w that you can parallel with another.

2000 Peak/1600 Running Watts, 2.8 HP (79.7cc) Portable Inverter Generator CARB

No reviews but would be interesting to see if they have now also cloned others in design. Never had issues with my open frame generator from there but can't say it's quiet either.
that appears to be an almost identical twin of the Wen 2000 generator, which many folks consider to be a Yamaha knockoff and which comes with very high positive reviews.............

https://www.amazon.com/WEN-56200i-St...ator+2000+watt

fella10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:48 AM   #12

Well... I am not a fan of the Chinese Tool Store, BUT, I have a three year old (electric) pressure washer from them that runs about 3 to 4 hours a day 5 days a week in a screen printing operation. It is the most cost effective pressure washer we have ever had by far. Don't know about there inverters, but the price is right and the return policy if fair and then there is the extended warranty option.

2012 Spyder RTL
FrankG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 11:05 AM   #13
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmaster79 View Post
In the harbor freight ad this weekend I see they have a newer model inverter 2000w that you can parallel with another.

http://m.harborfreight.com/2000-peak...arb-62523.html

No reviews but would be interesting to see if they have now also cloned others in design. Never had issues with my open frame generator from there but can't say it's quiet either.
This one has a decibel rating of 66db!

That's the loudest rating of any inverter generator I've ever seen.
That's louder than the Champion 3500w open frame contractor style generator I have.
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 12:38 PM   #14

I ran the HF 2500 watt genset in FL this past winter in a campground that had many motorhomes running their generators at various times during the day, While the HF genset was not as quiet as a pair of Honda's near my camp, it was certainly NOT as loud as any of the motorhome generators that were running. And unlike the MH generators that are tied into the MH, I could at least hang on an extension cord and take it 50-60 feet to the back of the campsite and aim the exhaust away from the campsite. One evening the wind stopped blowing and the fumes from one MH right next to me running their genset gave me and the wife coughing fits. They did not answer their MH door when I knocked several times to ask them to turn it off. I took my genset from the back of the lot and set it on the edge of my campsite aiming the exhaust toward their MH... they turned theirs off about 20 minutes later and so did I. Next day we moved.

I have used my HF genset now about 10 times in the past year... probably gone through 25 tanks of gas... still works good. If using to just charge batteries it is not loud at all, but large enough to run my AC with the AC Cap mod installed.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 SLT Crew Cab HEMI 3.21 8 Spd 4X4
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 01:04 PM   #15

for long weekends with out power i borrow my fathers Honda mostly to just keep the batteries charged. Where i go you get a time frame of 2 hours in the morning and 3 in the afternoon to run them. just charging the batteries, ya its quiet for a geny but still drives me nuts. Sometimes we will use the electric griddle to cook on and that runs the geny at full strength and gets pretty noisy.

My plan, which might work for you, is hopefully next year go with solar since my main goal is just to charge batteries. It can charge them all day with out any noise. Sure you can spend 1000s setting up high tech equipment, but i am planning on a 200-300 watt suitcase style with long cord so i can get it in the sun and just clamp directly on to my batteries.

the types of parks in my area that i prefer mostly are dry camping.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:10 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
This one has a decibel rating of 66db!

That's the loudest rating of any inverter generator I've ever seen.
That's louder than the Champion 3500w open frame contractor style generator I have.
that is high and much louder than the Wen which is rated at 51dB, lower than the Honda at 59dB(link below),.... so looks aren't everything,.... but then again, maybe its just the "Loud Mouth" of the twins,......

Quiet Generators - What is the Quietest Portable Generator?

fella10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 02:33 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspot01 View Post
Inverter Generator - 4.7HP, 2500W Inverter Generator

Do you like it? Good solution for weekend dry camping just for keeping the battery charged (no air)?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
I do have that same gen .......and it's not a bad little gen so far it has worked fine for me. It's not as quite as a Honda of course but it's not as bad as a open frame gen and in fact if it's not full throttle it's fairly quite and i even use mine to run my 13.5 A/C. The HF store here had them for 369.00.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:40 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by danc View Post
I do have that same gen .......and it's not a bad little gen so far it has worked fine for me. It's not as quite as a Honda of course but it's not as bad as a open frame gen and in fact if it's not full throttle it's fairly quite and i even use mine to run my 13.5 A/C. The HF store here had them for 369.00.
So you can run a 13.5 AC with one? I didn't know that. I was under the impression you needed two for that.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2016, 03:25 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspot01 View Post
So you can run a 13.5 AC with one? I didn't know that. I was under the impression you needed two for that.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk
Yes.....I did add a hard start cap to the A/C and have had no problems since then. Also put a delay timer on the A/C compressor so the fan would come on first so the gen would rev up before the compressor would kick in. After doing those two things I've had no problems.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:15 PM   #20

I started a thread a couple of days back on this generator - works great.

Tags
generator, inverter